Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 07:14:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Tourism Career  (Read 16212 times)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic.
Corylea
Site Santa!

View Profile
« on: September 17, 2007, 04:23:25 pm »

Well, now that the sims can go on vacation, there must be lots of new positions open.  Somebody has to guide all those tours, take reservations, and run the whole shebang, after all.

Get your sims in on the ground floor of the new tourism industry with the Tourism Career.

This career is EP ready.  It has its own GUID, so it won't overwrite any other career.  It has a custom icon, made by me using free clip art -- you can find the world map I used at http://www.clipart.co.uk/cgi-bin/icdisplay.pl?1,maps,2

The career reward is the polygraph, since I thought a talent for creative lying might come in useful for tour guides. :-)  Although the career reward will be found under the Criminal career, this career does unlock it at the appropriate time.

There are chance cards for every level, including TWO scenarios involving llamas.  (Sorry, I couldn't resist. :-) )  I especially like the chance cards; I hope you'll enjoy them, too.  If you don't, remember that you can always hit the "ignore" button.

Lots of people like to have a list of positions, their hours and salary, and so forth.  I prefer NOT to know those things before playing a new career, since having those things be a surprise is part of the fun for me.  A list of all that follows, for those who like to know.  If you're like me, you know to start skipping ahead now. :-)

1.  Reservation Clerk      9 a.m. - 4 p.m.   $175      W R F S Su

People call you on the phone to book tours, while you take down their name and credit card number.  All day.  Every day.  Welcome to the fascinating tourism industry!

2.  Information Desk Staff      10 a.m. - 5 p.m.   $250      W R F S Su

Every place that's popular with tourists has one of these -- a place where tourists can ask questions.  72% of the questions are "Where's the bathroom?"; 23% are "Where do I park the car?"  But 5% are nearly interesting!

3.  Docent            10 a.m. - 4 p.m.   $315      T W R F S

You're still answering questions, but now you're stationed at one of the attractions, answering substantive questions about the unique natural and historical features of your attraction.  After you tell them how to find the bathroom, of course.

4.  Walking Tour Guide      10 a.m. - 4 p.m.   $395      W R F S Su

You did a good enough job answering questions and making the local attractions sound interesting to tourists that now you lead a tour!  You walk around the area with tourists, showing them the things that they should be sure to see, explaining why all of this is terribly interesting.  You still have to know where the bathroom is, though.

5.  Boat Tour Guide         10 a.m. - 4 p.m.   $475      W R F S Su

The tourists loved your walking tours, which means you get promoted.  You're finally off your feet part of the time, and the greater price and prestige of the boat tours means that your tips are larger.  On a boat, the bathroom is called the "head;" be sure you know where it is.

6.  Helicopter Tour Guide      10 a.m. - 4 p.m.   $545      W R F S Su

You're off your feet even more of the time, since standing up in a helicopter is not recommended.  You get to sit up front with the pilot, while you announce the sites and sights of natural, historical, and cultural interest.  The tourists pay a lot for the helicopter tour, so their expectations are high -- make sure you have a great joke for every site.  Oh, and there are NO bathrooms on helicopters.

7.  Personal Tour Guide      10 a.m. - 4 p.m.   $700      W R F S Su

You no longer give the same tour four times a day, five days a week!  Now you're hired by individual tourists to create specialized tours just for them.  Some want to see the historical sites, some the areas of natural beauty, some the best shopping, and a few even ask to be directed to the red light district!  Your day has more variety in it, and -- since only the wealthiest tourists can hire a personal guide -- your wallet has more money in it.

8.  Tourism Campaign Creator   9 a.m. - 3 p.m.   $805      M T W R F

You're getting a little old to be on the endless round of site after site, but your knowledge of both the local attractions and the people who visit them is invaluable.  You now work for the Tourism Board, coming up with an advertising campaign that will lure tourists (and their simoleans) to your area -- where someone ELSE can show them around.

9.  Chair of Tourism Board      9 a.m. - 5 p.m.   $945      M T W R F

Your ad campaign was so successful that your area is knee-deep in tourists.  Everybody's happy about that, because your area is also knee-deep in simoleans.  Only you can guide the Tourism Board to be even greater!

10.  Play, and find out :-)      10 a.m. - 2 p.m.   $1185      W R F

This is the first career I've ever made.  I've tested it in my game, and it works fine for me.  If it doesn't work fine for you, please let me know.

I have all of the EP's installed except for OFB (I somehow managed to misplace that disk), but since this career was made from a base game career, I'm hoping that it's compatible with the base game.

Thanks to Superfly for his great tutorials, Bidou for the fabulous career editor, and the creators of SimPE.  Anything right is probably due to them; anything wrong is probably due to me. :-)

* Corylea tourism career.rar (26.22 KB - downloaded 2045 times.)

* Tourism Icon.jpg (5.91 KB, 136x136 - viewed 12478 times.)

Middle-aged professional woman still plays video games.  Film at 11.
kim

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 05:03:16 pm »

Nice Job

HermioneG

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 07:39:26 pm »

This is brilliant! Thanks a lot! Now my not so rich sims can have something like a vacation, too. Even if it is work!:smile::clap:

By the pricking of my thumbs,
something wicked this way comes...
Must be true,
because the translation of my last name means "evil"
mieley

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2007, 09:14:56 pm »

this is such a great idea for the new EP! i love it!
::runs off to make some tour guide sims::

great work!

I´ll come again when you have Judge on the menue.
matze

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2007, 11:18:37 pm »

Wow. That sounds very good. I like this new career. Thank you.

Live your dreams, before it's too late.
kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2007, 11:02:36 am »

Fantastic job!
Corylea
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2007, 12:55:13 pm »

*smile*  Thanks, everybody!  I hope you have fun with it.

Corylea
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2007, 12:28:43 pm »

Quote from: jeantjuh123;949015
How does it works? I have unzipped it in my Downloads folder, but.. i can't use them.. the .PACKAGE file is in my downloads folder, but i can't seem to use this mod, and all the other mods. Do they need to be placed in a other location, so yes, which one?

Yes, it goes in your Downloads folder.  Do you have custom content enabled in your game?  Make sure you do that.  Also, this is a career like any other career, which means that it won't always be in the newspaper or on the computer, anymore than Science or Medicine is always there.

Corylea
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2007, 07:44:46 am »

Quote from: jeantjuh123;952546
So i then just need to wait untill the job is available? Wink

Yep.  Or you can use Monique's hacked computer to give your sim any career.

goodyjessi

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2007, 09:37:45 am »

brilliant career!
nalysha21

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2007, 03:27:23 am »

this is great...my sims will have more career choices...thanks  =>
freshsfs2003

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2008, 01:35:20 pm »

Thanks so much!

The American ideal, after all, is that everyone should be as much alike as possible.  James Baldwin
pandamuffinz
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2008, 03:28:02 pm »

awesome. Thanks dude.:worship:
YvonneM_87
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2008, 05:45:08 am »

Ive clicked on the attached files link and nothing comes up...what do i do now?
bigbette

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2008, 11:38:32 pm »

Thank you very much for sharing.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: