Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 05:46:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bon Voyage bugfix  (Read 6106 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
maniac19642003
« on: September 12, 2007, 06:04:01 pm »

Just found this at snootysims.

Normally I won't post about bugs or unofficial bug fixes but at the moment there's a nasty bug in Bon Voyage which you may want to know about.
The bug is as follows; Every time you visit a vacation lot, the game generates a new tour guide; not re-using the existing one. So after some time of playing, all these npc files will seriously slow down your game. For those experiencing this, there's already an unofficial patch to solve this.
Find it here: Moreawesomethanyou.com
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 06:29:18 pm »

Note that Pescado's antiredundancy mod that prevents the endless tour guide spawning, it will not delete the excess in the game already.  At least that's the way I understand it.  New vacation spots won't have the endless spawns, existing spots won't have any more generated, but existing spots will still have the ones already created.
Cheriem72

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 09:22:07 pm »

Still, you can use a back up or you can reinstall from scratch to get rid of the extra character files, or if you know what you're doing you can use clean installer or SimPE.
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 09:40:40 pm »

Pescado has a tutorial up there about how to use his debugger and SimPE to delete the files. It's a little outdated (with an earlier version and before Theo came up with the Delete Sims plugin), but I underwent a massive clean-up operation on my main hood using that, had no problems Smiley

No requests please
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 09:51:33 pm »

Bear in mind that SimPE is not updated for BV yet.  Until it is, SimPE is not an option.
Tomkat

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2007, 04:01:53 am »

I have a stupid question... I downloaded the fix mentioned above... (prevention better than cure...Wink) But Ill only be getting BV tomorrow.  If I implement the hack before I install BV - would that stop the creaton of useless NPCs right away before I even play the game?
I know that townies and NPCs are coded into the game to be part of the new EP - so obviously there will be certain amount of new ones... but with this hack it should stop the 'bug'  so I dont get 100s of pointless extra ones created after Ive loaded he game for the first time, right?
tylersada

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2007, 07:14:53 am »

When I install a new EP I remove the MyDocuments\EA\Sims 2 folder to completely rid myself of collection files, config mods, CC, hacks etc.  I run my existing game to recreate the original folders and then install the new EP.  So far I have had no problems with BV but I am going to download this mod when I get home as a preventative.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 07:30:20 am by tylersada » Logged

Sims Mommy
mrdolphins

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2007, 11:16:55 pm »

Man I'm glad I've only gone to a vacation lot twice. So if I understand right I should only have a few extra tour gides right?
I'm so glad this was posted here too thank you.

:fish: pickpock's biggest fan:worship: :fish:
:fish: Watch out or you may get splashed or sprayed!:fish:
Join the Animal Army
bizzygirl71

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2007, 11:44:44 pm »

how can I tell if I have alot of tour guides?

I would rather be laughing with the sinners, than crying with the saints:blob6:
Mihura

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2007, 05:03:28 am »

Use sims pack clean installer (SPCI) and load the "characters" folder of your neighborhood (via "browse"...). Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: