Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 03:14:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Default Maps For Beach Houses?  (Read 3833 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Zirconia Wolf

View Profile
« on: September 14, 2007, 02:58:36 pm »

I haven't installed BV yet (though I do have it) as I want to get my hoods "ready" for it, but was wondering if those of you who have already installed it could give me a heads up as to which (if any) of the pre-made hood maps (Sedona, Crystal Springs, etc) available offer the best/most options to build beach house lots on?

If none of the pre-mades are decent, how about pointing me toward some good user made ones? (I don't have SimCity 4 so making my own isn't an option.)

Thanks,

-ZW
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 02:59:42 pm by Zirconia Wolf » Logged

*** Self-Proclaimed leader of the MoonBats! ***
knightguy82

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2007, 08:20:46 pm »

i'm using an the bluewater map  so far i made a custom shopping subhood  & Custom Uni hood using it  

now my Adult & YA Sims can go to the Community Beach if their not lucky or rich enough to live on a beach lot or want to go on vacation
Sleepycat

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2007, 08:58:22 pm »

there are some really nice terrains that are made for beach lots at

http://www.simsanne.com/Forum/filebase.php     

they are under SC4-TERRAINS and there are Islands and Lands. I don't understand a word on that site other then Downloads and SC4-Terrains but figured out that Inseln must mean Islands and Landschaften must mean Lands :lol:

The lands are new since I checked there yesterday... *downloads* I already have a few of the Islands and I'm currently using one of them (19) for my new neighborhood. Some will fit the beach lots better then others since many were made before BV was out.  

Most of the new BV terrains are very small. I was going to use the Crescent Island terrain (it's not as small as the other new ones) until a friend found the site above and sent me the link.  

Most of the pre-BV maxis/ea terrains won't fit any beach lots. bluewater and maybe one other might fit a couple but thats about it.

Crazy Town - home of my Sim stories & SC4 Terrains, Sims, hairy Skintones and some clothes & stuff.
Simbology
Zirconia Wolf

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2007, 06:08:10 pm »

Thanks for the link! Those are wonderfull maps!!!

Kinda had a feeling than none of the long-time Maxis maps would be "beach house ready", but I was hoping....

-ZW

*** Self-Proclaimed leader of the MoonBats! ***
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2007, 06:50:51 pm »

there's a couple of new terrains on mts2 that might be suitable, you might want to check those out

thanks for the heads-up on those Sleepycat

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
Knukleur

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2007, 11:54:41 am »

There are three spots where you can use the three smallest beach lots in the Driftwood terrain (which always reminds me of a tourist town called Saugatuck in Michigan.) One is across from a little peninsula, and if you place a lighthouse on or near this it's sorta romantic as a viewable neighborhood object from this lot. The other two are near each other and out near the edge of the clickable range if you're using the standard neighborhood camera; it's kinda tricky to place any neighborhood objects including the new beach boulders near/on them.  All three of them slope down immediately from the sidewalk and have quite a lot of elevation change between the road and the beach.

"I'm not animated to do that!"
   Brak, Space Ghost Coast to Coast
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: