Insimenator.org
April 24, 2024, 04:56:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 55
  Print  
Author Topic: Between the Light and the Darknes ~~~Chapter 34 - The End~~~  (Read 221421 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2007, 11:34:33 am »

Well, thank you so much, Squirt!  I feed off the compliments, lol.  I'm still kind of feeling my way around this new territory (storytelling with sims) and sometimes get a double pic or realize I don't have as many pics as I would like.  Add to that my gross disorganization and three kids pulling on my sleeve everytime I turn around, and sometimes I wonder if what I've done even makes any sense, lol.  I hope to get better at it.  Fantasy/romance/horror is my passion.  Sheldyn, my entry for BB&B, will be a story I do sometime, as well.  I'd created her several times, just for fun, but didn't really 'feel it' until I made her for the BB&B.  Now I feel compelled to tell her story.  But I'll finish Tim's adventures, first.

Thanks again!

Visit me on my blog - Astral Faery's Magical Tales
-For some awesome reading try SimTales:  http://simtalesblog.blogspot.com/
-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2007, 12:13:16 pm »

Look forward to it Smiley You did well with BB&B... and she's hot too! Cheesy

No requests please
simfreakkristen

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2007, 02:26:50 pm »

I'm now wondering if BONES caused this whole thing!

:welcome: She's here! Iris Delilah Jones. (I know it's kind of stupid to name a baby partly after a Sim story, but I love Banished!!)
simfreakkristen

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2007, 02:33:22 pm »

Splinter in the butt. XD So... effing... funny! (lol)

:welcome: She's here! Iris Delilah Jones. (I know it's kind of stupid to name a baby partly after a Sim story, but I love Banished!!)
wawayaya

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2007, 03:09:34 am »

I just discovered your story.  This is really quite good.  I can't wait for your next update.
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2007, 11:14:15 am »

Wow!  Thank you guys so very much!  Thanks, Sadie, for your compliments on both my entry for BB&B and Sheldyn.  I'm having fun with the contests and I'm pleased with the way Sheldyn turned out.  Thank you simfreakkristen and wawayaya for taking the time to read and comment on my story.  You all have made my day!  I feel like doing another update.  It's not terribly long, but the point where I end it makes a fairly good cliffhanger.  I hope you enjoy this section.

Well, I had a big ol' brain fart!  I didn't realize I already had a Part 3 before I named my last part 3, also.  I've renamed them correctly.  I'll get the hang of this, I promise!

Chapter 5

Despite all the questions now running rampant through Tim's brain, the only somewhat logical thing he could think to say was, "Does that ring enable you to speak and understand any language?"

"Yes. Any language it's exposed to. I can't understand or speak a new language until the ring hears it first."

"Okay, now I'm really confused."

"Well, like when I first met you. I couldn't communicate with you and you couldn't understand me when I spoke to you. But after you finally spoke, the ring was able to pick up the new language and translate it to me. And now we're able to communicate."

"How come they haven't taken it away from you?"

She shrugged. "The people of this world have no interest in silver, only gold and platinum. As for the ring being magic, they either don't know or don't care. Often I work as a translator for the guards."

"Where did you get your ring?"

"It was a gift from our father."

"Our," Tim asked.

"What?"

"You said it was a gift from 'our' father."

She chuckled nervously. "I'm afraid you are mistaken. I said my father. It was a gift from my father." She said it as if she were trying to convince herself as well as him.

"He gave it to me for our--I mean my birthday."

There. She said it again. He distinctly heard it this time. He had almost believed her when she said he was mistaken about what he had heard the first time, thinking maybe he was still dizzy from his fight with Aark. But this time there was no mistaking what he had heard. She was hiding something. He decided to ask her more details about her past.

"Do you have any siblings?"

She paused a moment before answering. "No. I'm an only child."

"Me, too. It can be pretty lonely growing up without any brothers or sisters, can't it?"

"Yes," she said almost inaudibly. She absently picked loose threads off her dress. Something was definitely going on here. He had stirred up painful memories and regretted it.

"Are you okay? I'm sorry if I..."

"I'm just fine," she answered, but when she looked up at him her eyes were moist with unshed tears.

"Look, Ileeya..."

"We better get some sleep. It's getting late."

He decided to let the matter drop for now. For the first time since coming to this strange world he remembered he had a watch on his wrist. He pulled up his shirt sleeve and was surprised to see that it read nearly 1:30 in the morning. It had only been 6 p.m. when he took his dog out for a walk, just before he 'arrived' here.

Tim crawled into bed wearily, his muscles already beginning to stiffen. He lied in there, staring at the wall thinking of Gertie and Bones. What would they do when he didn't return? A wave of despair washed over him. He didn't want to be here. He wanted to go home.

In the royal conference room, the king sat in a meeting with a few members of his court.

"What is your report?" the king asked his high priest.

"My liege, I have carefully reviewed the old prophecies, and this, Tim, matches the description exactly."

"Then it is our duty to prepare him. Have one of our best train him well. Ileeya or Jondak should prove sufficient."

"But sire, if he dies in the Grand Tournament, he cannot fulfill his destiny."

"If he dies in the Grand Tournament," the king replied stoically, "then he is not the one."
« Last Edit: November 04, 2007, 10:55:02 am by Astral Faery » Logged

-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
vickylougrl

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2007, 11:58:36 am »

whoa!  Poor Tim what has he gotten himself into?

Coptic Text
Now, when you come under their power, one of them who is the overseer will say to you: "Who are you, and where are you from?"

You are then to say to him, "I am a child of humanity and I am from the Source."
discowhipped

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2007, 10:03:35 pm »

Ooh and that mysterious 'our' father thing! Are they secretly siblings? because that would suck for Tim... since he knid of likes her and all. But maybe they're not... hmm.

"It's not everyday that you discover you're trapped in a pixel world."
Suddenly Simmerised - Read it!
Previously known as: Squirt
LadyAzmodan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2007, 06:29:38 am »

super! i got into reading this a little late.. but better late than never

Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2007, 01:19:27 pm »

Thanks Vicky and Squirt!  I'm glad you are enjoying it.  I'll try to do another update sometime next week.  I've got contests going on this week, sick kids, a birthday party for my middle kid, and parent/teacher conferences next week!  Ugh!  But I'll try to work on this mid-late next week.

Welcome, LadyA.  I'm thrilled to have a new reader, and more importantly, a new reader who is enjoying the story!

YHsims2003

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2007, 01:59:55 pm »

oh wow, this story is amazing! Such great suspense and I just want to know MORE! Great story, LOVE the pictures too! keep 'em coming!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 02:02:40 pm by YHsims2003 » Logged

:snorting: My Spiffy Thread
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2007, 10:13:20 am »

YH, you just made my day!  You don't know how thrilled I am to have something out there that people like.  And thanks for your compliments on my pictures.  I don't know my way around photoshop much, so I try to do as much in game as possible.  I really try to take interesting photos, but it's still a learning process.

Shaddeh

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2007, 11:14:04 am »

*reads everything*

Well, now I know what I'm gonna be doing next week. Cheesy Great story, can't wait to see the update. Have fun with the birthday party!
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2007, 10:27:28 am »

Well thank you!  I really enjoy the compliments!

Lola136

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2007, 04:23:35 pm »

realy grate story im addicted now:)

Look At My Sims HERE
Psst! join a RolePlay[/B]
I just want to wrap you all up in cotton wool and roll you down a hill :smt120
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 55
  Print  

Jump to: