Insimenator.org
April 30, 2024, 03:16:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bon Voyage won't start!  (Read 1517 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Arialonomus

View Profile
« on: September 11, 2007, 12:56:04 pm »

I just installed Bon Voyage, and tried to launch it, well, I got the launch window (I dislike it, if anyone knows how to directly go to the game tell me how please!) so the hard drives starts to work, but nothing happens anyone know why, and  got it to work once but I got this message about it not being able to run abut something taking up hard drive space, can someone help?

Science makes everything sound painful.
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 01:05:16 pm »

If you could post the exact message you are getting when trying to start it, it would help.
Arialonomus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 01:15:27 pm »

Well, after uninstalling some Crapware which was grubbing up my system, I was able to play, but know for some reason it says I've uninstalled Seasons, GLS and FFS, whch I haven't, I'm probably just gonna reinstall seasons, but I don't have the discs for FFS and GLS (a friend lent me the discs for the installation) ARGH!

dano

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 04:04:28 pm »

Quote from: Arialonomus;929498
I just installed Bon Voyage, and tried to launch it, well, I got the launch window (I dislike it, if anyone knows how to directly go to the game tell me how please!) so the hard drives starts to work, but nothing happens anyone know why, and  got it to work once but I got this message about it not being able to run abut something taking up hard drive space, can someone help?

I've seen it before when I upgraded to Seasons and when I mess around with my downloads.

To fix it, I go to the \Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 folder and delete the cigen.package file and any file that ends in .cache.  These will be regenerated the next time you launch the game.  I think the game uses them to speed things up, but they can often get corrupted & cause the game not to start.

Correction -- the cigen.package gets created when you run BodyShop.  It can also get corrupted & keep BodyShop from launching.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 09:26:15 am by dano » Logged
Arialonomus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 05:03:06 pm »

Ok, thanks, I'll try that when I get back to my comp.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: