Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 04:20:26 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bye bye cars..?  (Read 6660 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2007, 01:50:17 pm »

Do you and your sister play on separate User Accounts?  This could be an issue of you thinking you updated the folders you think you use, but actually updated another set of folders.
tellmewhatyoumeant

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2007, 01:54:10 pm »

No, it's one account.

you learn that you don't have the right to demand love on your terms, just to make you happy
nova-storm

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2007, 02:06:13 pm »

download the clean installer and make sure you dont have any hacks stashed where you cant see them as well.

:happy8:A closed mouth gathers no foot. :smile:
resistance is futile you will be assimilated
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2007, 02:07:03 pm »

One last thing, then I'm stumped....
Delete groups.cache
Delete all the files in My Documents\...\Thumbnails

With everything you've told us, custom objects and cars should be showing up.  

I've got cars from TreZillah, vampcat, Fresh Prince, SimTech2, blah, blah, blah all showing up just fine.  Somewhere around 137 custom objects all in catalog.
tellmewhatyoumeant

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2007, 02:10:14 pm »

I'll try that, then tell you the results. All my downloads are in seperate folders, but that shouldn't affect it, right?

I have the clean installer, and there aren't any. I'll check anagin, anyway. Wink

you learn that you don't have the right to demand love on your terms, just to make you happy
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2007, 02:19:31 pm »

If you've used subfolders before, you can still use them.  Running CleanInstaller isn't a bad idea.  If will basically show you what the game sees.  If you don't see your objects there, the game won't see them either.
tellmewhatyoumeant

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2007, 02:21:48 pm »

I'll try that, see what happens.

summerlove26

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2007, 05:46:42 pm »

Did you moved your objects and cars to another safe folder location in your computer so that you can moved them back to the download folder in your sims2 BV.  If you did that you should just be able to select all objects and cars from the temporary folder and moved them to the download folder in the sims2 BV.  If you did then they should be able to work once you enable the custom contents in your game and rebooted.  ( I also assumed you removed all hacks even the INSIM any version) If you did all this and you still flashing blue than it means the file is corrupted and 95% of the time it means you lost all your contents.  Hope not but if you did then you must start from scratch.

If you it does work then I will consider placing the INSIM seasons since I have done this and it works just fine only that when the sim is away on vacation everytime you use the INSIM you get a INSIM machine in the lot ( sometimes too many so you have to be deleting them all the time)  Hope all this information will help you out.  Happy Simmings!

:love5:SUMMERLOVE26
tellmewhatyoumeant

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2007, 06:42:37 pm »

I did not move the objects out of my game. I moved them out during installation, then moved them back. I'll go check, as I've just deleted all the Thumbnail things and the groups.cache. I'll go check and see what I've done, and report back.

If I did lose them all, no biggie. I'll go check Clean Installer, then if they aren't there, I'll start over.

Funny thing...Can you lose Maxis items? That's what's flashing blue and black.

EDIT:
The objects show in Clean Installer. I'm gonna check in-game, then tell ya if it worked! Wink
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 06:52:59 pm by throwitallaway » Logged

tellmewhatyoumeant

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2007, 07:45:19 pm »

Thank you all so much for the help! It works!! The only hack I've added (Decorgal's Modeling Poses Hack) works too!! WOO!!

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2007, 07:50:35 pm »

Great!  Enjoy your vacation
dobydog

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2007, 07:11:14 pm »

Ick..
This is why I stopped getting EPs after Pets. There's just too many hacks I have on my game to replace, and gameplay would be horribly different for me without them. I mean, NO INTEENIMATER? No Insim?! Ugh, Sims2 would just be boring without those mods. And my vampires would all die without Squinge's Vampire hacks. Sad

'No telephone calls today, all my friends gone away. When you're out of fashion it's a lonely price to pay.'
Oh Funny Man, Sex Gang Children
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: