Insimenator.org
April 23, 2024, 02:19:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 55
  Print  
Author Topic: Between the Light and the Darknes ~~~Chapter 34 - The End~~~  (Read 221200 times)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic.
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: May 30, 2008, 01:58:42 am »

@Ari: Wouldn't you know it? Finally decided to reinstall Windows again (given how much else that needs to get reinstalled with it, that's no light task!) since other things were wonky (like its refusing to install updates, not only for the OS but also AVG), and now it works! Don't know what I managed to install that made it go funny (SecuROM maybe? angry), but a clean reinstall fixed everything. Now happily running Vista Service Pack 1, which refused to install before. Updated the mature version of Xenophobia just now, on Vista, which I couldn't do before... hmmmm...

Oh well, at least it's working now.

No requests please
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #421 on: May 30, 2008, 08:09:39 am »

Lady - doesn't that just figure?  She naps at daycare and not at home.  I used to get so mad on those days I had to run errands for several hours and my hubby was watching the little guy - he'd always be asleep when I got home!  He would rarely take a nap for me.  Actually, they'd both be sacked out!  And yes, I think that's it.  I just don't have the patience for tv.  The kids have it on a lot, and hubby grabs the remote as soon as he gets home.  And I'm just sitting here gritting my teeth from noise overload.  Good luck finding the words for your story.  I read your update - I need to run over to your thread in a few and leave comments for you.  Smiley

Sadie - Most decidedly odd.  What a pain in the arse, but it's good that it's working, now.  I have a question about your more mature version of your story - are there a lot of differences than the one posted here?  And does it kind of span the whole story, or just a few chapters?  If so, I should probably find time to read it again there.  Maybe I'll start reading it there from now on.

I'm so stinking tired today.  I'm literally dragging myself all over the house.  I don't think I'm going to shoot for BLD today after all.  Or wash dishes.  Or vacuum.  Heck, the way I'm feeling right now, maybe I won't even make dinner tonight.  Perhaps I'll open up photoshop when my second cup of coffee starts working and have a look see.  I'll probably make good on that date of mid next week for this chapter to be posted.  This one will most likelyhave another, Rated R, version, so I need to try to get my blog caught up more to where I'm at here so people who can read it there won't have a long lag time.  I say 'most likely', because it all depends on how much energy/time I have for it.

Visit me on my blog - Astral Faery's Magical Tales
-For some awesome reading try SimTales:  http://simtalesblog.blogspot.com/
-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
hanster

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: May 30, 2008, 08:23:20 am »

ive just read the story all the way through so far... its awesome
*drags in sleeping bag and pillow* room for one more..?
:happy8:
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #423 on: May 30, 2008, 10:43:22 am »

You betcha, hanster!  Always room for more - welcome!  Thanks for your comments, I'm glad you're enjoying it so far!

-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: May 30, 2008, 02:12:54 pm »

@Ari: Well, I've re-written a few early bits, but mainly the difference for now is in the uncensored language, more realistic (and vulgar - meaning Ripp doesn't hold back!) dialogue in one or two places, that kinda thing. There will be more marked differences as it goes on (and things get more raunchy), so I'd say it'd be worth checking out. In fact it'd be great if you did, no one's left any comments yet (if they've even been reading), so it'd be nice to see it's worth it to keep updating.

If it was only one or two chapters I wouldn't bother keeping a different version Wink And if it's the same with yours I might be better to follow your blog too Wink

No requests please
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #425 on: May 30, 2008, 02:50:04 pm »

I think Leah from SimTales read it - I'm not sure.  I know she was discussing it on the forum and saying how much she liked it, but I'm honestly not sure which version she read.  I will try to get to it sometime, I'm pretty far behind on my reading already, and today I'm proving to be useless, lol.  After my third cup of coffee I'm still not awake, and I'm just sitting here downloading stuff I don't need.  You'd think I'd be happy with 10,000 downloads, but I guess I'm just an addict.  I'm such a sucker for pretty hair, lol.

Mine story so far is copied from here.  I just don't have the time/energy to put into making a separate version.  This next chapter might have one, but that might turn out to be the only one, so you can follow the story wherever you like.  I've only got my blog up to chapter 13 at the moment.

Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: May 30, 2008, 06:52:24 pm »

Leah read the blog version Wink Whether she's still keeping tabs on it or not I don't know, but she said she was gonna "drive some more traffic" to it before deciding whether or not I could join :angel: So yeah, I still have to be careful in describing raunchy scenes, but not as much as I have to be here.

No requests please
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #427 on: May 30, 2008, 07:59:06 pm »

Before you could join?  I thought you hadn't joined yet because you changed your mind.  She asked us all a couple of months ago to check out your story, and I gave you my thumbs up. Wink  Sam has read the Insim version (but he's really bad at leaving comments, lol) and a few others gave the go ahead.  Leah said she was just waiting to hear from you.  So, are you still interested, then?  I don't spend much time on the forum, but I try to read everyone's updates in a timely manner.  The forum has become invitation only, unfortunately, because of some issues we've had, but you might want to shoot Leah an e-mail if you still want to join. Smiley

Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #428 on: May 30, 2008, 08:34:43 pm »

Oh! Well, she said she'd drive some traffic to my site "before she could make a decision", I said okay and thanks as the more feedback I get the better, and... that was it. I didn't know she was waiting on anything else :dontknow: Unless I missed something, I seem to be pretty good at doing that.. :? Yeah, I am still interested, I'll drop her a line, thanks Smiley (Although I've had some weird issues with email sometimes, so let's just hope she gets the damn thing :?)

ETA: Just found out what put me through all that pallava last time, with the updates and wonky net connection - our friend SecuROM doesn't like Vista! :doh: :roll: The really stupid thing was, I'd wiped it from my system after getting the no-cd crack and it didn't ease the problems - either it hadn't completely gone or the damage had already been done. Needless to say I'm not impressed angry

I'll stop hijacking your thread now :angel:
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 03:39:36 pm by Sadie79 » Logged

No requests please
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #429 on: June 03, 2008, 10:37:23 am »

LOL - not a problem, Sadie.  I'm sorry for the crap you've been going through computer-wise.  I'd read that SuckuROM is dreadfully difficult to get rid of.  What are you running now?

Folks, I know I said I'd try to have an update midweek.  Not gonna happen - sorry.  RL is kicking my butt this week - so much to do.  I'll be running back and forth to my kids' school nearly everyday this week with end of the year field trips and award ceremonies), I started my Summer of Insanity babysitting (two boys, 7 and 8, with ADHD), my little guy's birthday is today (he's 5!), and we've had a lot of thunderstorms coming through our area (so all computers get turned off, even though they have a surge supressor).  All the older boys are at school for the rest of the week, but I'm still sitting before and after school, and haven't been able to get anything done.  The chapter is probably 2/3 shot, with some photoshopping to do, and the only days I can squeeze in a little time to work on it is Wed and Thurs morning - but I still have errands to run on those days, too.  I will try to get it finished so I can have it up by the weekend, because next week the kids are out of school and the ones I babysit will be here 50 hours/week!  I'll have little time to do anything on the computer, so updates will be slow throughout the summer.  Sigh.  Sorry, guys.  I've said it before and I'll say it again - sometimes real life just sucks.  Sucks it hard.

Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #430 on: June 03, 2008, 10:43:59 am »

Aw, I do sympathise Sad Wow, sounds like you have your hands full!

What am I running now? FT patched with the version that's no longer on the official site, plus the newly patched no CD crack. Works like a charm, as does the rest of my machine now that piece of crap hasn't had a chance to install itself. Back on Aero too, I was using Basic last time with all that going on - I have missed it Cheesy

Good luck for the summer, sounds like you need it!

No requests please
steelguy

View Profile
« Reply #431 on: June 04, 2008, 01:55:25 am »

Pfff! Don't need to tell us about real life sucking - why do you think we all play the Sims? Escapsim, pure and simple. Or is that just me? Smiley

Good luck herding the munchkins, anyway. Sounds like you could use some magical powers of your own right now.

*sends magic cookies*
ImpishParody
Eighties Escapee

View Profile
« Reply #432 on: June 05, 2008, 02:07:24 pm »

Hi Astral, I'm back from the dead Cheesy
Sorry I haven't been commenting on your story, exams and such like getting in the way, it sounds like you're experiencing a hectic RL right now too, good luck with that Wink
But anyway, I love, love LOVE where this is going! Illeya has powers (hooray) and romance is in the air, but what is Shirra plotting?! Can't wait to find out, Impi :-P
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #433 on: June 05, 2008, 02:59:57 pm »

Well, guys.  Good news.  All the pictures have been taken.  Well, all the ones I'm going to take.  This chapter was very difficult to shoot because of the many different body positions, three different sets, lots of extras and costuming, and some photoshopping.  It could use a pic or two more, but I'm going to leave it be so can get it posted before the weekend is over.  I'll have all the kids full time starting Monday - so it's important to me to get it done before then.  It may even be completed by tomorrow afternoon (about 24 hours from now), but I'm not making any promises.

Sadie - ugh.  Their dad called me last night saying that his boss just told him they would be starting their summer hours soon.  So he we will have to work an hour extra each night - which means they'll be here 55 hours a week (11 hours a day).  I'm shuddering in fright as I'm typing!

steelguy - no, it's not just you.  My computer is my escape from reality, be it sims or writing or whatever.  But I'm glad you understand.  Smiley  And those magic cookies should help a lot!  I hope they're chocolate.  Ah, what do I care - if they're cookies, any kind is good (except those with raisins or pecans!)

Impish - Hey - glad to see you back!  I'm so thrilled you're liking things so far - and the next one is going to be a doozy of a chapter.  I hope it knocks everyone's socks off.  And I see you started a story.  Awesome!  I'll run right over there and check it out.

steelguy

View Profile
« Reply #434 on: June 06, 2008, 03:01:51 am »

Tsk! Magic cookies are always chocolate. Didn't you know? Smiley

And if you have a spare moment, (lol) I've finally had the courage to add a link to my own small writing project in my signature. It's not the sims, but you might like it.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 55
  Print  

Jump to: