Insimenator.org
April 24, 2024, 05:50:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 800 characters in my neighborhood!  (Read 5669 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
LouieLoui

View Profile
« on: September 11, 2007, 12:11:14 pm »

After digging some more to try and find out what's going on in my game, I ran across this post at the Sims official site.  http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/community/bbs/messages.php?&openItemID=item.189,root.1,item.43,item.104,item.41,item.127,item.23&threadID=cb151505c1575dfa4fc5ab43f80dcba9&directoryID=189&startRow=1

I checked my neighborhood where I had been playing, and thus sent one of my families on vacation to all three places (one they were forced to go a second time as the shuttle screwed up and made them go on vacation again right after they returned home).  Sure enough, I have almost 800 characters in that neighborhood.  The others have around 200-400 give or take.  

So now I'm definitely wondering if this is the problem given it had been running completely fine until yesterday.
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 04:01:48 pm »

Yikes! :shock: On the plus side though, I've been reading through the thread on MATY that was linked to that post, and from what I gather on there, Pescado's working on a fix for that. Hopefully it won't be too long Smiley

No requests please
Jyl22075

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 05:08:11 pm »

I have over 800 characters in my neighborhood as well. Is it safe to delete some of the extra tour guides?
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 05:16:49 pm »

There's a sticky in BV Help about this - MissDoh has very nicely offered to keep us updated on the progress of this fix Cheesy

No requests please
Mihura

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2007, 05:20:04 pm »

Hi all

I'm just come back from the game. I have played with an old neighborhood with a lot of stories and characters. 1 vacation (Twikki Island) for now and 1899 characters. With a little tour (only 1st day) in 3 Lakes and there is now 1904 characters. Arf 5 new characters ?
It's maybe because they haven't visited all the lots and haven't met all npc, I don't know... Wink

If this mass of npc block the game in any case, I hope too there will be a fix. Smiley
Tomkat

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2007, 03:23:51 am »

Geez, thats so unnecessary!  I freak out a little with every EP and all the 100s of new NPCs that come with them... so I use the "clean neighbourhood" method, along with MATY's hack to stop them spawning.  This is why I dont mind getting EPs later on (BV releases online tomorrow where I live).

I might wait until next week before getting it, just so all the fixes are available.  
Why the developers insist on bombarding us with so many of their freaks and misfits is beyond comprehension.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2007, 03:40:22 am »

The fix has been made.  Follow the link in MissDoh's thread.
Annette1955

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2007, 02:57:44 am »

I was suprised and dismayed to find I have 846 sims in my Strangetown. As this is a relatively new game there are only 3 born in game children and one CAS sim made to test BV. 24 are tour guides, but even so there are an awful lot of Maxian sims running around somewhere!
Apparently this number is not the kiss of death it was pre NL, so with the MATY fix in place I shall just continue on. Maybe one day my hood will last long enough to give Vidcund grandchildren.  Though probably not lol
tragedymcneil

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2007, 05:16:06 pm »

before bv i had over 1000 characters, and by the time i was about to install bv i probably had 1500 since last time i check was a month or two ago and my game ran perfectly before and after i installed bv.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: