Insimenator.org
April 17, 2024, 09:20:55 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Disabled all my hacks  (Read 3121 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
mvanlaar2

View Profile
« on: September 16, 2007, 03:28:29 pm »

I have had to disable all my 150 hacks except for Pescados bon voyage one.  Even the ones that are supposed to be ok are not as since they are out I have no more lag or strange things  happening like plumbobs stuck in the lots without a sim under them.  I will miss them but as Squinge and others are not updating them anymore I will  have to play the game the way its supposed to be played even though it won't be as interesting.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 01:05:45 am »

There's a large selection of mods that still work with BV.  Scan over the threads in this section.  You'll find at least two, maybe three threads where someone ran a hackdiff scan on the mods they have and posted the results.  

Any of the mods listed in those as "clean" are safe to run in BV.  Those listed as "may need possible updates" may or may not work, but generally it's best to leave them out and check back with the creator to see if they've updated them.
lilashannah

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 05:31:38 pm »

I got rid of all my hacks and downloads...I hate the way my sims look with no custom hair skins or clothing....but I must say playing with out hacks or cheats is kind of fun.I'd forgotten
newtosims

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 01:31:08 pm »

There's no way to use the hacks with BV installed. The only custom content that will appear in the game is hair, makeup, genetics, clothing and lots. No custom furniture, cars, hacks and etc. When you install BV without the The Sims 2 folder, BV installs without a downloads folder for custom content. When you copy The Sims 2 folder from previous EPs into BV everything is disabled except for the things listed above.
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2007, 01:44:08 pm »

That is simply not true. I have almost 200 hacks in my game. All of my custom content is present and usable. When you install any EP all of the custom content is disabled automatically and needs to be enabled again. Once enabled you need to exit the game so it can update and then all of the custom content should be available.

If after you have safely removed your CC and there is no D/Ls folder after installation, open Body Shop and then close it. That should generate a new D/L folder in Explorer.

I am now playing a new PC with Vista. My old files (all XP) were stored on an external drive. After installing the game fresh from TS2 to EP6 I added my XP files back to the game. I have had no problem at all with the game recognizing and using these files.

You might try re-installing BV or (I know, a horrible suggestion) completely re-installing from scratch.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 01:46:43 pm by jinyc » Logged

Joey the Whinernator

http://www.insimenator.net/
secondverse27

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2007, 05:29:22 am »

I can't seem to get my sims to take snapshots. There's no option when clicking on them or anyone else and I do have some outdated mods running in my game. Please help me
Zilla

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2007, 06:25:22 am »

Quote from: secondverse27;980366
I can't seem to get my sims to take snapshots. There's no option when clicking on them or anyone else and I do have some outdated mods running in my game. Please help me

Take the non-compatible hacks out of your game.
secondverse27

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2007, 07:16:09 am »

Thanks Zilla, Is there a list of what hacks are not compatible for bon voyage?
Zilla

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2007, 11:40:05 am »

Quote from: secondverse27;983701
Thanks Zilla, Is there a list of what hacks are not compatible for bon voyage?

There may be one somewhere, but I haven't the foggiest idea of where to look for one.

The only things I have in my game is Insim and some of the hacks from MATY that are BV compatible. You could always try doing a search via Google or your could do a search over on MATY and see if maybe there is a list there. I haven't seen one, but that isn't saying much.

For the time being, I'd say if it isn't BV compatible, take it out.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
popsicle

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2008, 06:20:25 pm »

Quote from: newtosims;955618
There's no way to use the hacks with BV installed. The only custom content that will appear in the game is hair, makeup, genetics, clothing and lots. No custom furniture, cars, hacks and etc. When you install BV without the The Sims 2 folder, BV installs without a downloads folder for custom content. When you copy The Sims 2 folder from previous EPs into BV everything is disabled except for the things listed above.

I actually have exactly the same problem in my game. I created a downloads folder myself, but the game doesn't seem to recognize it. Only hair, makeup, genetics and clothes work. Hacks don't at all, neither does furniture. I haven't tried to install custom cars or lots yet. Do I really have to uninstall BV to get the CC to work properly?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: