Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 11:27:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 55
  Print  
Author Topic: Between the Light and the Darknes ~~~Chapter 34 - The End~~~  (Read 221641 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #345 on: April 15, 2008, 09:20:27 am »

Sounds perfect.  Update within a few days, hopefully.  Smiley

Visit me on my blog - Astral Faery's Magical Tales
-For some awesome reading try SimTales:  http://simtalesblog.blogspot.com/
-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
discowhipped

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: April 17, 2008, 12:30:43 am »

Yuss! Holidays start soon, then it's two whole weeks of freedom! But mostly lurking on insim and stalking this thread Cheesy
update... who knew those two syllables could sound so beautiful?
:lurk:

"It's not everyday that you discover you're trapped in a pixel world."
Suddenly Simmerised - Read it!
Previously known as: Squirt
steelguy

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: April 17, 2008, 03:41:52 am »

Let's all sing the update song,
the update song,
the update song,

Let's all sing the update song!
the update song.

We're all holding all our breaths,
the update song,
the update song,

We want to know what happens next!
The update song.

Oh Cliffhangers, they make us squeak,
the update song,
the update song,

We could be hanging here for weeks!
The update song.

Let's all sing the update song,
the update song,
the update song,

Let's hope we won't be waiting long!
the update song.

:blob7::blob7::blob7:

I have no idea where that all came from. Sad
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: April 17, 2008, 10:28:25 am »

Who cares, it was funny :laughing:

Not to mention making me feel a little like a heel... What with coursework and PC troubles though, things got a little way-laid *sigh*

No requests please
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #349 on: April 17, 2008, 12:22:20 pm »

LOL!  That was awesome!  Serenading at its best.  Bravo!  Well done!

And what better way to spend your holiday than goofing off, eh, Squirt?  By the way, I finally looked up those windows for you.  I know you asked on my other thread, but since we're both on this one, I'll just post it here.  You can find them here.

I'm sorry for your PC troubles, Sadie, that's no fun at all.  And I hope your coursework load lightens soon.

I'm hoping to have the next chapter up in two days.  Hang with me, folks!  Smiley

-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
Stelio Kontos
Resident Reptilian
Loot Looker

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: April 17, 2008, 02:06:58 pm »

*hangs in there*
*cliff is crumbling*
Er.........
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: April 17, 2008, 03:07:41 pm »

Heh, thanks Ari Smiley Two more weeks and it'll all be over.. but in the meantime I've never been so grateful for singing lessons - felt like screaming by the time I left Uni :smt120 A certain blond alien's started tapping me on the shoulder too, and just this once I'll let him talk while I try and relax Wink

Looking forward to your next update Smiley

No requests please
mpb4l1fe

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: April 17, 2008, 04:50:49 pm »

Great song Steelguy!! Smiley
discowhipped

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: April 18, 2008, 12:30:12 am »

Thanks so much Astral... MTS2 is offline at the moment but I'll get them later. Nice song steelguy, but what's the tune?? :-P

steelguy

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: April 18, 2008, 04:06:15 pm »

*Bows* The muse she ambushed me that time Smiley

The tune is based on this song here.
discowhipped

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: April 18, 2008, 10:26:07 pm »

Oh it makes sense now! Heh and it actually rhymes. Muppets are cool. Yeah and now it will be stuck in my head all day!

Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #356 on: April 18, 2008, 11:26:10 pm »

Don't worry, SAZ - I'm going to try and update tomorrow.  I won't make any promises, because things are even crazier at my house than usual, but I will certainly give it my best effort.  And guess what?  This next chapter won't even have a cliffhanger!

Sadie - Come on, you can do it - just a week and a half left now, right?  Then you can give that blonde alien a lot more of your attention.

Steelguy - the Muppets!  I've always loved the Muppets.  I used to watch them all the time when I was little - back then they were on prime time tv (yes, I'm old, lol).  I try to get my kids into them, but they just don't get it.

And Squirt is right - I'll be singing that song to myself all day now!

Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #357 on: April 19, 2008, 12:38:48 pm »

Okay guys - here's an update.  Admittedly, I could have used another picture or two for this chapter, and there's a background flaw in some of them (d'oh!), but it's too labor intensive to shoot again so it will just have to do.  I hope you enjoy it!

Tim gazed over at Ileeya, sleeping soundly, and felt envious.  He wished he could claim sleep, as well.  But as seemed the norm lately, he tossed and turned restlessly in bed until finally throwing in the towel and getting up.  It was still and quiet, and once again his thoughts were rampaging out of control.

He was so weary of thinking of the situation with Shirra, and in an effort to avoid those thoughts, he concentrated on Gertie, instead.  His heart ached with her loss.  She had been like a grandmother to him.  A best friend, a person he shared many things with.  He shared more with her than he did his own mother.

He let his thoughts wander back in time, to when life was so much simpler and the only major decision he had to make each day was what fast food delivery he was going to order for dinner.

"Sigh.  How can you stand this place, Tim?  It's such a pig sty."

He cast an eye over the apartment.  At the takeout boxes lying on the counter, the dirty counter, the pile of dirty laundry in the living room, the mess of trash Bones drug in that he hadn't gotten around to picking up.  

"It's not that bad...,"

"Are you kidding me?  I wouldn't be surprised if a monster snuck out from under your bed and kidnapped you.  At least then I would understand why you didn't call more often."

"I'm sorry, time slipped away and I got busy...,"

"Busy doing what?  Not cleaning, that's for sure."  Her face suddenly lit up.  "I know, a girlfriend!  That's why you never call.  You have a girlfriend and you've been busy - maybe thinking about popping the question.  Of course I would hope you would have told me about something so important."

"Mom...,"

"So when do I get to meet her?  When's the wedding?  Do you have rings picked out, yet?"

"I'm not getting married."

"What!  You've gotten a woman pregnant with my grandchild and you don't intend to marry her?  I raised you better than that!  If I were dead I'd be rolling in my grave right now."

"Mom!  Nobody is pregnant.  I don't even have a girlfriend."

"Sigh.  I truly don't understand it, Timmy.  You're a gorgeous boy.  You have a,"  she cast a furtive look around, "decent place.  You're fun loving and caring, a little too predictable, but you have a lot to offer."

"I just haven't found anyone I like."

"Well try not to take forever.  I would like grandchildren someday, you know.  Before I rot."

Tim rolled his eyes mentally, but said nothing.  "So, how's Dad?" he said, desperately trying to change the topic.

"Great.  I think.  I hardly ever get to see him.  Ever since the pond was dug he's been fishing nonstop.  You should see all the fish he has mounted up on the walls.  And when he's not having them mounted, he's cooking them on the fancy grill he bought.  You've seen the grill, have you?  Oh, that's right, you haven't been to visit since we got it three months ago.  We have fish for dinner nearly every night.  And for lunch.  Sometimes he's even up at the crack of dawn grilling fish for breakfast!  There's nothing quite like the smell of charred salmon at six in the morning!  My whole house smells like fish.  He cooks it outside, but the smell always comes in the house and clings to everything.  Fishy blankets, fishy furniture, fishy clothes, fishy carpet, even Mr. Peaches smells like fish, although he probably doesn't mind, being a cat and all.  I swear if your father feeds me fish one more time I'm going to grow fins and jump in the nearest ocean!  What's so funny?"

"Nothing.  I'm just happy you came for a visit."

"So.  Whatever have you been doing with yourself if you're not dating or cleaning up this wreck you call a house?  I'm telling you, you need to hire a maid or something.  Maybe a cook, too," she eyed the takeout containers suspisciously.  "It's not healthy to be eating that garbage all the time."

"I'll think about it."

"You'll think about it.  You told me that the last time I was here and that was several months ago.  How do you live in this mess?  No wonder you don't have a girlfriend.  I was thinking of attending a Social next weekend, and inviting you, hoping you would meet a nice girl.  But what am I supposed to say.  'This is my son, Trashy Tim'?  That wouldn't go over well there, that's for sure."

"I don't want to meet any girl that goes to a Country Club, Mom  I can't stand those women.  They're so fake and...plastic.  It would be like dating a mannequin."

His mother looked at him incredulously.  "I go to the country club!  I'm not like that."  

"That's because you're already married.  You don't need to scout for an eligible man."

For a miraculous minute, his mother was speechless, and the only sound that could be heard was the buzzing of flies circling the takeout containers.  But it wasn't long before his mother broke the silence.  It never was.

"Have I told you about Gertie, yet?"

"No...I'm not interested in a blind date, Mom."

"Not for a date, to clean up your abyss of an apartment."

Tim rolled his eyes mentally again and kept his mouth shut while his mother continued.

"She was my neighbor's nanny for many years, but their youngest just went off to college and now she's looking for another job.  In addition to taking care of the children, she also cooked and cleaned.  That would be perfect for you."

"I don't have any kids..."

"Maybe you will, someday, after we find you a girlfriend."

"I'll think about it."

"Pfaw!  I'm sending her over tomorrow for an interview."

Once again he rolled his eyes inwardly.  Arguing with her did no good.

The following morning, Tim woke up to an unusal smell.  It was...pancakes!  With real maple syrup.  The smell had creeped up the stairs and was luring him its source.  His mother must have come back and made breakfast for him.  She was naggy, but she was a good mom.

He quickly showered and dressed and went downstairs, where there was a steaming plate sitting on the table.  But the woman standing at the stove was not his mother.

"Good morning.  You must be Tim.  Breakfast is ready"

"And you are..."

"I'm Gertie.  Oh, I hope you don't mind me letting myself in.  Your mother gave me a key.  Said you could use some help, and boy was she right!  Never in all my years of caring for kids have I seen such a mess!  And I thought children were messy."

Tim looked around.  He would hardly have recognized the place.  Everything was clean.  No garbage laying around, the windows gleamed, the floor was visible.  He had to admit to himself the place looked great.  He looked over at Bones who was watching Gertie with a hopeful eye, wagging his tail.

"Some watchdog you turned out to be," he grumbled.  Bones glaced his way before returning his gaze to the lady with the food.

"Sit down and we'll talk about my terms of employment."

Tim tried to keep an amused smile from creeping onto his face.  She was a lot like his mother.

"I work from six a.m. to seven p.m. with a two hour break from twelve to two.  I cook, clean, and shop for groceries.  I'll also take care of your lovely dog.  Bathing is a necessity, you know.  Poor dog was so filthy he was drawing flies, just like the rest of this apartment.  I'll provide breakfast and dinner, five days a week.  I assume you can heat up leftovers the other two days?  I have Tuesdays and Saturdays off."

Tim took a bite of the pancakes.  They were homemade buttermilk.  The rich texture melted in his mouth, sheer perfection.  His mother was a pretty good cook, but these were the best he'd ever had.

"If you like those, wait until you taste the steak I'm making for dinner."

"Steak?"  Tim echoed hollowly.

"I charge $300 per week.  Do we have a deal?"

Kind of pricey, but it was worth it.  Tim couldn't remember the last time he had steak.  And if it was anything like these pancakes, he wouldn't be paying her enough.

"Definitely," Tim mumbled through a mouthful of food.

Tears stung his eyes.  He would never see Gertie again.  And his parents.  Would he ever get to see them again?  He cursed this place.  Why?  Why was he here?  If it's true that Ileeya brought him here, then why did she do it?  Something big is going to happen, Timmy.

Tim resisted the urge to punch the stone wall with his fist.  Instead, he crawled into bed, willing his brain to quiet so he could try to salvage the rest of the night.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 02:01:49 pm by Astral Faery » Logged

steelguy

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: April 19, 2008, 03:12:27 pm »

First: Yaaaaayyyy! Update!:blob5:
Second: "Just have to do?" It's great!

So, we meet Tim's mother. Now he has a real excuse for not calling.
"Hi mom? Remember how you were joking about a monster kidnapping me? Well, funny story - But hey, good news! I have a girlfriend!" Cheesy
Lola136

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: April 19, 2008, 06:06:04 pm »

yay updates!
fish for lunch fish for dinner lol

Look At My Sims HERE
Psst! join a RolePlay[/B]
I just want to wrap you all up in cotton wool and roll you down a hill :smt120
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 55
  Print  

Jump to: