Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 03:03:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do the townies in the "Far East" NOT look Asian?  (Read 9296 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
nova-storm

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2007, 07:28:45 pm »

And then there's the rough, scruffy looking lumberjacks, those people are all too clean cut in the mountain

look here now we aint all scruffy aound these parts. Some of us do clean up from time to time. * goes off to braid her leg hair*

and y'all need to simmer down, as AncientHighway has said in another post " IT IS JUST A GAME"
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 07:32:59 pm by nova-storm » Logged

:happy8:A closed mouth gathers no foot. :smile:
resistance is futile you will be assimilated
verenaheu

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2007, 03:11:09 am »

nova-storm  :  :laughing:
Quote from: kimmyfrmtx;929970
I thought those people were fellow tourists, which would explain why they don't look like they belong there.

the townies wearing kimonos are locals, you can learn to bow from them!:)
Knukleur

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2007, 06:57:58 am »

The Sim far east is part of the Sim universe that doesn't have any strong ethnicity nor any history of racial isolation.  Everybody talks the same language and uses the same currency, so the vacation resort is an equal opportunity employer in regards to complexion etc.  Sim society is still prejudiced about age, though, so some jobs are only held by teens while others are adults or elders, and only young adults can go to college.

"I'm not animated to do that!"
   Brak, Space Ghost Coast to Coast
Deviancy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2007, 07:32:44 am »

I wonder if Maxis will take advantage of all the new graphic technology when it comes ot the Sims 3.  Some of these next gen games have facial textures that are just totally trippy.  Maxis could so easily take the sims in a much more realistic direction because of the next gen video cards.  But then again, maybe it's best if they don't.  I can just see it now, they release Sims 3 and try to do the race thing right.. then a few groups lash out at them claiming the game stereotypes asians or blacks or romanians or what have you.

Then again.. I don't even want to think of Sims 3.  

I'm quite content with 2..

demeterloves2

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2007, 02:11:22 pm »

Since someone did bring up Sims 3, you know what I would like to see? A Sim be able to rock the baby to sleep or hold the baby while sitting on the sofa. Now THAT would be cool. I wouldn't mind more realism. For example, I wouldn't mind if my Sim was able to put their kid in a car seat and actually go somewhere. That would be rather cool. I am grateful for what we have of the Sims 2, but there is so much more they could have done with today's technology.

"Damn the man, save the Empire!" - Empire Records (movie) :headbang:
demeterloves2

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2007, 02:21:03 pm »

I say we contact EA with our desires. We might get somewhere if enough people express themselves.

"Damn the man, save the Empire!" - Empire Records (movie) :headbang:
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2007, 04:14:45 pm »

If you want to make your locals look more local, Argon over at MATY has cooked up this fix for us Cheesy Also over there, people are coming up with experimental clean neighbourhood templates ^_^

No requests please
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2007, 05:43:26 pm »

I am laughing at the frustration at not having more Asian looking people in Tikamizu. Be careful what you wish for; if Maxis opted for more ethnicity think how ugly the results would be. Do we need to insult Asians? Leave them be!

Joey the Whinernator

http://www.insimenator.net/
Tabetha9286
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2007, 10:48:04 pm »

perhaps they did not want to promote racisim in the game? That's the only reason i can think of when it comes to why sims "far east" do not look like asian.
DecoraChroi
Frigid Witch
Super Mod

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2007, 06:56:11 am »

Quote from: jinyc;944640
Be careful what you wish for; if Maxis opted for more ethnicity think how ugly the results would be.

You have a point there. :rofl:

"The power to question is the basis of all human progress."
VETTY

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2008, 01:37:34 am »

It's very obvious that they didn't spend the minimum time to make them look like actual locals at least. Is it that hard just to set their hair colors all black and let them have black eyes? (I'm from South Korea, and I know for sure it would be very different even by only doing that)  It surely looks like they are just generated randomly as same as other townies from neighborhood. (same faces with random hairs just added new BV facial hair) The funny thing is the BV box from our country shows the screenshot in where you can see some asian Sims with black hair drinking a tea.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 01:39:50 am by VETTY » Logged
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2008, 02:50:32 pm »

I look at it this way, if you go to Japan not all the locals are Japanese. Nor do they all look Japanese. Just as if you go to China not all the locals are Chinese. In the USA not all locals look European. The entire world is diverse and with the internet it has grown in it's diversity. I lived in China Town here in CA and I am not Asian in the least. Why stereotype people? And say all Asians have to look this way, all African American's have to look that way. All Europeans have to look this way. I think all the communities should be filled with people of all races. It's one of the things I love most about the USA. The fact that we have people from all walks of life so we get to enjoy cultures from around the world. In food, traditions, etc...If you want the townies to all look Asian though you can do a townie make-over. SimPE has been updated to include BV, H&M and the Teen pack.

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: