Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 04:43:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: pregnant while on vacation?  (Read 4997 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
mieley

View Profile
« on: September 10, 2007, 05:48:20 pm »

i was thinking, what if a sim gets pregnant right before/while they go on a vacation? can pregnant sims even be sent on vacation? well i was thinking that having a baby there would not be probable bc they cant even bring their toddlers. so, would the sim just be pregnant for the whole vacation (lets say 7 day vacation) and then have the baby right when they arrive home, and be pregnant for 7 days? or maybe the pregnancy "freezes" and when they arrive home they start on their 3 days of pregnancy as if it had just happened.

anyone have any ideas?

I´ll come again when you have Judge on the menue.
Mihura

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 05:52:51 pm »

As I have learn (but not tested) a pregnant sim can go in vacation and she (probably Cheesy) can get pregnant during vacation.
But... the vacation is not in a normal time (the usual time is stopped) so no pregnancy can advance in a vacation. If it's the first stage when the sim leave she will still in this stage when she will come back. Smiley
enchantedw0lf

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 06:39:39 pm »

That's right, Mihura. The pregnancy just freezes, to be continued when she gets home. Third trimester ladies are very grumpy on vacation, though! Cheesy

:daisy:
carolbeka

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 04:49:31 am »

Hi, it works fine if your Sim is pregnant while on vacation, I have mine pregnant Sim on vacation now:
Linda41258

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2007, 05:46:12 pm »

I have a Sim who got pregnant while on vacation. The Sim has a faster decay of motives, but doesn't progress, i.e. no belly or delivery of a baby. As far as when she gets home, I haven't gotten that far yet. My family is stuck on 3 Lakes in their own vacation home and I have a thread going right now asking for help with that. I don't know if the pregnancy is related to them not being able to go home. Got the message that it was time to go, transportation was dispatched, no transportation. Called to end the vacation, did the conversation, but no message that transporation was dispatched. No jump bug, she just hung up the phone and after day 2 of time running out, they're still there. I boolpropped an error on her, reset her, took out the few mods/hacks I have, only have recolors now, no custom content, gave them more time, still won't leave. I guess they like the mountains, I would for sure. So there may be problems with a vacation pregnancy. BTW, I love that swimsuit your pregger Sim is wearing. Did that come with the game? I had problems with my first install, uninstalled everything, ran clean installer, reinstalled everything and found new clothes that didn't show up at first. But I didn't have any new swimsuits for Sim females. I am seeing bugs to the tune of vermin in this EP but I love it. I'll still play it regardless and do workarounds.
ForNeverKrystle

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2007, 03:37:01 pm »

I had a Sim get pregnant on vacation, on her last night, and she did manage to go home without a problem. Her boyfriend then decided to do the right thing by her, and marry her, and booked a honeymoon before the wedding. Unfortunately before the ceremony she began to show, and her wedding dress defaulted to a dreadful purple Maxis one, and at the point they should have gone on honeymoon, after the reception, they were unable to, it just didn't happen, so it looks like there's maybe a problem actually sending pregnant Sims on vacation. Another problem I have, by coincidence with the new husband of my pregnant Sim, is that he got badly sunburned and it just won't go away, it's been days now, as you can imagine the wedding photos leave a lot to be desired!
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2007, 03:44:06 pm »

Others and I have taken pregnant sims on vacation.

For the sunburn, don't know if this will help or not, try drinking water.  It will help for over heated sims, so maybe it will for sunburn?
~Iris~

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2007, 01:38:33 pm »

One of my sims got pregnant while on vacation.  She didn't get sick, and was okay until she came home, but then she "bumped up" as soon as she came home from work, then did it again roughly twelve (not twenty four) hours later.  Weird.  Anyway, she's fine, had her baby, and moved on.

I can grow eggs, steaks, fish and books...but I can't make V8?

My custom sim is Egyptian royalty...the Adventure said so!
Tomkat

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2007, 09:10:20 am »

I haven't sent a pregnant sim away on holiday yet... but two have returned pregnant if that counts...Smiley
The beach + nighttime + hammock = pregnant
freshsfs2003

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2007, 05:45:49 am »

my pregnant sims's motives dropped pretty fast while on vacation. It was fine but she didn't have a ton of fun because she was sleepy and hungry ALL this time. But right after she came home she went right back to her normal pregnany routine.

The American ideal, after all, is that everyone should be as much alike as possible.  James Baldwin
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2007, 04:42:01 pm »

It is miserable to play a pregnant sim on vacation. I just leave them in the vacation home/ hotel. LOL! Now Bon Voyage has caused a population boom in my neighborhood. Sad  (had to fine tune my ACR)

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
lilashannah

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2007, 05:22:03 pm »

Brandi Broke went on vacation whild pregnant with her third baby.I had no problems and the baby was born at home after the vacation
melissawhite69

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2008, 09:21:13 pm »

I have had no real problem with pregant sims going on vacation. Or getting them pregnant while on vacation, but i have encounterd an interesting glitch . If my sim is pregnant when i send her on vacation she ends up having twins. Wierd huh? If she gets pregnant while on vaca it does not happen.
kendra

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2008, 10:31:41 pm »

If your pregnant sims motives drop alot on vacation, you can just type maxmotives and all the motives of everyone will go up.
Indoor Girl

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2008, 10:40:14 am »

I had a sim get pregnant while on vacation, and she too had twins. Also, I don't know how this happened, or if it had to do with her staying at a vacation home, but she gave birth to them right on the beach in Twikki Island (while on vacation).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: