Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 04:45:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: ITS NOT WORTH IT!  (Read 18800 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
scerebe

View Profile
« on: September 14, 2007, 05:02:15 pm »

After having to play all the EP'S while waiting to have hacks updated, especially insim, I've decided to wait to buy the new EP until hacks are updated and patches are made.After reading everybodies comments since BV came out, I'm glad i'm waiting. This game seems really messed up. I bought a new computer just for the sim games, and if anything messed it up, I would freak. Lord know this happened several times with my old computer and I thought I would have a nervous breakdown. Maybe by Christmas it will be playable.
Scotty

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2007, 05:12:14 pm »

Quote from: scerebe;934386
After having to play all the EP'S while waiting to have hacks updated, especially insim, I've decided to wait to buy the new EP until hacks are updated and patches are made.After reading everybodies comments since BV came out, I'm glad i'm waiting. This game seems really messed up. I bought a new computer just for the sim games, and if anything messed it up, I would freak. Lord know this happened several times with my old computer and I thought I would have a nervous breakdown. Maybe by Christmas it will be playable.

ALL EPs have bugs in them at first. BV is no different.

For discussions and downloads, come to The Gay Sims Club 2

We are MORE than just a forum!
Kala

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2007, 05:34:06 pm »

Scotty's right, but it's good to wait awhile before you get a new EP.  I'm waiting to get BV myself.(money+hacks)
Arialonomus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2007, 08:36:55 am »

I have to agree with Scotty and Kala, this is probably the biggest EP next to Nightlife, I men so many new objects and features there are bound to be HUGE compatibility issues.

Frankly this is my fave EP so far.

Science makes everything sound painful.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2007, 09:12:42 am »

Quote from: scerebe;934386
After reading everybodies comments since BV came out, I'm glad i'm waiting. This game seems really messed up.

Apparently you haven't read everybodies' comments.  While there aren't as many favorable comments as there are unfavorable, people that don't have problems don't post as much about pros and cons.  Yes, there are bugs.  Is that anything new?  Yes mods don't all work.  Nothing new there either.  This isn't the buggiest EP ever released, in my opinion, as many claim.
Maybe by Christmas it will be playable.

Damn.  Don't tell me and all the non-posters that they can't play their game now.  I've been playing it since day 1 that it was released as others have.  You've passed judgment on an EP you haven't even bought yet based on comments from a couple of naysayers.  Oh, well.  Your loss.
Deviancy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2007, 09:18:40 am »

If a programming team knows their sh*t, this kind of thing does not happen.  I mean we're not talking tiny bugs here, we're talking hard crashes, horrible audio clipping, and a huge memory leak.  This is amatuerish at best.  I've tested for up and coming developers and those developers have put out beta software that's more stable than this.  

This is a result of rushing a product in order to pull in profit as quickly as possible.  If they cared more about quality rather than profit, these expansions wouldn't be as buggy.  This is the same bullsh*t that caused pets in the US to be poisoned and toys to be coated in led. Every one is thinking about money rather than quality so we get crap from China that's put together as cheaply as possible to make more profit and we get games that are half assed in order to pull in revenue during the right quarter and we get bands releasing total filler because the bigger labels care about producing hit singles than hit albums.

It's a shame to...

So I say.. rant.. rage... let em know how you feel.  Don't be passive and just say "I expect this".. you shouldn't expect inferior products.. ever.  You pay your hard earned money on these things.. expect them to put hard time into creating something that works.. and if they drop the ball.. hit em hard.

Just my two bits.. Smiley

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2007, 09:48:02 am »

I agree 100% with what you're saying about profits versus quality.  Whether a software development team "knows there sh*t" or not, it's the push for time to market to make that dollar that governs quality.  

In the 14 years I spent in software development, I'd only met one programmer who was more interested in speed of development no matter than how buggy his code was, rather than doing it right.  He didn't last long.  Every other programmer, tester, and designer would fight tooth and nails to get an extra day or two to eliminate another bug or two.
Dizi

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2007, 09:50:55 am »

I have to say some people are being very harsh. I don't think I post very often but there's a thread for people who have no problems, and guess what? I posted there. Which means I had no problems with my game. The fact that there is a thread for having no problems is an indication that for many there are no problems to be had. Just do what you're always warned to do and take out all mods and hacks. AND QUIT WHINING ABOUT IT!!!
~dizi

Thanks to everybody who submits their work, you've made my game so wonderful sometimes I can't STAND it!
My X-Men fanfiction can be found here and pics of my X-Men and other sims here (everythings under 'scraps')
Deviancy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2007, 10:43:00 am »

The thread where people are posting without any problems pales in comparison to the threads not only here but on gamespot, ign, the official sims site, gamershell, and countless others.

There are countless different configurations a pc can have as far as hardware and software goes.  Now a developer can't test on every possible configuration, so you'll get a few with problems.  I mean Honda Civics are great cars, great reliability but every so often a bum one will make it out onto the lot.  It's human to error every now and again.

However, Bon Voyage is more like a Chrysler than a Honda.  

When people pay money for a product that doesn't work, they have every right to "whine", "pitch a bitch", "vent", what have you.  It isn't like Maxis is giving this stuff out for free.

Consumers should come first, unless they buy stuff at the dollar store.  Then you kind of deserve what you get heh.

If a company can't realize that.. they don't deserve to be in business..  Now I'm not saying Maxis is corrupt, there are far worse out there.  I'm just saying that by going by the threads on these sims boards over the years, their expansion packs aren't fully tested prior to the street date.  And sure, some issues are more of a problem between the keyboard and desk.. But only in regards to those who haven't taken out insim or inteen.

A consumers rights are important, they're the ones who keep things going.  The record industry is learning this the hard way.. the pc game industry is starting to take a hit to.  This is why most people stick with consoles rather than the pc in regards to games.  People want the shit to work out of the box, and it should.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 10:48:00 am by Deviancy » Logged

scerebe

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2007, 07:08:26 pm »

I'm sorry I made a comment in reguard to how I felt about waiting to get BV. I didn't know it was a crime. And as far as the release of EP's and there problems, BV seems to be the worst. I have bought everey game the first day it came out reguardless of problems. This time I have decided to wait- I like having the hacks and perfer to play with them in there. So, shoot me!
Buffy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2007, 07:21:48 pm »

Quote from: Deviancy;935688
The thread where people are posting without any problems pales in comparison to the threads not only here but on gamespot, ign, the official sims site, gamershell, and countless others.

that would be due to the fact that people are always much quicker to bitch and moan about problems and bad quality then they are to give compliments and praise. its just human nature.
so of course the threads for complaints and problems is always going to be bigger than the thread for praise and for those who are not having issues with BV.
I havent had any problems, and Im really enjoying playing without all my beloved hacks and mods. I do have sympathy for those who are having issues though.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 07:26:44 pm by Buffy » Logged

Crimson_rose

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2007, 07:23:54 pm »

I really haven't had any trouble out of BV! The only problem I've come across is where it looks like the water is flooding some of the lots. but by some of the other users at the Simsa2.ea boards thats been going on.

I can feel you all around me
Thickening the air I'm breathing
Holding on to what I'm feeling
Savoring this heart that's healing

All Around Me ~Flyleaf
AjaAja

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2007, 08:03:31 pm »

I haven't installed or played Bon Voyage yet, but I sure did buy it (thanks to knightguy82, my hero!); it was just such a deal that I couldn't wait to get it. I mean it wouldn't be that much even like a year later.
Anyway, like I said, I haven't installed it, and I've been reading through threads, and there seems to be some sort of issue, so I guess I'll just wait to install it.
Oh, and about people complaining about it; well, people who have a complaint are usually far more vocal than those who don't have a complaint; and also, do those corporate people even read these forums? I honestly don't think they do, but I do think it would be nice if they did... we've given a lot of feedback at this sight regarding the game.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 08:05:45 pm by AjaAja » Logged

If my avatar is a girl, it's most likely me
CBC (Come Back Campaign)! One post can make a difference. Join here!
Best contest ever, Beauty of the Decades. Join here!
Have my self-sim for yourself Wink. Get me  here!
Deviancy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2007, 08:09:01 pm »

Quote from: Buffy;936472
that would be due to the fact that people are always much quicker to bitch and moan about problems and bad quality then they are to give compliments and praise. .

Ain't that the truth..

But this board generally has a pretty good balance of both.  And even when it doesn't, I usually see all sorts of random bugs.  This is the first time I can remember one of the expansions causing things to bog down this much.  Now sure, some have 20 gigs of custom content, so they're really bogged down.  

I still don't know how one can do 20 gigs.. I mean dayum..

Of course there will be those who run this expansion fine.  I mean first off there's Vista and XP to contend with.  So Maxis can't just worry about testing things properly on XP, they have to also test things on Vista.  Then there's a buttload of new graphic cards out now.  And there's AGP and PCI Express, which shouldn't be that much different but PCI Express does help with the speed.  So I realize there's a lot of shit a developer has to test things on.  But every expansion pack they've released has had a patch released for it judging by the update window I'm looking at right now..

I mean an expansion just works off the base game.. It's not like they're having to build a whole new graphic engine each time they release an expansion pack.  I dunno.. just seems a bit shoddy..

Nothing to get an ulcer about.. but these kids here aren't bitching for the thrills.. they're doing so to get help.

Raf

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2007, 08:25:29 pm »

Maybe I should wait until the patch of BV to be sure...

I want to be as evil as him :devill:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: