Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 01:13:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Does anyone have their own sim story sites?  (Read 6756 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
jthehater

View Profile
« on: September 11, 2007, 06:55:17 pm »

...or forums?

I'm a lurker here and I love the stories here. I have my own small site/forum but I was wondering if other people could post up theirs?

The Story Board- Your Stories Here.
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 08:54:49 am »

I tried using LiveJournal to host one, but it's a bit too much messing about getting the text and pictures to look right. It'd be a nice idea, but it'd have to be somewhere people could post comments - what do you use?

Might even get more readers if I try that idea in fact...

ETA: Actually, I found a good one Cheesy Only thing is, it's not for minors Wink
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 09:00:41 pm by Sadie79 » Logged

No requests please
Unbroken

*Grins* "You really shouldn't have said that."

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 01:25:51 pm »

My site is under construction, as I'm still thinking of an idea for the layout and well... I have an idea for this story, but, I deleted the characters (as I was reinstalling my game) and for some odd reason the stupid thing didn't "backup" correctly when I went to back them up. ; ;

So, now, I have to remake every single one of them. (It's a neighborhood type of story). x_x lol Neighborhood drama.. gotta love it. =P
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 01:49:30 pm »

Ouch Sad Yeah, neighbourhood drama... *cough* Not that I'd know anything about that... :angel: I'm considering a rewrite of Broken Dreams without the PG13 restrictions... might be more popular then Tongue Won't be for a while though, gotta get the rest of this first one up there before I even consider starting it.

No requests please
Fercho

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 02:18:35 pm »

I have a story in the red forum, but I definitely want to build a site for it... Damned, I wish I have more time, I began working on it actually. I´ll let everyone know when that happens, cause I want to upload exclusive content and make it with some flash animations Wink

Meanwhile, you a re all invited (well, actually not everyone hehe, cause it´s rated R) to read it on the other insim forum, just follow the link on my sig Wink

Fercho´s  SPIDER TRAP
 - A psychological thriller with sims - RATED R
kaitco

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2007, 02:54:46 am »

I have been working on my name's dot com for a while and added a SMF forum recently. If you have a domain, I recommend SMF or phpBB since they are free and open source and people can post comments and such just like in any other forum.

I intended for the forum to be a little place where people could comment on my stories (both sim and non-sim), but as my single sim story is taking a backseat for another week while I am working on a book, the whole project is kind of...well, dry. No one posts there either.Sad Oh well...

DorienneSmith.com ~ where life finds meaning...or at least, that is what I claim

Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2007, 08:17:37 am »

phpBB is crap Tongue SMF is much better, more functionality and more stable Wink

No requests please
jthehater

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2007, 07:51:28 pm »

I use forumer has anyone tried it?

Just me and my friend are on my board I started. It's a little buggy that forumer, but so far its good.

jthehater

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2007, 07:52:09 pm »

Quote from: kaitco;933610
I have been working on my name's dot com for a while and added a SMF forum recently. If you have a domain, I recommend SMF or phpBB since they are free and open source and people can post comments and such just like in any other forum.

I intended for the forum to be a little place where people could comment on my stories (both sim and non-sim), but as my single sim story is taking a backseat for another week while I am working on a book, the whole project is kind of...well, dry. No one posts there either.Sad Oh well...

I love the Lilith story by the way...

Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2007, 09:19:55 pm »

A little tip for all you story readers - please comment! Even if it's criticism (so long as it's constructive) - we need to know if people like it, or does it need improving on, and we also need encouragement - I'm considering Broken Dreams on here as Project Abandoned, simply because of the lack of comments. Okay, what is there is good, but it's not enough to tell me it's worth continuing. Brotherly Love has done much better, and a lot of that's down to getting more feedback from more people.

I've never heard of forumer by the way :dontknow: For this little "story corner" I'm working on, I'm using an online blogging host for adult blogs. It's based off the blogging software Wordpress, which I'm fast loving Cheesy Nearly got all my current chapters up too, thank God :smt120

No requests please
kaitco

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2007, 09:53:49 pm »

Quote from: jthehater;934665
I love the Lilith story by the way...

Aww...thanks! Cheesy

I agree with you, Sadie79. The constructive criticism is good because it helps us become better writers.

I took a poetry class two quarters ago at school and we actually had to discuss each other's poems which was so beneficial. When I write something, I pour my whole heart into it and even the criticisms help me see where I have failed miserably and where I can improve. Comments make better stories in the end!

DorienneSmith.com ~ where life finds meaning...or at least, that is what I claim

Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2007, 11:01:35 pm »

Definitely. The only way I found my pictures needed work was through contests (not to mention getting booted from Man of the Spring and Summer! :lol:) Nothing on my storytelling, apart from "hard to follow" which I've tried to work on, but again that's just been in contests, which are harder because you have to condense a sometimes long story into about half a dozen paragraphs. Maybe more at a push, but "novels" meet with mixed opinions...

Got the last of my finished chapters up! Phew... I don't know if I can post a link up here, but if you want to check it out, let me know Smiley

No requests please
jthehater

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2007, 03:47:09 am »

Well I'd like to see all of your stories sites...so if you can't post them you can PM them to me...i'll def give feedback.

I know my pics need work, but I haven't really gotten enough courage to let ppl see my stories. I know they are really quirky and have a lot of "in-jokes" that me and my friend know so I dont even know if other people would get it.  Lol.

Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2007, 10:27:29 am »

Feedback's always good Smiley I have a pretty strange/open imagination, so I was concerned at first about posting up this story, but it's gone down surprisingly well.

I know people have linked to InsimAdult, but to be safe I'll PM you.

No requests please
jthehater

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2007, 11:52:27 pm »

Quote from: Sadie79;935668
Feedback's always good Smiley I have a pretty strange/open imagination, so I was concerned at first about posting up this story, but it's gone down surprisingly well.

I know people have linked to InsimAdult, but to be safe I'll PM you.

Thanks I got it, I'll check it out and let you know what I think :happy8:

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: