Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 08:07:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: seasons, pets, or bon voyage?  (Read 6893 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
djchrisblue

View Profile
« on: September 12, 2007, 03:24:22 pm »

Hello all,

Long time lurker and downloader. I am going to buy another EP of the Sims but I'm not sure which one to get. Two catches: I can only afford one right now and my local stores only have Seasons, Pets, and Bon Voyage (FYI--I own the original, plus Nightlife) so those are my options. What are your recommendations and why?

Pets seems cool for the animals, seasons sounds fun for the weather, and BV just looks realy buggy right now, but I only know from reading. (I think I want Uni for the mirrored walls, but I can't find it anywhere locally.)

peace
djc
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 03:33:34 pm »

Of your three choices, I'd recommend Seasons.  

Pets, IMO, is the buggiest of the three.  Even after the patch.  

By the time you get some money again, Bon Voyage should be stable and mods updated if you use any.

University is pretty much a waste of money, unless you really want the objects it adds.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 03:44:30 pm »

^^  Seasons for sure.  Well worth the money spent and way less buggy IMHO.  Wink

ganymede30324

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 04:31:46 pm »

I like Seasons as well, but I've come to love my pets. Toss up between the two for me.

Charley

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 04:49:45 pm »

I think seasons because there is so much you can do, and its on your doorstep unlike the others where it takes ages to load because you have to go from community lots and other destinations. I personally don't like pets because they have limited actions and they are just so boring! I mean i got bored with pets within about a week, but the crafty buggers at maxis make it so i can't play my neighbourhood if i uninstall it. (yeah i know i'm supposed to make backups!) This is the only time i made a backup of my neighbourhood when i installed bon voyage cos i didn't wanna lose it again! Also bon voyage is very laggy, and poor me with a 128mb graphics card has to suffer crappy graphics and a lot of waitin! So don't but Bon voyage unless you have a good computer or you will be disappointed.

Char
xxx

~Angel~

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2007, 04:58:02 pm »

Probably Seasons cause of the weather options and stuff like that. Although, I am really enjoying Bon Voyage, so out of the three, I would pick that ^.^
It does lag though, even with my computer it lags, so would depend how your computer is.

~Mum to beautiful Ella Rose Isherwood,
              Born 21/10/08~
nova-storm

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2007, 05:55:22 pm »

I likePets but Seasons is alot of fun. the garden stff etc is alot of fun. But look onlone like at ebay maybe. you might beable to get more then one for a great price.

Ok I just checked ebay and boy do they have alot of The sims 2 stuff. OFB is selling for $4.99 and there is many more. $12 will get you Pets. just go have a look
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 05:57:48 pm by nova-storm » Logged

:happy8:A closed mouth gathers no foot. :smile:
resistance is futile you will be assimilated
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2007, 10:16:02 pm »

I think we are all unanimous on this, among your list above, Seasons is definitely your best bet.

Adds a lot to the game, new interactions, Seasons, new jobs to name a few.  A must have EP.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2007, 10:42:43 pm »

We were just about unanimous, but Nova says Pets.  I can't figure out why because there's no goats in it....
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2007, 09:44:24 am »

Quote from: ancienthighway;931911
We were just about unanimous, but Nova says Pets.  I can't figure out why because there's no goats in it....

:shock:  :rofl:
nova-storm

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2007, 10:36:13 am »

lol I love bugs? I do wish we had goats. then I could have Jase in my game and make him happy Wink

It might be the fact that at home I have 1 goat, one sheep, 8 cats, 8 dogs, 4 horse, and 3 kids LMAO! I like the dogs best!

:happy8:A closed mouth gathers no foot. :smile:
resistance is futile you will be assimilated
freshsfs2003

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2007, 04:47:59 pm »

SEASONS!!!! all the way, hands down the best!

The American ideal, after all, is that everyone should be as much alike as possible.  James Baldwin
Bev in NY

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2007, 03:53:46 am »

Well i guess i'm with the rest on this one....i have all the expansions and i would say i like seasons the best....As far as Bon Voyage i'm still working on filling the vacation things u have to accomplish...

BEV
Tomkat

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2007, 09:18:46 am »

Seasons all the way...
That says a lot, since Im still in the "honeymoon" phase with BV....Seasons is just the better pack with more additions than any other EP.  Pets is more like a stuff pack than a real EP...and BV is already losing its luster (and I only got it on Friday)
zaphod08

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2007, 04:24:03 pm »

I buy them all so perhaps I'm the last one to ask, but I've been having more fun with bon voyage.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: