Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 06:36:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: 'pregnancy wear any outfit' with BV  (Read 31332 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Alegra101

View Profile
« on: September 10, 2007, 04:33:17 am »

I don't know if it's right to ask it here about that but does anyone know if the mod (I think Squinge's mod) 'pregnancy wear any outfit' for ep5 will work with bon voyage? cause I'm about to buy this new ep and I wonder if I will be able to use this mod with it as I know that Squinge won't be making any updates to his mods (or maybe I am wrong?)
Maybe someone already try to play the game with BV having this old mod not taking off?

I will be grateful for any help  :worship:

Thanx!
CynaraBlade

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 05:20:16 am »

Obviously there isn't a BV-compatible version of this hack in existence...not at this point anyway. However I do anticipate that somebody just might try their hand at updating it - could be wishful thinking on my part, though.

:blob6:
Bloody_Tears

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 05:42:40 am »

I've got BV installed and the mod works.

"I am become Death, destroyer of worlds" Oppenheimer, taken from The Bhagavad Gita.
CynaraBlade

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2007, 05:50:56 am »

Ah, okay...has it had any adverse effects on your game so far?

Bloody_Tears

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2007, 06:09:25 am »

None whatsoever, although I haven't taken that family on holiday yet. I'll check tonight once I've finished work and let you know.

"I am become Death, destroyer of worlds" Oppenheimer, taken from The Bhagavad Gita.
babyblue1387

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2007, 06:12:53 am »

That's odd. I have it and it DOESN'T work. I've had to use Tom's Clothing Adjuster to force a redress.
CynaraBlade

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2007, 06:14:48 am »

Okay, well I guess that forcing a redress with boolprop would be the safer option at this point anyway.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 06:19:13 am by CynaraBlade » Logged

MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2007, 12:43:59 pm »

After running the hack diff on that perticular mod a few days ago (and many others) and giving a link to where you can find info about which Squinge mods is compatible or not in another post here at insim in the Bon Voyage help section, I can tell you that this mod need updates and is NOT bv compatible.

Leave in at your own risk.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 12:48:05 pm by MissDoh » Logged
Alegra101

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2007, 02:01:44 am »

thank You guys very much, I just got my BV and delated this mod so that I could play without risk.

:toothy10:
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2007, 09:33:52 am »

so you guys really think its not a good idea to have that mod in the gaem

I think I was clear already in my previous reply :tongue:

Old Squinge's mod can be found at the sims2graveyard site.
Firestar

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2007, 09:53:59 am »

I loaded Bon Voyage and it caused my game to behave very oddly.  The screen started splitting, jagged lines appearing across the picture and then sites hung up altogether.  Dodgy disc. maybe?  Uninstalling undid everything I have done for the last five months, since I started playing sims.  I have a replacement copy now.  I imagine people who play a lot of games probably make backups, but I've learned the hard way to do this before adding anything new.: :sad4:

Always trust your first initial feelings, Special knowledge holds true, Bares believing, I turned around, In the crystalline knowledge of you.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2007, 11:11:54 am »

What I find truly amazing is all the fuss over a hack that effects a sim for three days.  Ok, so what if Maxis maternity clothes are butt ugly.  How much time does your sim actually spend in them?  Over 75% of the pregnant sims I have spend all their time going between the bed to sleep, the bathroom, and the kitchen.  No time for anything else.  Unless you have a mod that puts them into everyday/maternity as soon as they get out of bed, chances are they never change out of their underwear or pajamas.

I can see the use for it in contests and storytelling, but guess what?  Tom's Clothing Tester works just as well.  It's even updated with each release.

People.  Squinge is done.  He's elected to leave the community and pull his mods from a central download location.  No one has stepped up and said they would update this mod.  Don't expect it.  Don't wait for it.  Figure out how to play without it.
Kitty!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2007, 11:21:04 am »

Yeah i have this hack myself and love it, but i dont think its that vital for me, i can play w/o it, although i still have the no relationship decay of squinge, and i know hes not coming back, but i just really need that one.
CynicalSim

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2007, 01:07:47 am »

Quote from: Firestar;932389
I loaded Bon Voyage and it caused my game to behave very oddly.  The screen started splitting, jagged lines appearing across the picture and then sites hung up altogether.  :

This is exactly what happens to me when I load a new ep without updating my video drivers.  After I do, no problems.

*Some people only dream of angels; we held one in our arms.*
                        Remembering Jacob March 8 - 9, 1996
                   Our Angel: http://sids-network.org/fp/jacob.htm
KristalRose

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2007, 12:05:21 pm »

$#%#$%#!!!  I missed that link, Miss Doh, and I've spent more time bouncing around the fourms looking for incompatibility issues than I have actual gameplay!  I've played with this hack and with the Servo Change Appearence hack that is similar.  I'm guessing that one is also bad?  I do apologize for asking stupid questions.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: