Insimenator.org
April 24, 2024, 09:17:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: ITS NOT WORTH IT!  (Read 19253 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Savahni

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2007, 03:39:29 pm »

I have been playing BV for a while now, and didn't experience any noticeable bugs. Insimenator clearly won't work well, but there are other 'light' hacks that is sufficient enough to play with.

Personally, I found BV to be the best expansion pack so far.. Yes, it feels like a remake of Vacation, but it's exactly what I wanted. The original Sims was good, Sims 2 is even better, so I really don't mind if the take a concept from Sims 1 and implement and improved version of it.

Now.. I wonder if they'll ever make a remake for Superstars.. I still can't rebuild one of my virtual family from the previous game without that kind of expansion pack.. Smiley
« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 03:48:03 pm by Savahni » Logged
bizzygirl71

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2007, 04:04:07 pm »

I am having sooo many problems with BV that I don't want to play it anymore. I mean with this new problem of not being able to go on vacation now I have had it!  I can't keep wiping the slate clean and starting all over again. I mean I probably have to reenstall again, so I lose the family I created and their progress. Sorry just ranting and feeling sorry for myself.:sad4:

I would rather be laughing with the sinners, than crying with the saints:blob6:
Savahni

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2007, 04:09:30 pm »

Oh yes.. forgot one more thing. I did do a reinstall before trying BV, mainly because my system was attacked by virus and I was forced to reinstall the OS. Obviously, the Sims 2 was the first app I reinstall after that. Perhaps it's because of the reinstall that I haven't got any problem so far.

BTW, bizzygirl71, I still have my old neighborhood, though (complete with the all cc and light hacks). As long as we have backup of the EA folder in 'my documents', reinstalling the Sims 2 doesn't have to mean starting from scratch again.. Wink
bizzygirl71

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2007, 04:33:35 pm »

how would u do that  what is this back up folder

I would rather be laughing with the sinners, than crying with the saints:blob6:
Savahni

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2007, 04:40:33 pm »

Look at your 'My Documents' folder.. there should be an 'EA Games' folder. That folder contain all installed EA Games' saved games (Sims 2, in this case). Just copy this folder somewhere save, and simply copy it back to your new 'My Documents' folder after reinstalling operating system.

Note that if you only reinstall The Sims 2 (not reinstalling windows), this won't be necessary, since by default you will still have your old neighborhood after the reinstall. However, it is advisable to make regular backup of this folder to avoid having to start from scratch should anything happen to your system.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 04:45:14 pm by Savahni » Logged
hotbeeyatch

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2007, 05:54:14 pm »

I have never really had a problem with any of the Ep's. I always take out my hacks and make sure anything I put back in has been ok'd or updated. Sometimes there are things about the new EP that bug me (like the constant "oh look it's raining" from Seasons) but usually some wonderful person creates a mod to fix it and I'm happy.
trl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2007, 06:31:28 pm »

Alright, I am trying to make heads or tails of all of this. So the blue screen of death, game comes back and shortly there after comes the black screen is a common issue for many?

This has also been happening to me. I have no hacks/mods anywhere, I have up to date audio and video drivers, I have played without CC and with CC. I have also scaled down much of my CC that I don't use. My g/card is more than compatible and as this computer is only for the sims, I have over 100 gigs of free memory. I have also put in the anti redundancy download from MATY as well as by passed the launcher. So my understanding of this all is that this crashing issue is related to the game with which eventually a patch will be available to address the problem. In other words, save often and just ride this out. Am I correct or is there still something I have missed in my troubleshooting?   LOL :beer::happy1:

Ps - I do love what this EP has to offer as I have with every EP that has come before it but this is the first time I have had problems related to a new EP.

dorme99
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2007, 07:02:02 pm »

This is my first time ever posting. I just wanted to say that I love the Sims 2 and all of the EP's that have come along with it. I've never had any problems with any of my games except when I didn't take out mods when I installed a new EP. I like BV and so far I haven't had any problems with it. I always buy my EP's within the first week they are released.  I love the mods that are made for this game. I hope that everyone that is having problems will be able to work through them and enjoy the game.
Deviancy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2007, 07:51:11 pm »

Quote from: fytj;937958
And I also think that a poll about if you downloaded or bought the game would be interesting cause there certainly ARE people complainig about bugs and crashes although they downloaded the game without paying for it...

When the Sims 2 first came out, it was all over the net.  But at the time whoever released the pirated version created the crack prior to actually really investing time in the game.  So the crack would bypass the security but the player wouldn't be able to use the build option.. they were only able to buy objects.  I thought it was kind of amusing.

But most of them are going to have to reinstall Bon Voyage if a patch is released.  Most no cd cracks are version specific.. so the patch won't install over them so the original exe would have to be put back in place.  If they're smart, they backed it up.  But even after they install the patch, they then have to wait for a new no cd crack to come out that works with the patch.  So those who pirate games, they may be saving 30 dollars.. but they get inconvenienced quite a bit.. so it's kinda karma like..

As for your TRL...

Your issue is Maxis related..

Bon Voyage is causing some video cards to break the signal to the monitor which causes it to think the computer is off.  It's basically an out of sync error which has been a problem with the Sims 2 since Seasons.  They patched Seasons and it seemed to be stable after that but so far there's no word on a Bon Voyage patch.

Been a week now to....

But it isn't a bug that's affect every one so Maxis probably realizes this and isn't as stressed about it having to much of a negative impact on sales.  Either that or they're just slooooow.  I mean they should have known about the bugs over a month ago.  Publishers generally send out games to reviewers weeks before the games hit the market.  You'd think a few of the reviewers would have noticed the bugs and let EA know..

Anywho.. maybe next week we'll have a patch.. hopefully..

trl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2007, 08:21:44 pm »

Thank you Deviancy!!! I can ride it out, no problem. I am just glad to know that I can stop messing with everything. My hubby and his friends at work always say "SOS" = save often stupid! LOL I will just do that more  than usual and when the blue screen comes a calling and the game comes back, I will heed the warning and exit the game. Again thank you!!

motvet

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2007, 08:44:21 pm »

I made not just one,but two mistakes (1) I bought a computer with Windows Vista and if that wasn't enough (2) I installed Bon Voyage. And yes it did drive me nuts.(fortunately, I've got medication to help)(no lie) One thing I noticed immeditately is that carpool cars used to stop at the sim's house and then just drive by. The same thing happened when I wanted my sims to go on vacation. That was resolved when I uninstalled and then reinstalled it. However, many objects that I try to append into my game since then do not show up, even though I get messages that say the download was successfully installed.(things like skins, statues, pictures, cars,and houses). I find that if the cc was not made with BV, then it's not worth my time to check to see if it's going to show up in my game. Is that right? Heck noooo! However, I like that my sim's can finally swim in ocean. As to Windows Vista, I can't find anything that I like about it, and if I did'nt hear that eventually XP will be phased out, I would be using it (again) on my computer right now. But, that's another looonng story.
Happy simming. There is light at the end of the tunnel.
There are plenty of great programmers out there on sites like this. They make great stuff/cc for the sims2.
Deviancy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2007, 09:26:11 pm »

I'm not sure if I'm following you.  I just toss CC in the downloads folder.  I never get any message that says "successfully installed".  Are you using some kind of sims program that installs custom content for you?  I think Sims2pack clean installer does that, doesn't it?

Anywho.. if you want to get the stuff to work..

Go here..

C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2

Delete groups.cache and accessory.cache..

Restart the game..

Statues and stuff should show after that.  Sometimes after an expansion install even if you have custom content enabled.. stuff still doesn't show.  It just because it didn't get cached the first time.

As for XP.. it's only being phased out OEM wise.  IE: it won't be an option when buying a computer at the store anymore.  Dell of course will fight this, but I doubt that'll help.  XP still will probably be supported for another few years, maybe 2.  A lot of people are threatning to go to Linux if MS forces Vista too much.  I don't think MS is stupid enough to push that, they're already getting really close to losing the browser war.. don't think they also want to lose the OS war.

Vista is clean.. it looks good.. I just don't like how if a game requires a gig of ram to run on xp.. its a gig and a half on Vista.  That means the OS is to resource hungry and that just isn't cool.  An OS should run light.. kinda like one of the Olsen twins.. it shouldn't have the appetite of Britney Spears.. I don't need a resource heavy fat ass OS bloating things down.

Heh.. I like that analogy.. sorta.. kinda..
« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 09:32:51 pm by Deviancy » Logged

Koviljka

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2007, 10:20:55 pm »

Quote from: Dizi;935630
I have to say some people are being very harsh. I don't think I post very often but there's a thread for people who have no problems, and guess what? I posted there. Which means I had no problems with my game. The fact that there is a thread for having no problems is an indication that for many there are no problems to be had. Just do what you're always warned to do and take out all mods and hacks. AND QUIT WHINING ABOUT IT!!!
~dizi

Respect!!!!!!!
sannysims40

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2007, 12:26:36 am »

I totally agree!  I am waiting to get Seasons, I have the core game and NL but too want to be sure of the kinks.  If we as sim gamers let Maxis know that if they continue to put out inferior products we will stop spending our money on their #1 money-maker (Sims, Sims2, all of the Sims console games).  This is one reason why I did not buy the Sims2 for Xbox because I've heard that it was crap and that Maxis only cares about money.  I do believe in the old saying, "you get what you pay for" and frankly if I'm paying my hard earned money on this game or any other I may think twice about keeping my money in my pocket or my case my purse.  If we sim gamers would give Maxis a message that either they put more quality into their games we will stop buying!  Sorry to rant and rave but I could not help but respond and agree with everything you've posted.  Many, many thanks guys.
Firestar

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2007, 07:39:19 am »

As someone who has never played computer games until five months ago when a friend got me into SIMs, I don't understand most of the talk about hacks etc.  Bugs I know about. (Those things they stomp on... just kidding).  All I know is that I have all of the other games and the only time I had a problem was with a scratched disk.  However, I am having a few problems with this one. A posting on this site was a big help in showing me what was wrong with my downloads.  (OH!!! the file needs a CAPITAL 'D'), but things are still not running well.  Jagged lines splitting the screen, 'vapor trails' following my sims around and bodies going one way while heads go another.  Very weird.  I'm going to keep trying and learning from the clever folk on this site.  Thanks for the tips and help I've had already by the way.

Always trust your first initial feelings, Special knowledge holds true, Bares believing, I turned around, In the crystalline knowledge of you.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: