Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 04:30:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mac and internetbrowsers  (Read 4346 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Mi-chii

View Profile WWW
« on: September 16, 2007, 07:58:16 am »

I would like to inform everyone about this.

The default browser that comes with Mac is Safari. Safari is a crappy browers, to be honest. It does weird things with .rar and .zip files when you download them.

It is possible to get Internet Explorer for Mac, but it's and old version and it is no longer supported by Macintosh.

Most Mac users downloads Firefox.  Firefox is a very good browser indeed, but has some annoying things, in my opinion at least. But that's just me. Can be downloaded here

But the best internet browser to use on Mac, is Opera. Opera isn't as widely known yet, but I have gotten it recommend in all the stores that sell Macs here. Delicious tabbed browsing, endless posibilites to make it look like you want, and no problems whatsoever. Find out more here

Happy browsing! Smiley

Tied third place in Mr. Insimenator 2007
Join the Animal Army
Call me Michelle
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 02:30:44 pm »

Mi-chii, thanks for making this post.  I too think that Safari is the worst Internet browser available for the MacOS platform.  The Firefox version for MacOS is called Camino (link: http://www.mozilla.org/products/camino/ )

Older Mac users running MacOS 9 will be interested in iCab, the only graphical web browser still being maintained for OS9 (link: http://www.icab.de/ )

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Redrew25

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 03:38:45 pm »

Safari does suck and I also use Firefox. Firefox is also good for PC users - works better blocking Pop-Up Windows.
Mi-chii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2007, 12:44:23 am »

Opera blocks them all ^^ honestly, every single one ^^

Tied third place in Mr. Insimenator 2007
Join the Animal Army
Call me Michelle
HugeLunatic

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2007, 10:04:08 pm »

While I like camino, it has issues loading some web pages and smilies and  thumbnails.  Opera is the only one capable of allowing me to access my 401K website.   Of course that is ignorance on the part of the webmaster there, but still...something keeps me from using it all the time, just can't pinpoint what...

Ingridtk

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2008, 09:17:43 am »

Hmm.. I actually find Safari works pretty well for me- the only annoying thing it does is add .txt to the end of .rar files I download for some reason.
I've never used Opera though- just Safari and Firefox.
sumpsychochic

Tiffany

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2008, 10:43:59 am »

I use Safari on my PC right now because my cousin did something strange and messed up firefox, and I will not touch IE.

Anyway, whenever I download rar files it doesnt add txt... so it might just be mac that does that with safari... which is strange.

vikvac49

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2008, 01:27:06 pm »

Well, I may be weird but I still use Netscape, mostly because I like their mail set-up. Firefox is my next favorite, but isn't perfect. Netscape does download files in the proper form, I always know the form and get the zip files for saving. Safari has started crashing on me lately, which is quite annoying. Have not heard of Opera or Camino, but will check them out. : )
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: