Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 02:58:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Vivienne Lambert from the Richard Hoyt novel, "Vivienne"  (Read 3373 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
CB2001

View Profile
« on: August 25, 2008, 04:37:28 am »

As Quint passed the line of police officers and drew near the Mercedes, Vivienne looked up at him with outsized brown eyes.  There was something about her that made him think she wasn't from Hawaii, more likely somewhere in Southeast Asia, maybe even Vietnam.  She was, in a word, elegant."

The above is from the Richard Hoyt novel, "Vivienne."  It is one of my favorite novels and I have been meaning to get around to doing a sim representation of the title character.

Here's some basic info on Vivienne Lambert.  In the novel, Vivienne is married to Colonel Del Lambert, an Army Intelligence office.  She is an artist (she is seen in several scenes in the novel painting several works of art), has a brother and a sister (the sister looks pretty close, if not "more beautiful" than Vivienne) and lives on Tantilus Drive in Hawaii in 1968.  Her name comes from the word vivre, which means, to live in French.  I can't give any more away without spoiling the book.  But if you are looking for something to read, I recommend the book.  Never the less, I was trying my best to make a Sim that looked like she could be from Vietnam (don't know if I succeeded, so I'll let you be the judge).

Creating Vivienne was a bit of a challenge.  Vivienne is Vietnamese, but when it comes to her she's described in two different sentences" 1. "Racially, she's basically a Malay, as are all women in Southeast Asia."  2. "You're looking at a little Chinese, a touch of Khmer, some Burmese."  So, for a little bit of inspiration, I looked at a couple of pictures of Malay women, the woman on the cover of the book and watched "Full Metal Jacket" and paid attention to the three "major" women featured in the film to at least get an idea on smaller details about their nose, hair and skintone.  One of the things I definately tried to avoid was to have any similarity to Lucy Liu (because my dad saw me read the book and he thought it was Lucy Liu on the cover.  And as a result, after that moment, I only saw Lucy Liu as Vivienne).  Needless to say, what came out is who I see Vivienne as.

I wish to extend my thanks to the Content Creators whose Work is being use for this Sim.:
Eye Color by LyricLee of www.3dconsortium.com
Eyebrow, Blush, Eyeliner and Eye Shadow by Helaene
Lipstick by Sandy of www.aroundthesims2.com
Idolatry of Flesh Skintone by Hysterical Paroxysm
K Fashions 60s Chic 2 Dress by K-030
In-Game Hair by EA/Maxis

Requires
Base Game: The Sims 2
EP: University, NightLife, Pets, Open for Business, Seasons and Bon Voyage (I listed all of these  just to make sure that the Sim runs, since I have all of these expansion packs installed and its hard to tell what is what for when I created the Sim)

Hope you enjoy the download.  Smiley

* Vivienne Lambert.zip (4240.56 KB - downloaded 283 times.)

* Vivienne1.jpg (111.18 KB, 208x480 - viewed 718 times.)

* Vivienne2.jpg (189.5 KB, 487x542 - viewed 700 times.)

* Vivienne3.jpg (149.15 KB, 451x347 - viewed 647 times.)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 04:43:01 am by CB2001 » Logged
J00wish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 07:27:18 am »

She's lovely. I her eyes.

"Cant sleep... Clown will eat me." -- Bart Simpson  

CB2001

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 11:19:21 am »

Quote from: J00wish;1351348
She's lovely. I her eyes.

Thanks J00wish.  Smiley
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 05:27:27 pm »

Thank you hon!

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
CB2001

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 12:03:08 am »

Thanks for moving the thread, caffeinated.joy.  I wasn't sure if the Sim applied to this section because it's based off a novel character, and it being my interpretation of her (whereas other characters have been based on actual pictures of characters).  And thank you very much for your kind words. Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: