Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 12:58:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A reminder to help while we wait for the update on the INsimenator:  (Read 3915 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
sierradane

View Profile
« on: September 13, 2007, 08:31:20 am »

Because I am a firm believer in using the INsimenator, I forgot about an ingame cheat: maxmotives

Just open your chat window and type maxmotives

I think that is the one thing I use the most with the insimenator.  And I didn't even want to explore the new expansion because my Sim was getting tired, hungry, dirty etc.

So I'll use that until the updated version comes out.  And besides that, I have to go thru my custom content to add a little at a time to see if it works
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 08:33:11 am by sierradane » Logged
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 12:13:10 pm »

Sierra, Merola's Multi-Painting works the same way. It only works with "human" Sims but it works and works with BV and is a perfect companion to the InSim.

Joey the Whinernator

http://www.insimenator.net/
bulldawg

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 09:43:38 pm »

Quote from: sierradane;932318
Because I am a firm believer in using the INsimenator, I forgot about an ingame cheat: maxmotives

Just open your chat window and type maxmotives

I think that is the one thing I use the most with the insimenator.  And I didn't even want to explore the new expansion because my Sim was getting tired, hungry, dirty etc.

So I'll use that until the updated version comes out.  And besides that, I have to go thru my custom content to add a little at a time to see if it works

I have my cheats listed in a file called userstartup.cheat I think, not the one in the MyDocs/EAGames/TheSims2 file.  It must be in the current expansion pack in order to work.  Basically you open the file as a txt document in notepad and you change the commands you need when typing a cheat.  So for example, if I need to use the 'maxmotives' cheat, all I need to do is type in 'mm'  One that I always hated was the 'boolprop constrainfloorelevation true/false' cheat, now all I do is type 'f' or 'f-' if I want to use that cheat.
WARNING!! DO NOT try this method without knowing exactly what you need to add in this file!!!!!!!!!  If there is any interest I'll post instructions on exactly what you need to do.

Also, your 'maxmotives' is a great suggestion, but are you aware you can freeze the needs at maximum?  This command does that;

motivedecay true/false

Hope this helps!  

Just remembered another thing, if you use the arrow key in the cheat window prompt, all the cheats you have entered since you started the game will appear.  This is handy to know and saves typing in a command you already used.
Sleepycat

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2007, 05:56:43 am »

my userStartup.cheat file works just fine in the my docs/the sims 2/config folder

theres a list of all the cheats over at Snooty Sims

Crazy Town - home of my Sim stories & SC4 Terrains, Sims, hairy Skintones and some clothes & stuff.
Simbology
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2007, 02:19:24 pm »

I love my UserStartUp.Cheat file and it still works well with BV too.

Joey the Whinernator

sierradane

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2007, 03:22:42 pm »

Quote from: jinyc;932543
Sierra, Merola's Multi-Painting works the same way. It only works with "human" Sims but it works and works with BV and is a perfect companion to the InSim.

Is that the energizer painting?  If so, it DOES work with BV?
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2007, 03:36:27 pm »

If you mean can it boost Sims' motives? Then, yes. It works just like the InSim.

BBB has also made recolorings that are great.

I think I just saw that Inge Jones has updated it so that it can be used for pets & later EPs as well. Her version is a single tile painting.

Joey the Whinernator

sierradane

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2007, 08:17:57 am »

I think I have that painting, but I took it out because of installing BV.  It doesn't do weird things to the EP?
Arialonomus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2007, 08:40:01 am »

I've also noticed that the T.A.R.D.I.S. at MTS2 is a watered down version of InSim. I'm trying to wean myself from using the InSimenator so I'm not downloading it, but the not having it in my downloads folder is good for me.

Science makes everything sound painful.
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2007, 12:56:03 pm »

Sierra all of Merola's hacks work with BV. They cause no problem. The multi-painting and mind control mirror are musts as far as I am concerned until the InSim is updated.

Joey the Whinernator

abc_ente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2007, 06:21:54 pm »

I also have BV and use the multipainting and the mind control mirror in my game. They work perfectly well.
WadeSimMiser

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2007, 07:53:50 pm »

Exactly why I will NEVER put maxmotives in my userstartup.cheat file.  I'd never be able to potty train my toddlers right.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: