Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 03:23:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Should my computer be sufficient?  (Read 7508 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
morifane

View Profile
« on: September 10, 2007, 09:56:28 am »

Hey all,

I was wondering if my desktop computer should be sufficient for running Bon Voyage relatively smoothly. I have a HP Pavilion Windows XP with 1GB Ram, 2.4 GHZ processor, and a NVidia MX 420 (64 MB) graphics card. I know my graphics card is pretty dusty, but I don't think my parents are willing to purchase a new one (considering I'm going off to college in the next year). I have currently University, Nightlife, Seasons, and the Glamour Life stuff pack installed and the game runs more or less smoothly (with med graphics settings) as long as I'm not running around in a huge lot with 6+ sims.

So...should I hold off on BV or would I be fine?

Thanks in advance.
vpyroman2

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 10:09:14 am »

Hold off on buying BV. There is something in the code that makes the game really laggy, even on high end computers.
maniac19642003
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 03:40:30 pm »

As vpyroman2 said, the game is laggy for alot of stuff plus the bugs that are in the game but if you still want to see if you can run the game on that computer, you can go to this site and find out if you will be safe to run it or not.

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest

Sleepycat

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2007, 07:06:38 pm »

and yet some people report they have no lag issues and the game runs fine and in somes cases it runs faster.

*shrugs*

Crazy Town - home of my Sim stories & SC4 Terrains, Sims, hairy Skintones and some clothes & stuff.
Simbology
knightguy82

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2007, 07:09:15 pm »

System Requirements Lab dosen't have Bon Voyage listed yet tho

an people who i chat with who play the game say it runs fine on their computers  *shrugs*  i guess its hit or miss
fytj

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2007, 04:25:29 pm »

I also have 1gb of ram and I still have the crappy graphics card I got with the computer when I actually bought it(some bloody Fujitsu thing) and I was very surprised to see that the game works fine, although I have all expansions and stuff packs installed. So I'd say you could give it a try. Wink
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2007, 05:21:24 pm »

The reason it lags is probably down to a spawn tour guide bug that's been reported. Apparently it mirrors a bug in Uni where the barista would spawn endlessly, same's happening with this and tour guides. People with a hood of 400-odd character files now have over 800 because of this :shock:

No requests please
~Iris~

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2007, 05:10:17 pm »

I'm running on 512MB of Ram, 3.0GHz and it's moving faster than it has in a while even when they're away on vacation lots, but it's probably because I've removed about 90% of my hacks/mods.  All expansion packs and no stuff packs installed.

I can grow eggs, steaks, fish and books...but I can't make V8?

My custom sim is Egyptian royalty...the Adventure said so!
tylersada

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2007, 08:02:36 am »

I have all EP's and stuff packs.  I have a 3 year old computer 2.3 Ghz, 256 MB Nvidia 7600, 1G ram.  I am running fine, however I have removed all hacks and the only CC I have is genetics, makeup and clothing(about a 1,000 files).

Sims Mommy
maniac19642003
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2007, 11:53:09 pm »

If anyone else wants to see if BV will run ok on their pc, they can now test it out by going to: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest since BV is now added to the list for sims games.
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2007, 08:55:57 am »

Yay, thanks! Cheesy Word of warning though - it won't work on Firefox. Opened it in IE and got the following:

Min: Pass
Recommended: Failed on the graphics card - I have an ATI Radeon 9700 @128MB, and just failed on that Sad Guess it's time to hunt the needle Undecided

ETA: That said, I've just found one on ebay! Cheesy Here's hoping...
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 08:59:44 am by Sadie79 » Logged

No requests please
maniac19642003
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2007, 01:57:07 pm »

Quote from: Sadie79;933834
Word of warning though - it won't work on Firefox.

I use FF and have been to that site before, thats actually how I posted the link there again then so maybe you have some settings that are blocking it from working in FF. It is a good site to have around tho so you know what you need if you cant run it on a certain system then.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: