Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 10:14:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 55
  Print  
Author Topic: Between the Light and the Darknes ~~~Chapter 34 - The End~~~  (Read 218436 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #690 on: November 18, 2008, 10:20:37 am »

Sorry - my post went through twice.  I deleted the second one. Smiley
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 10:23:07 am by Astral Faery » Logged

Visit me on my blog - Astral Faery's Magical Tales
-For some awesome reading try SimTales:  http://simtalesblog.blogspot.com/
-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
Medagic

View Profile
« Reply #691 on: November 18, 2008, 05:41:01 pm »

Wow.  Cheesy  Keep it coming that was amazing!!!  I just read the last two chapters and just... wow!  lol
And I admit, I always sort of had a soft spot for Shirra.  Much more than I ever did Ileeya.  Buts that's the kind of person I am.  Gotta love the 'bad guy' Smiley

Link: The tights-wearing, puzzle-solving wonder!
"You know, you'd think that after seven dungeons you'd have figured out how to open a door without breaking the key." -Nami (Awkwardzombie.com)
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #692 on: November 19, 2008, 11:01:04 am »

Thanks, Medagic!  I'm so happy you enjoyed it!

-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
vickylougrl

View Profile
« Reply #693 on: December 10, 2008, 02:30:25 pm »

wanders in after many moons...Great update Astral I always have to find my way back here for your wonderful updates!

Coptic Text
Now, when you come under their power, one of them who is the overseer will say to you: "Who are you, and where are you from?"

You are then to say to him, "I am a child of humanity and I am from the Source."
Glamily
A Tad Bit Glittery

I used to be as mad as a hatter

View Profile
« Reply #694 on: December 10, 2008, 06:21:37 pm »

I do love this story! Heh.. its awesome! Grin

No more hiding
Don't be afraid of what's inside
Anytime anybody pulls you down
Anytime anybody says you're not allowed
Just remember you are not alone
Starwish001

View Profile
« Reply #695 on: December 11, 2008, 08:33:22 am »

Oh, I feel sory for Shirra, not without reason is she becamed bad...

Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #696 on: December 13, 2008, 11:22:40 am »

Hi, guys!  Sorry I haven't been around much lately.  RL issues giving me a hearty butt kicking lately.

Thank you for all the responses, I really appreciate it.  And sorry it's taking me so long to get my updates done.  I'm having some graphical problem in my game - even with all my graphics cranked up to the max, my sims will suddenly 'lose' detail and appear blurry.  Not sure how to handle that, so it may be a bit before I finally have an update of either this or Warriors.  I have a couple of chapters of Avalon shot, though, and plan to go post a chapter right now. Smiley

Thanks for all of your support and patience - I really appreciate it!

Sugah Sim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #697 on: December 14, 2008, 08:39:54 pm »

Ari, as always, you have done an amazing job telling this enthralling tale.

I absolutely love your awesome screenshots. The scenes you have set up help tell the story so beautifully.

Samael is one of the most gorgeous bad boys I've ever seen ... and you already know how enamoured I am with Malir. Sigh. He's one of my all time fave male Sims.
(Simply scrumptious to the umpteenth power, m'dear.)

I am so excited to learn what will happen next and SO look forward to chapter 31.

Keep up the fabulous work. You are a true talent. I continue to admire your ability to set the stage and captivate an audience.

Sugah's Place
We are one of the few remaining Sims 2 sites!
... Specializing in gorgeous Sim models, CC & Maxis recolors, custom walls, prime real estate, original challenges, fun forum games and so much more in a friendly, comfortable atmosphere ...
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #698 on: December 16, 2008, 11:19:00 am »

Aw, thanks for all the wonderful comments, Sugah.  Yes, Samael is quite the looker, eh?  I got him from Zayury - I think I told you that a long time ago - he was her 'Grumpy' from her Snow White story.  I took one look at him and loved his facial structure.  He had such an awesome evil look that I knew I had to use him for something.  And here he is.

Ah yes, Malir.  Yum.  Need I say more, lol?

discowhipped

View Profile
« Reply #699 on: December 18, 2008, 11:30:48 pm »

Hey Astral! Glad to hear you're still around. I had that same problem with my graphics a while ago, I think I may have fixed it by cranking up the paging file size, maybe. My graphics card was really crap, though. Like 168MB or something. 

"It's not everyday that you discover you're trapped in a pixel world."
Suddenly Simmerised - Read it!
Previously known as: Squirt
steelguy

View Profile
« Reply #700 on: December 21, 2008, 01:49:20 pm »

Hey, I'm just glad you're all still around. When Insim when down, my first thought was "Nuuuu! Now I'll never find out what happens to Tim and Ileeya!"

Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #701 on: December 22, 2008, 11:34:29 am »

Thanks, Disco.  We're going to try that and see if it works.  Won't be for a couple of weeks, though, after the kids all go back to school.

steelguy - Aww, that really makes my day, thank you!

Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #702 on: January 17, 2009, 01:17:53 pm »

OMG it's an update!!  Unbelievable, eh?  All the shots where someone is pinned to the wall are a giant pain in the patootey.  Each time there is a different body position or expression, the scene has to be set up anew.  As a consequence, Ileeya's position against the bookshelf shifts from one pic to another.  Sorry about that!

We're getting toward the end here, and this story will have a total of 34 chapters.

Please read with CAUTION, as this chapter contains blood and violence (well, duh, it's almost the end.  Someone has to die, right?)  I hope you all enjoy it!!
Chapter 31

Jondak grinned widely as he picked up his weapons.  Tim wondered why Shirra didn't just outright kill him, rather than have Jondak fight him. 

But she stood there, watching serenely, and Tim understood.  She wanted him to suffer, but by Jondak's hand so she could witness it.  She wanted entertainment, or perhaps it was a reward for all of Jondak's hard work.

Whatever the reason, Tim didn't have much time to dwell on it, because Jondak closed the distance quickly, both weapons raised high above his head.  His face was pulled back in a bloodthirsty grimace, as he struck out at Tim.

~*~*~*~*

Ileeya struggled with the invisible bonds, but she was held fast.  She had a glimpse inside her sister's head.  She was looking through Shirra's memories as she talked, trying to find a weakness she could take advantage of.  She had been unprepared for her sister's sudden movement, and consequently, was now stuck.

She tried to concentrate on freeing herself, but an abrupt cry from Tim brought her back to reality.  Instead, she decided to do what she could to help him through this battle, because, truth be told, Jondak was a superior fighter.  Tim was in danger.

~*~*~*~*

Remember your lessons, Tim.  Suddenly hearing Ileeya's voice inside his head almost made him falter, but he managed to keep his pace.  Never strike out of haste.  Watch your opponent carefully.  Never take your eyes off your him, not even for a second.  Look for the right time.  And above all else, think!

Jondak was a whirlwind of motion.  His arms were pinwheeling so fast, delivering blow upon blow, Tim wasn't sure how he could study him.  He realized that even by now, barely three minutes into the battle, he should have been dead.  Jondak had already hit him more than a dozen times.  But Tim had suffered barely more than a scratch.

Then he noticed the macabre glint in Jondak's eyes.  Jondak was only hitting with the flats of his blades, rather than the points.  He was toying with him.  Like a cat tortures a mouse before finally ending its suffering and killing it.  Was he doing this for intimidation?  Or just sick pleasure?  Whatever the reason, Tim tried to brace himself for when the real attacks came. 

Tim managed to score a hit on Jondak's left arm.  A fairly good one, right above the elbow.  It slowed Jondak's attacks with that arm and gave Tim a little more time to watch and defend himself.  But not much, because the blow also took the twisted smile off Jondak's face and replaced it with one of hatred.

Jondak yelled, and brought his right blade in a full sweep across Tim's face.  He immediately struck again with his left, turned full circle and struck with his right again before Tim even had a chance to react.  Jondak's precision aim was alarming, he had struck all three blows on Tim's right cheek.  He felt his skin rip painfully as the blades tore through it, and the gashes immediately started bleeding.  Tim forced himself to stand his ground and not give in to the pain, because Jondak would surely take advantage of the opening.

And then suddenly, he felt a swirling coolness covering his brain.  He felt relaxed and comforted, and knew without looking at her, that Ileeya had caused it.  The coolness traveled down his neck and into his shoulders, and slowly made its way down his arms.

Now his arms felt relaxed but alert, full of power, speed, and confidence.  He struck quickly at Jondak, catching him off guard, and raking his sword across Jondak's chest.  The Irnaxxian glared at him.  Brace yourself, Tim, the worst is yet to come.

Jondak sliced with his right hand, turned his body full circle, and stabbed with his injured left.  The stab was weak, and Tim dodged it, but the slice caught him in the stomach.  He grunted from the pain, but forced himself to remain alert.

The tempo of the fight increased.  The force of Jondak's blows pushed Tim backward.  The blows were mostly blocked by Tim's sword, but they were agressive, and Tim had difficulty planting his feet against them.  Jondak was striking to kill now.

In his mind's eye, Tim saw himself and Ileeya lying in a meadow full of flowers.  He was happy, because he knew there was no danger, just the two of them, free to show their love for each other with nothing standing in their way.  No prison, no tournaments, no Jondak or Shirra.  He gazed into her beautiful eyes, so full of passion and devotion...

The image calmed him even more, and he felt his sword arm strike almost of its own accord.  Jondak grunted, and Tim suddenly realized that he could do this.  This was not an impossible task.  He had to do this.  He put all of his fears of Jondak aside and concentrated on the image.  He could have that.  He must have that.  You need to protect her. 

Then Tim saw another image.  It was the image of Jondak pushing Ileeya up against the wall with a knife to her throat.  She was afraid, pleading.  Jondak smiled cruelly at her.  Tim could even hear the fabric of her dress tearing as Jondak forced himself on her.

But the image did not frighten him.  It angered him, greatly.  He struck out at Jondak, struck out for blood.  He attacked just as aggressively as the Irnaxxian had at him.

The sudden shift in Tim's demeanor surprised Jondak, and he stumbled backward slightly at the force of the blow.  Clearly he hadn't expected that Tim was capable of such ferocity. 

Tim hit again, and again, channeling all the anger and hatred he had suffered in the past several months at Jondak.  He had shifted from defender to aggresor, and came upon Jondak with a renewed sense of self preservation, but one that stemmed from anger rather than fear.

Jondak recovered quickly, though, and anticipated Tim's attacks, changing his strategy as well.  Now he used his short swords to both block and attack.  He didn't score nearly as many hits this way, though, and Tim landed a hard hit on Jondak's left shoulder.  It was the same arm he had wounded before, and now it was completely out of commission.  Jondak attempted to raise it to block, but failed.

Tim showed no mercy as he brought his sword into Jondak's neck.  The wound gaped, and a spatter of blood splashed on Tim's face.  Jondak howled, and there was fear in his eyes.  Tim fed off the fear, and brought his sword down on Jondak again before the Irnaxxian had time to recover.  This one cleaved into his left arm just above the elbow, slicing through mucles and tendons.

Jondak was breathing heavy now, blatant fear showing on his face.  Tim's own face was wet with a spatter of Jondak's blood, and he showed nothing but a lust to see Jondak's life come to an end.

"Tim," Jondak said between pants.  "I'll make you a deal.  Let me live and I'll forget about Ileeya.  You can have her fair and square, and I'll not bother you anymore."

Don't listen to him, Tim!  He's lying!

Tim didn't need to hear Ileeya's voice to know this.  There was no way he would ever trust Jondak.  He was running scared, now.  He knew Tim had the advantage.  With a sneer on his face, he rammed his sword through Jondak's chest, watching with a sick fascination as it pierced through skin, organs, and clothing and emerged from the other side coated in the Irnaxxian's blood.

He stepped in close to Jondak, who was now wheezing his last breaths.  "I don't make deals with bastards,"  Tim growled, and with as much force as he shoved it in, he jerked the bloody weapon back out.  Jondak swayed on his feet a moment before falling backward, dead.

Tim turned to Shirra, glowering, still fueled with a heavy bloodlust.  "I have killed your henchman.  You're next."

Shirra's high pitched laugter echoed around the chamber.  The sound caused the hair on his arms to stand on end.  Such a wicked sound.

"Congratulations, Tim.  What do you want, a medal?  I was going to kill him anyway, you know.  I just wanted a little entertainment, first.  I truly thought he would win.  But you surprised me.  Now, more than ever, I regret the fact you turned your back on me, because we could have really been something together.  But sadly, I'm going to have to kill you both."

Tim approached her, sword raised.  Shirra looked at him casually, before abruptly raising her hand at him.  Tim suffered an electrical jolt up the length of both arms, causing them to jerk backward and his hands to open, releasing the sword.  The sword slid several feet away, out of reach.  He collapsed to the cool stone floor to catch his breath.

"Now that's enough," Shirra said quietly.  "Do you really think it's going to be that easy to kill me?  Do you really think I am the same weak coward Jondak was?  You should know better by now, Tim."

"Shirra!  Release me," Ileeya yelled at her.  This is not about Tim.  It's between you and me."

"Release you?  Why, that would be rather foolish, don't you think?"

"If you don't release me, than you are a coward."

Shirra's eyes clouded over with hate for a moment, but then she raised her arm and Ileeya could move freely again. 

"Alright then," Shirra purred.  "It's time to finish this.  But do not think there is a chance that I will spare you again.  And realize that as soon as I'm done with you, Tim will be killed as well."

Ileeya said nothing.  She closed her eyes for a second, and caused Shirra to fly backward, falling over the bench that was behind her.  Shirra got up and brushed herself off, smiling.

"Impressive.  Did you learn that just today?  Is that all you're capable of?  Or can you do more?"

Ileeya closed her eyes again, and this time sent a heavy sculpture flying at Shirra's head. 

Shirra simply turned and threw her hand out, shattering it to pieces, the small pebbles  bouncing along the stone floor and landing at her feet .

"I'm afraid you'll have to do better than that, dear.  How about trying this?"  She twirled her hand in the air.  "ldajocvod!"  Ileeya suddenly clutched her throat, gasping for breath.  She staggered, then fell to her knees as she fought the constriction.

"NO!"  Tim yelled and rushed at Shirra.  Shirra turned and scowled at Tim.  She raised her hand and suddenly Tim found himself in a cage with thick metal bars.  He grabbed at them and shook them, but they were solid.

To be continued...

« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 11:26:17 pm by Astral Faery » Logged

Zorom

View Profile
« Reply #703 on: January 17, 2009, 02:46:35 pm »

Ooh yes! Jondak is dead!
No wait. That is a bad thing...
Astral, you couldn't possibly upload Jondak, could you??  rolleyes i want that face!
Brilliant update! Who will win? (like we don't know lol)

Aralie

View Profile
« Reply #704 on: January 17, 2009, 03:34:50 pm »

Ooooh! More suspense! I can't wait for the next update!

"Bingle-bongle, dingle-dangle, yickety-doo, yickety-daa, ping-pong, lippy-tappy-too-taa."
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 55
  Print  

Jump to: