Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 12:32:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Wanna dance?  (Read 6479 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Dizi

View Profile
« on: September 16, 2007, 12:26:53 pm »

I think I just haven't recognized how to do it, but I can't figure out how to learn the local dances! Maybe 'dance' is the better word, because my sim wants to learn to hula and I haven't figured out who to do it. In the game, it says to just click on a local who is doing the dance and then ask them to teach you. But I don't get that option. Can anyone help me? Please...
~dizi

Thanks to everybody who submits their work, you've made my game so wonderful sometimes I can't STAND it!
My X-Men fanfiction can be found here and pics of my X-Men and other sims here (everythings under 'scraps')
KristalRose

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007, 12:33:03 pm »

You have to catch the locals dancing and join them.  I had one catch a cute local island-guy doing the hula, and pretty soon the whole family joined in.  They all got that memory.  It was really cute to see the little girl hulaing (is that a word?).  Wink
Dizi

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2007, 01:04:34 pm »

So it's "join"? Alright, I'll try it. Thanks!
~dizi

Thanks to everybody who submits their work, you've made my game so wonderful sometimes I can't STAND it!
My X-Men fanfiction can be found here and pics of my X-Men and other sims here (everythings under 'scraps')
xoJessi

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2007, 03:42:47 pm »

I was wondering that too! I'm wondering if there are different dances for different locations?

My Sims Journal/Photo Album Come see what my sims are up to!

Real Sims
Sims Oasis
Savahni

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2007, 04:03:13 pm »

The beach and the mountain both have new dance style. Hula for the beach, and gorilla-style for the mountain. The Asian location don't have new dance style as far as I've played..
Zinger956
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2007, 08:56:58 pm »

I believe the Far East "dance" is to learn Tai-Chi.
Tomkat

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2007, 01:56:44 am »

...adding to that.. I spent some time looking for the slap dance and hula options, and disappointed that they weren't in the normal menus. Turns out Im just "blonde",  if you can't find the option to do those dances - its a DANCE.  Available when you click on the radio...Smiley
Mihura

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2007, 01:21:42 pm »

These new dances can be danced with a radio when a sim have learn it. Wink And... a simple memory isn't sufficient (thanks Ancient by the way), it's require a memento in the memory panel. Smiley
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2007, 02:04:47 pm »

or just get the new insim and give your sim both the dance AND the memento without having to go to all the bother of spending hours trying to catch the locals at it!!

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
Mihura

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2007, 02:16:16 pm »

A new Insim ?!!! Already ? :toothy7:

Oh this is a GREAT NEWS ! Thank you Aliwag ! :sunny: And thanks to you too Eric ! Smiley
Cathy

Call me Annie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2007, 09:03:10 pm »

Alright, I have a question. How do my sims learn (and where) how to dance?
Lavinia (my sim) learned the fire dance at the beach with the "fire dancer" NPC. I'm not sure if this is the name in English, since my game is in Portuguese.
Here she is with the "tutor"

What about the others?
I want them to dance!!!

I used to be Nyxie
chriskay

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2007, 12:14:41 pm »

Not that one. Keep an eye on stereos around the lots. They usually start dancing around the area near the stereo and there you can join.
Cathy

Call me Annie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2007, 06:43:54 am »

Just a little note: I haven't played much since that because I'm sick and I don't have any idea how/where she is going o dance the fire dance....does anybody knows?
Hula, Bavarian dance are with the stereo. Tai-chi only with music around. What about the rest?

I used to be Nyxie
Ghen

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2007, 07:08:56 am »

Quote from: NyxMorrighan;980416
Just a little note: I haven't played much since that because I'm sick and I don't have any idea how/where she is going o dance the fire dance....does anybody knows?
Hula, Bavarian dance are with the stereo. Tai-chi only with music around. What about the rest?

You should be able to perform Tai Chi by clicking on a sim (while their profile is selected) and selecting 'Perform Tai chi' of course your sim has to have learnt it from the locals in Takemizu (I found that they seems to do the action EVERYWHERE), and the Fire Dance (after they've learnt it) can be perform by selection Entertain and choosing either 'Fire Dance' or 'Fire Dance for tips' (much like the Freestyle option that came with the University ep).

chriskay

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2007, 01:12:59 pm »

Gosh, did anyone find it hard for the locals to start doing the dances? They rarely dance in my game....
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: