Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 03:06:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Oh, fiddlesticks... SimsPe help?  (Read 3205 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
DUpheaul

View Profile WWW
« on: September 10, 2007, 11:26:23 am »

Okay, so I'm still following one of the tutorials here, and I'm now here:

7. Open Sims04 and export the GMND file that corresponds in name with the GMDC file you exported.

Only, when I opened Sims04, and found the right file, there was no sign whatsoever of the export button, which had been nice and obvious for the previous step, and I've searched pretty much every clickable thing in sight, and can't find anything that might work.

Any help? I would be eternally grateful... *sighs*

I'm not normally such a n00b... :sad3:

One day I am sure I will be able to make a mesh! Theoretically I can't keep being put off it forever, can I?
wes_h

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 11:11:11 pm »

The tutorial probably has a mistake, confusing export and extract.

The GMDC has an export button, that allows you to select a 3D format, such as ".OBJ" or ".SMD".

All objects, including GMDC and GMND, have available an interaction called extract. The difference is that extract saves an exact copy of a little part of your package file to a disk file. This allows you to move parts pieces from one package to another.

To make extract work, you RIGHT-click on the item in the resource list (the big list box in the center), and from the pop-up menu pick "extract" and then carefully navigate back to your working directory to save it.

<* Wes *>
Inge Jones

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 07:14:08 am »

Why don't you use the PJSE body mesh tool (if it's clothes, hair or accessories you are making)?  It saves all that opening files and looking for stuff.

SimLogical
Please do not PM me with questions about modding.  Please post in an appropriate forum and send me a link to the thread if you would like me to try and help.
DUpheaul

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 10:34:29 am »

Thank you both. Smiley I'm not sure what the PJSE thing is, so I shall try the other thing, but thank you for your time to answer my question, both of you. Smiley Right, let's see if I can actually get more than a few steps in this time! Cheesy Yay!

*is stupidly excited as I have no homework due tomorrow, so I have all evening to play with sims stuff* Tongue
Inge Jones

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 06:34:23 am »

Tools|PJSE|BodyMeshTool.   You can find out more about it under Help|Topics|PJSE Body Mesh Tool.  Basically it chops about 30-60 mins off the time taken to assemble all the resources manually.   Well it did for me, anyway, maybe it gets quicker when you're used to it Cheesy

SimLogical
Please do not PM me with questions about modding.  Please post in an appropriate forum and send me a link to the thread if you would like me to try and help.
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2007, 11:13:44 pm »

With the later versions of simpe its done in a few minutes.
I never tried pjse bodymesh tool but cant imagine its faster?

No longer active
marvine
Silent

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2007, 01:58:07 am »

With  the PJSE body mesh tool, findind the parts and putting them in a package takes 5 seconds at most, maybe less for the linking to the texture package. It's good to know the boring way, but this made my life much easier Cheesy

Dupheaul, you mention extracting the GMND: no export button, you need to just right-click the line in the top window and choose "extract" - same goes for all the other parts.
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2007, 11:55:56 am »

Oh, definatly worth a try
That's wat you get not reading any tut's, you stick to wat you know.
Thank you Marvine!

No longer active
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: