Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 06:26:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Editing current Sim's face?  (Read 2953 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Xtian913

View Profile
« on: September 16, 2007, 08:20:43 pm »

Hi all, I have a quick question!

I currently have been playing with a Sim as if he were me, but recently I've had some Self-Sim skins made and they are just awesome so I was wondering if there was any way I could swap out the current face for the new one?

I know there are a few Sims 2 editing programs out there, but Ive never used them before, so hence my asking! Thanks!!
Jessica

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 03:59:03 am »

you mean change the skintone on a sim you're already playing?
There is a skintone selector by christianlov you can get here: [outdated link removed]
I think it shows up as a painting in your game? I dont know, i personally havent used it.
Hope that helps Smiley
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 06:40:00 pm by Jessica » Logged

Want great free sims2 and sims3 creations? Come to Wicked Sims.
WickedNoukFamily
-- Several free sites under one roof!
My MTS2 Downloads
vanessa

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2007, 07:10:55 pm »

Hi,jessica,thanx for the link to Christianlov hacks.

Life is  just a game and we are the sims.

http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=22717
tallsimsfan77

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2007, 10:10:39 pm »

Didn't that skintone changer only work for the default skintones, though? =/

Sigs are for smokers.
huffy15

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2007, 10:19:34 pm »

once simpe is updated you can use the simsurgery feature to permanently change their skin, its somewhat time consuming, believe me i know, i screwed up big once and deleted a custom skin that about half my sims had and had to use that feature to give all those sims that i wanted to bother saving back skins so they werent just bodyless heads rofl. basically if you dont have BV you can load the neighborhood /ingame sim with simPE, load simsurgery, export the sim(s) to make it show up as a saved bodyshop sim, go make clones of the sims in game cas in one big family with the skins you want, then reload simpe and go replace the patient sim with the cloned sims features and then confirm the updated sim(s) after the surgery. or you can just make one sim and use it as a skin dummy with the skin you want and update all the sims you want with JUST skin, so you dont make them all look like the dummy. if you have BV you cant do this yet til its updated unless you want to risk wrecking the game
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 10:20:28 pm by huffy15 » Logged

And if the cloud bursts, thunder in your ear
You shout and no one seems to hear.
huffy15

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2007, 10:28:13 pm »

oh, my adhd made me forget why i was browsing and responding to this topic. is there a way to edit the skins that my sims ALREADY have? ok ill be honest, a lot of my sims skins i like, but the females dont have...nipples...how do i edit the skins and overwrite the original so that my old sims all automatically get skins that ive edited (yeah i only want to edit other peoples work for my own use, not to upload somewhere else, i never even share my work since its minimal)? I dont want to have to simsurgery all my sims with the same skin, slightly updated, to be more realistic since a lot of skins seem to only be edited for males OR females, not both. I know how to edit things with bodyshop but not replace skins without breaking my simfreaks.

And if the cloud bursts, thunder in your ear
You shout and no one seems to hear.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: