Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 12:54:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sims wont go home  (Read 9253 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
cheeroke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2007, 02:42:30 pm »

Quote from: pureheart;932293
Lady Moraine! Thank you so much for posting this workaround. I have had my sim stuck on the mountain campgrounds since my first attempt to play the travel destinations. He was not sent back, he just has never been able to leave. So, I will try this and see whether it works.

Thank you!

pureheart

EDIT TO ADD:  This did *not* work for me. Sad  When I proposed move in, I got the message that my sim was not saved on his household and I should return him home first. At his home lot, I get the message that he is on vacation -- so I cannot save it, move household out or bulldoze the home lot. On the vacation lot (Axes Campground in Mountains), I can't bulldoze the lot because my sim is there. He can check out, then dial to End Vacation -- but then he immediately hangs up. I do not have the buy/build options enabled, so I cannot delete him.

EDIT #2 - SOLVED! I used a drastic method, but I got my sim home at last!
First, I * Backed Up* my game (of course!). Then I used the Clean Installer to find out which lot was the Axes Wood Campground. I then moved that lot package out of the N001 Lots folder and onto my desktop. I relaunched the game and selected my sim's home lot. Within seconds, the shuttled appeared, he got out and went in to fix himself a meal!! I saved the lot.

I lost the campground, but who cares? Chester's home! I am beside myself with joy!

p

wait, what?! O.O
my sims can't go home as well... they only type the number, and than nothng happens.
what should i do? =(((

I hear it fading i can't speak it
Or else you will dig my grave...      :cross:
freshsfs2003

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2007, 05:07:11 pm »

Quote from: Jyl22075;931865
I have a family stuck on a vacation lot as well. My sims were not in a vacation home but in the bungalows on Twikki island. My sims went home but then the shuttle came back and took them back to Twikki Island, except for the dad. Now they are stuck there. Maybe I can use insim to summon them back to their own lot since the dad is still there... this sucks. I just got the stupid tour guide fix and now it's something else. I don't think any of my sims will be going back on vacation till Maxis gets their act together.

Funny it seems like we're all having the same pains but with subtle differences. OK I didn't remove INSIM (just won't go back to Vacation lots). I sent two sims to get married on Twikkii. they booked the Vaca(all is well), the cab came (all was well) the arrived (all is well) but they couldn't reserve a suite. All the townies could even when I played as them (with merola's mind control mirror). So I decided they should go  to another lot to find a place to stay but they can't leave the lot. So I cancelled out of the lot and they returned home. I then got the bright idea to have them buy a lot. WRONG everytime I send them to that lot the lot loads with the sims. when I go back to their house the game says they are at the vacation lot. So now they are no where. I'm going to have to etract them from the lot the same way.
I'm not sending anyone on Vacation for a long time!!!!:blob6:

The American ideal, after all, is that everyone should be as much alike as possible.  James Baldwin
cheeroke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2007, 01:02:09 am »

i deleted Talk to anyone phone hack freom MTS2 and works fine =)

I hear it fading i can't speak it
Or else you will dig my grave...      :cross:
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2007, 06:35:29 pm »

I had the same problem with Sims returning from their vacation home. Shortly after arriving home a new shuttle arrived to take them back on vacation. I kept cancelling the queue to get in the taxi but it would not go away so I let them go.

Later I thought I should have just used the move objects cheat and gotten rid of the shuttle (Lord knows what damage that might have caused). I figured that I could call back the shuttle after they arrived back on Twikkii and cut the new vacation short. You know the rest. Hours past and no shuttle.

Finally, I tried Mark's (Maniac's) solution. I deleted the family and then restored them. The taxi still did not come so I gave up and exited the lot without saving.

The Twikkii Splash Screen showed thier lot as empty. I thought that was too good to be true.

I returned to the neighborhood screen and, sure enough, they showed as being home. I played the lot and they arrived back from Twikkii and the shuttle never returned.

I do not know how it fixed itself. Maybe Mark's cure helped. This is yet another serious bug that was shipped with BV. I now really do not think it is hack related (but what do I know?).

I played 7 different families at vacation homes and hotels and all but the 8th played according to Hoyle.

Joey the Whinernator

http://www.insimenator.net/
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2007, 09:15:24 pm »

I played 7 different families at vacation homes and hotels and all but the 8th played according to Hoyle.

I didn't realize Hoyle added TS2 to his book.  Cheesy
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2007, 12:06:58 pm »

It's all a game of chance, isn't it Ancient? It just depends on how the game engine wishes to play its cards, and the deck is definitely stacked!

Joey the Whinernator

http://www.insimenator.net/
cynamar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2007, 01:05:09 pm »

I have a whole frat house stuck on the campgrounds at Three Lakes.  I've summoned them to a dorm and moved them in but the frat house still shows that they live there and are away and the vacation lot shows that it's occupied.  One of the dudes was my Legacy founder.  He's a married elder now but apparently also a vacationing frat boy.

discowhipped

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2007, 09:05:11 pm »

I haven't had a problem with this but now that I know about it I can safely make my sims go home and not go into panic mode. lol I problaly would've uninstalled and reinstalled all my gamesand just turn it into a big mess. So thanks so much! :happy1:

"It's not everyday that you discover you're trapped in a pixel world."
Suddenly Simmerised - Read it!
Previously known as: Squirt
jokoli
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2008, 03:00:36 pm »

Yea I have the same problem with my sims not returning home after vacation.  I have the sims2Pack clean and found the lot where my sims had their vacation home and I moved it from the files.  but when i went to their home it still said they were at the lot and sure enough it loaded it.  did i delete the wrong lot or something? how do i find the corrupt one so i can cancel the lot?
Mihura

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2008, 02:22:54 pm »

Jokoli, have you try to use another family and to summon the missing Sims (via the Insimenator). It can help. Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: