Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 11:28:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Major Tour guide spamming problem, Maxis/EA Patch to fix this is now out!  (Read 18245 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« on: September 10, 2007, 11:01:47 pm »

Yes.... The old Uni barista spamming problem is back with a new twist.

Everytime you will send your sim to a community vacation lot, the game will create a new tour guide character.  If you spend a lot of time there, you can easily end-up with 100 of those without knowing it.  There might be other NPC spamming excessively too.  I tested this myself and can comfirm it is true.

That can easily result in an overpopulated hood and can cause major problems with time to the point of scrapping your entire hood.  

For more info about this, read this post and keep yourself inform of a fix for it:  Tour Guide and Unsavory Charlatan spawn like crazy in BV!

Yes Eaxis screwed up again!

ETA:  Whenever I will see a fix for this is posted, I will update this post with a link for the fix.  If you see or find something before I do, please post a link. Thanks.

ETA2:  A fix for that is in testing right now, I have no idea yet when it will be posted.

ETA3:  A fix for this bug can now be foundHere  A lighter version (posted on Insim) only affecting those 2 perticular NPC can now be found Here

ETA4:  The official Maxis/EA patch is now out to fix this problem, you can download it here:  Bon Voyage patch #1  Expect a patch #2 to be out later since they fix what was urgent only.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 09:09:36 pm by MissDoh » Logged
xoJessi

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 07:32:03 pm »

Well that explains why one my sims from the bin showed up as a Tour guide! It was rather creepy.

My Sims Journal/Photo Album Come see what my sims are up to!

Real Sims
Sims Oasis
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 09:33:56 pm »

Pescado has updated his anti-redundancy hack to address this issue.
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 10:03:06 pm »

Just posted a direct link to that fix in my 1st post.  Thanks Ancient for letting me know.

Thank god it was fast.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 10:17:49 pm by MissDoh » Logged
wawayaya

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 12:03:20 am »

Yay!  Guess I may brave loading it now.  Thanks!
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2007, 12:08:45 am »

Your welcome, I would hate people game blew up because of Eaxis not checking their stuff correctly before releasing an ep. :tongue:
Cleo999

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2007, 01:08:25 am »

WOW! Many thanks for the warning AND for the fixing link!
I have everything Sims2 loaded (well, except the Christmas stuff) and this spamming problem would have blown my system up :-(
Rayea

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2007, 05:29:43 am »

thats wierd.....i havent noticed any spamming.

you mean that theres a tour guide on all lots in a holiday hood? yeah, i seen one of each of them, but only ever seen one on each lot.
usually looks like the same guy per hood to me...
have noticed slowdown on some lots, though.....are the guides invisible/only shows up as one, or do you mean the game is spaming thier uh..dunno how to say it, like...
like someone standing in the game and spamming the same message over and over, but since its game side stuff (ie, internal spamming) i dont see it as anything but slowdown?

*edit* you do realise that that fix and info is unavailable for those that have given up regestering at places, just to be able to see the content, dont you? im sick and tired of regestering at places i might only visit once in a 6 month period, simply to be able to view a single topic >.<
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 05:33:16 am by Rayea » Logged
Sleepycat

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2007, 06:22:36 am »

odd, last I knew you didn't have to be registered to view or download at MATY

anyway, you should be able to get it straight from Pescado's BV directory. you want "antiredundancy"

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/index.php?dir=bv/hacks/&sort=date&order=desc

FEATURES:
Eliminates spawning of unnecessary redundant NPCs. Should only spawn one pertype, more only if needed because the first is unavailable. All spawned NPCs should be equally accessible instead of just the first 3.

The Tour Guide bug is - every time to go to a vacation community lot, the game creates a new Tour Guide instead of reusing an already created one.

One way to check if the bug is affecting you would be to check your neighborhoods characters folder with clean installer. Someone I know did and discovered she had 52 Tour Guides already...

Crazy Town - home of my Sim stories & SC4 Terrains, Sims, hairy Skintones and some clothes & stuff.
Simbology
Jyl22075

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2007, 08:33:34 am »

Is it okay to delete some of the tour guides that are already in my game?
mrs ladybug

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2007, 09:46:41 am »

I got none  Npc in one hotel it was really funny cause this guy kept poping up. I thing better try this patch Smiley

MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2007, 09:52:59 am »

Quote from: Rayea;930728

*edit* you do realise that that fix and info is unavailable for those that have given up regestering at places, just to be able to see the content, dont you? im sick and tired of regestering at places i might only visit once in a 6 month period, simply to be able to view a single topic >.<

I don't know how your internet settings are but I deleted all my cookies which means I did not have auto-registered status on that site on which the fix is posted at, I clicked on the link and it got me directly to the post.  I suggest you try again since there is NO need to be a member to download it.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 10:00:58 am by MissDoh » Logged
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2007, 10:56:42 am »

Quote from: Rayea;930728

In my opinion there are 4 must have sites for anyone that uses mods.  Even if registering is required, MATY, MTS2 (but be careful here because of all the one hit wonders that never follow up their work or check compatibility with others), Inteenimater (even if you never use Inteenimater), and this one.  I urge you to reconsider, especially since Pescado at MATY does so many fixes for things that EA/Maxis botched up.
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2007, 08:18:58 pm »

Ancient speaks with a most ancient wisdom. All of the Sites he mentions are must haves. I would add registering at N99. It is also a major font of information and D/L links. N99 is the one of the oldest continuing help Sites.

I have been monitoring my N001 characters since La Belle Princesse Mlle. Doh found out about the duplications. When I started looking I had 723 characters. After a few gameplays, I now have 732. There have been no new CAS Sims nor any births. I just looked at Clean Installer and have 11 Tour Guides and 5 Charlatans, not to mention 3 Ninjas and I have even been to the Far East!

Time to add Dr. Pescado's anti-redundancy (maybe it will edit my prose as well).

EDIT: BTW, I have 53 playable Simmies in Pleasantview and at UNI. WT..hey! Who are the nearly 700 others (besides the found dupes)Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?? Also, what does Clean Installer mean by game object in describing a character?Huh?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 08:21:43 pm by jinyc » Logged

Joey the Whinernator

http://www.insimenator.net/
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2007, 08:43:29 pm »

Sims identified as a Game Object are those such as Stinky Skunk, the Penguin, Mr. Grim himself, and the charming Mrs. C.  Although I haven't checked yet, I believe Tour Guides, Ninjas, the Witch Doctor, and the Wise Old Man fall into this category also.

After putting in anti-redundancy, I deleted the hoods I had running (just trash/test hoods at the time) and started over.  I also put in the default neighborhoods again (hated removing the clean ones, but I wanted to see what EAxis would have without interference other than anti-redundancy.

The main hood, 3 vacation spots and the 2 ghost hoods I have (not running Pets) came to 291 characters.  Going on one vacation brought the total up to 333.  Oh, only 1 is playable.  I have no clue how many more it would be with Pets with the sim bin families, strays, pet adoption pool and where ever else pets may be found.

Toss in Uni, Bluewater, Downtown, along with Pets, I can see this number hitting 700 easily.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: