Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 08:18:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Yet again another problem -.-  (Read 3196 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
dobydog

View Profile
« on: September 15, 2007, 12:03:46 pm »

Every time I go into a community lot my game speed goes up onto level 3. I try to click for it to slow down, but it keeps going back to level 3. Is this a hack problem? Or a really messed up game problem?

'No telephone calls today, all my friends gone away. When you're out of fashion it's a lonely price to pay.'
Oh Funny Man, Sex Gang Children
dobydog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2007, 06:24:51 pm »

My problem has occurred again..
The rules said I could bump after 74 hrs, correct? I hope this isn't breaking the rules..
Anyways, this bug is making community lots almost unplayable. Please help.. Sad
« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 08:03:14 pm by dobydog » Logged

'No telephone calls today, all my friends gone away. When you're out of fashion it's a lonely price to pay.'
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2007, 10:09:44 pm »

It's a bug.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2007, 12:35:27 am »

dobydog - it is, as ancienthighway mentions, a bug; depending on which expansion packs you have installed a patch may be available that might solve this.  If you have installed and subsequently un-installed Bon Voyage, then you may find yourself in the predicament of needing to un-install the whole thing and re-install to resolve this issue.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
dobydog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2007, 11:27:55 am »

I haven't installed Bon Voyage. Which patch do I need to solve the problem?

edit: I have all of the EPs up to Pets.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 12:06:35 pm by dobydog » Logged

BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2007, 03:02:50 pm »

then most likely the latest Pets EP CD/DVD patch from EA: http://thesims2.ea.com/update

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
dobydog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2007, 06:10:57 pm »

Thank you SO much! Hopefully this will all go away soon.

Question: Sims wiki said that I had to install all of the patches for the Pets pack to work (because I have all EPs up to Pets). Is that correct or did I just bust up my game? Or did I not install them yet? I double clicked the file and it said Run program, and then it said my game was updated after a loading screen came on. I hope I didn't do anything wrong.

BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2007, 06:32:05 pm »

generally speaking, it is preferable to apply the patches for each EP and SP from the web site during the installation process, rather than rely on the buggy patch on the CD/DVD for older versions of the game.  If you have the game already installed with EPs, the usual approach is to just install the latest patch from the web site since these tend to be cumulative patches that patch all EPs and SPs that you have installed.  Otherwise it is un-install and re-install to follow the "perfect" order.

dobydog

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2007, 06:35:18 pm »

Oh...
Um, I just screwed up my game apparently.. I tried to install every single one with all of my EPs in the game. How do I fix it..?
Also: I tried to go to a community lot and it's still doing the same thing.

BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2007, 06:39:37 pm »

*blurg* looks like you are headed towards un-installing and re-installing, Doby.

Of note that may be helpful, I did find reports that some mods that are incompatible may cause this bug.  back up your downloads and savedsims folders, then un-install and re-install the game (with the patches between each addition), then try adding back the Downloads a 100 or so at a time until you have isolated the item that is causing the conflict or proven it isn't a Download.

dobydog

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2007, 03:43:27 pm »

That sounds fun! Smiley

Thanks for helping, lol.

P.S: So it's just the hacks that are causing it? If I re-install everything after backing up my folders then would it be ok just to take out the hack files? I have most of the RAR files in another file, which might not take as long as taking them all out one at a time and adding 100 files every so often. Here are all of the hacks I'm sure I have:
Funeralbits
a thing from MTS2 that allows me to delete memories of sims in game and 100 percent relationships,

Nowelfare,
Lotfullofsims
NoSchool
Smonaff_Vampireswalknormal.package
biteneck.package- What is this file? Um, I forgot what hack this is, lol..
No smuggled toys which goes with the Prison stuff
Prison thingy called Noescape.package
phoneplugin.package- Um, this has something to do with funerals I think?
Familyghost_v2 from MTS2 or Insimenator,
ACR stuffs,
Nocensorblur hack,
The famous Prison hacks and school hacks, can’t even count how many.. 0_0
Insimenator Pets,
Inteenimater Pets,
I think I have about half of the Inteenimater extra pack files in there too.
Zombieapoc and the fighting hack that I forget the name of.
Lots of vampire hacks. I think I have: as clear override, vampire sunscreen which is perfume stuff from NL, and the one where vampires are forced to stay inside their coffins until you let them out.I know, WAY too many hacks, right?
Do any of these kill each other? Are any not ok with any EPs up to Pets? (Besides OFB, I installed that after the bug occurred)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 04:20:56 pm by dobydog » Logged

BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2007, 04:52:06 pm »

mods MAY cause the issue - not WILL cause the isse.

I would definitely ditch the prison and school mod unless they are specifically for OFB - door locks and controls changed radically in OFB

But any of the others might be causing the conflict of time passage - disable them in Sims2Pack CLean Installer and give it a try

Another thing is that InTEENs parts all have to load in a precise order, if any one of them is out of synch, it will cause some degree of problems.  You will need to check on the InTEEN site for more information on how to make certain they load in the right order.

Some times another mod needs to load AFTER InTEENs stuff, also check for information of changing the order at InTEEN's site
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 04:54:16 pm by ~Marvine~ » Logged

dobydog

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2007, 05:08:19 pm »

Oh my gosh! It's working! Sorry for over-using the exclaimation marks, but my game is working! I deleted all of the school stuff and went to a community lot. The game speed is 100% normal.
Thank you so much for answering all of my questions and helping me figure out what was wrong, Beos. You very well could have just saved my computer from being thrown against the wall. Smiley
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 06:09:33 pm by dobydog » Logged

BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2007, 07:02:36 pm »

Woot!  Glad it is solved!  And even more glad to have prevented an act of violence against a computer... although I did drag one into the backgarden one time and fill it full of duck-shot, the joys of working in LINUX >_<

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: