Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 08:46:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 55
  Print  
Author Topic: Between the Light and the Darknes ~~~Chapter 34 - The End~~~  (Read 218610 times)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic.
discowhipped

View Profile
« Reply #570 on: August 19, 2008, 12:06:27 am »

That sucks! I'm sorry too! You're handling is better than I would, my PC would be in little pieces by now, :chainsaw: even if it was my fault :lol: That would make me feel better, but then I'd have no computer... Hmm. Maybe I'll rethink this plan...
We are (mostly) patient people, right? I'm hoping for them to be recovered *crosses fingers*. And be understanding.. :happy8:

You could always post it without pics if you don't want to take them again..? Either way, I don't mind. Cheesy

"It's not everyday that you discover you're trapped in a pixel world."
Suddenly Simmerised - Read it!
Previously known as: Squirt
Stelio Kontos
Resident Reptilian
Loot Looker

View Profile
« Reply #571 on: August 19, 2008, 07:02:20 am »

The bad luck express arrives.
If this was me, who knows what would have happened.
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #572 on: August 19, 2008, 07:21:57 am »

Ouch, painful. I do sympathise Sad Just a thought though - have you tried looking for software that can restore deleted files? I gather there's programs that can recover anything save a low level format (the surest way to wipe the hard drive), so it might be worth looking into Smiley

No requests please
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #573 on: August 19, 2008, 08:37:30 am »

Trust me - I did not handle it well.  I couldn't even talk because I would have burst into tears, and I was so sick to my stomach I nearly threw up.  I just can't understand it - it makes no sense.  I know they were there, because I named them and marked my story where each of them would go.  I'm sure they had their own file, and I was certain I had put that file where all the others were - chapters 1-26.  But they don't show up anywhere - not even in the backups I made - so I must have done something stupid.

I'll check into that before I start reshooting, Sadie, and see if it's possible.  I don't know what's involved, as I am a bit of a computer retard, and depend heavily on my husband for his computer help.  It's nice living with a geek when you're computer addicted.  I don't know if they can be, though, since my husband wiped everything off when he restored my computer.  It was pretty much taken down to the cellular level and built back up again.  I'm probably facing a reshoot. Sad

Visit me on my blog - Astral Faery's Magical Tales
-For some awesome reading try SimTales:  http://simtalesblog.blogspot.com/
-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
YHsims2003

View Profile
« Reply #574 on: August 19, 2008, 05:54:08 pm »

oh man, that is seriously terrible news!
well as dedicated fans, i think we are all willing to wait patiently :]

:snorting: My Spiffy Thread
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #575 on: August 20, 2008, 01:22:03 pm »

DD!  I thought you fell off the face of the earth.  Good to have you back, and thank you for reading.

Bad news, folks.  My husband ran a recovery.  We found 5 pictures from that photoshoot (there were probably a good 40 or so to begin with) 4 were already partially overwritten so couldn't be used.  The other was a thumbnail, which also couldn't be used.  I have to reshoot the whole thing.:sad1:

-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #576 on: August 20, 2008, 02:00:20 pm »

Damn, that's a shame Sad Oh well, at least you tried. Good luck with it all.

No requests please
Sugah Sim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #577 on: August 20, 2008, 05:23:41 pm »

Oh, I'm sorry, AF. I was so hoping your hubby could recover most, if not ALL of your screenshots. I know how hard you work to capture the perfect image to help tell your stories.
I don't envy you having to start over again. I hope your reshoot goes smoothly and painlessly.

Sugah's Place
We are one of the few remaining Sims 2 sites!
... Specializing in gorgeous Sim models, CC & Maxis recolors, custom walls, prime real estate, original challenges, fun forum games and so much more in a friendly, comfortable atmosphere ...
Aralie

View Profile
« Reply #578 on: August 21, 2008, 12:47:36 am »

Ugh, I'm sorry hun. That really sucks. I recently accidentally deleted all my sims files and did a recovery and they didn't come back! I had started a story too, that I was getting ready to post here. And now the sims, and the pics are gone! So, I kind of know how you feel.
Man, I flipped out after that happened. I guess just be happy you didn't lose your characters too! =p
I'm still fuming about losing mine! GRRR! It makes me want to kick my computer, then kick myself since I'm the one who did it. Well, actually if you want to get technical, I deleted the EA Store thing (not thinking it would delete everything). Maybe I should blame them. Stupid EA Store! lol.
*Done ranting now*
Anyway, good luck with the photos. Can't wait to read this next chapter when you're finished! =)

"Bingle-bongle, dingle-dangle, yickety-doo, yickety-daa, ping-pong, lippy-tappy-too-taa."
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #579 on: August 21, 2008, 01:51:00 pm »

Thanks, Sadie.

Thanks, Sugah.  I started reshooting today.  Got a bit done - but I'm going to have to rebuild a couple of sets and make some more sims because they weren't saved.  It will get done, eventually.

Welcome, Aralie (isn't that a pretty name that I'll have to be using on a sim soon Cheesy )

You're right - it could be much worse.  I could have lost neighborhoods and characters - that would have been quite painful, indeed.  I'm so sorry you had to go through all that.  I would have been very pissed.  Stupid EA store - it was probably their fault.  Anyway, I'm glad you're enjoying the story, and maybe someday I'll actually get an update done!

steelguy

View Profile
« Reply #580 on: August 22, 2008, 02:55:28 am »

Oweee! I've only just started fiddling with picture taking and that's a headache in itself. An entire reshoot? Eep.
Still, as has been said, it could have been worse.
Take your time with it, I have so many stories I'm keeping track of right now, I'm losing track of them all. Smiley
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #581 on: August 22, 2008, 09:58:27 am »

Oy!  Me too - and I'm behind on most of them.

Yes, very painful, but it could have been worse.  I'll get through it...someday.  I appreciate you guys all being so patient.

Stelio Kontos
Resident Reptilian
Loot Looker

View Profile
« Reply #582 on: August 22, 2008, 05:07:57 pm »

Introduction to Patience 101 is one of the many exicting courses available at the Rock Justice Obnoxiously Advanced Basic Physics, Math, Other School Subjects, Random Thingies and Muffins University.

Come visit our campus and partake in some of the many activities available, including:
-basketball! (Cheer on the Rock Justice Pancakes!)
-baseball!
-football!
-cricket!
-rugby!
-croquet!
-hopscotch!
-jumprope!
-theatre!
-rocketry!
-science club
-debate
-Explosions and Fire Club
-student TV!
-Heavy and Extreme Metal Fanclub!
-protesting!
-complaning!
-contemplating the very meaning of existance
-Live Action Role Playing every Saturday at the campus commons!
-Dungeons & Dragons!
-and MUCH, MUCH, MUCH MORE!

Register anytime up to September 30th, and you shall recieve a RJOABPMOSSRTaMU bobblehead and marionette!

This advertisment was sponsored by Rock Justice Obnoxiously Advanced Basic Physics, Math, Other School Subjects, Random Thingies and Muffins University.
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #583 on: August 22, 2008, 05:14:42 pm »

:laugh: You're nuts :lol:

Sounds good though, any spaces in the metal fanclub? Wink

No requests please
Stelio Kontos
Resident Reptilian
Loot Looker

View Profile
« Reply #584 on: August 22, 2008, 05:18:01 pm »

Quote from: Sadie79;1348321
:laugh: You're nuts :lol:

Sounds good though, any spaces in the metal fanclub? Wink

They're always room!
We've got sub-clubs in the Heavy and Extreme Metal Fanclub for every genre of metal known to mankind.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 55
  Print  

Jump to: