Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 07:47:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: More bodyshop problems  (Read 2196 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
babyblue1387

View Profile
« on: September 14, 2007, 04:42:52 pm »

My bodyshop crashes, and I can't figure out why. I've deleted the cigen, accesories, and cache files over and over, and that didn't work. I took out the saved sims folder, and that didn't make it stop crashing. I was trying to find out if there were any other things I could try, but, oddly enough, I couldn't get the search to show any results for "bodyshop won't work," or any variation thereof. There were what I'm guessing to be error logs and files. I deleted those, too, but it didn't help. I've got a new one, and I can't make heads or tails of it. So there's no using that to try and figure out what's wrong. Anything else I can do?
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2007, 04:47:18 pm »

With Bodyshop starting up, I tend to believe you may have a mesh not compatible with your game.  Bodyshop meshes are pesky errors to track down because the error doesn't occur until the mesh actually tries to load.  I found one that I'd downloaded 4 months before the crashes started, simply because I never tried using it before.
babyblue1387

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2007, 05:11:00 pm »

Hmmm...I honestly have no idea about how to get rid of it then. My bodyshop crashes before it even finishes loading. Odd thing is, I want to delete stuff without having to go through the lag in-game. Maybe I'll try deleting stuff in game and see if that makes a difference. For the record, I haven't had the game crash when going through the clothing or objects. I've been all through the clothing and hair, straight through to the maxis stuff, and haven't had a problem.
sims2lov3r100

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2007, 05:47:11 pm »

You might want to check over here: http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Body_Shop
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 02:18:59 pm by sims2lov3r100 » Logged
babyblue1387

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2007, 06:24:53 pm »

I tried your link, but it doesn't work for me. I looked around the wiki, and didn't see any help section.

EDIT: ah, never mind. I found it! Thanks for the link, I think this will really help!

EDIT pt 2: Ok, I think I've got it narrowed down now. Apparently, it's some clothing I've downloaded in the last month, but that's the stuff that I was wanting to go through to delete:dontknow: I'll have to add stuff a little at a time to find out what it is, though...
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 08:16:14 pm by babyblue1387 » Logged
sims2lov3r100

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2007, 02:23:22 pm »

Do you need to try delphy's download orginizer? It might help. http://modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=227925
babyblue1387

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2007, 06:30:58 pm »

I have Delphy's Download Organizer, and I don't find it particularly helpful for these types of things. It's really too...vague, if that makes sense. It doesn't tell me which recolors don't have meshes, or which meshes don't have recolors, or what problem files might be in my game. I've been working with bodyshop for the past couple days, and I've narrowed it down to a small group of problem downloads. I can get bodyshop to load just fine without those, so I'll go through and find the problem one.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: