Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 11:43:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: help with mods in BV  (Read 3010 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
evile420

View Profile
« on: September 07, 2007, 05:03:54 pm »

i tried searching the forums but i cant find if this question has been asked or answered...

but i installed BV and NONE of my mods except for genetics, build and lots show up anymore, no recolors, no custom meshes nothing in buy mode... all the lots work, but all the custom stuff in it is either defualt item color or glowing blue showing a missing mesh.  :pale:

i did not have this issue when i installed glamor life, pets, or seasons...

any ideas what i can do to save my downloads?

that is not dead which can eternal lie...  and given strange Aeons, even Death may die...
Dizi

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 05:10:16 pm »

Did you enable custom content, exit, then pull up the game again? You have to completely exit the game before cc will work.

Thanks to everybody who submits their work, you've made my game so wonderful sometimes I can't STAND it!
My X-Men fanfiction can be found here and pics of my X-Men and other sims here (everythings under 'scraps')
nova-storm

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 06:19:23 pm »

Quote from: Dizi;921226
Did you enable custom content, exit, then pull up the game again? You have to completely exit the game before cc will work.
yep what she said. also you will get more help if you post in the right section. this is just your gen talk about it section. you need togo to the Help section. I reported it so one of our great mods should be moving it soon for you Wink

:happy8:A closed mouth gathers no foot. :smile:
resistance is futile you will be assimilated
evile420

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2007, 06:14:57 am »

sorry about posting in the wrong place place.

i tried enabling the CC like i did with the 2 other expansion sets i have (pets and seasons) and the buyable CC is still not there.  the dl are in the folder, and all the genetic and build items are there, only the buyable items are missing.

any ideas?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 06:48:44 am by evile420 » Logged

that is not dead which can eternal lie...  and given strange Aeons, even Death may die...
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2007, 06:57:38 am »

Try deleting groups.cache the the various Thumbnails
Nvenya

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2007, 04:52:11 pm »

Hmmm...I could be wrong here, but you might also try reinstalling CEP. Just a thought since you mentioned glowing blue stuff. Not sure about the mesh problem, but you aren't the only one experiencing it.
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2007, 01:04:55 am »

This means some cc are not compatible with BV.  You will need to clean-up your download folder and check for updates.
Rbecca74

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2007, 07:56:56 pm »

I'm sorry but I seem to have the exact same issue. no CC shows except Body shop and build. My furniture only shows if it is a recolor of a maxis original. I haven't tried deleting the groups.cache or the thumbnail files. Aren't those necessary?
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2007, 08:01:06 pm »

The game will regenerate both of those files.
trl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2007, 08:04:05 pm »

These files often become corrupt. The game will regenerate them the next time you load it. It is perfectly safe to delete groups cache, cigen and accessories. Don't delete the thumbnails folder, just the files inside it. Smiley

Sorry Ancient I type slow. LOL

sarajernigan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2007, 10:34:32 pm »

I've had the same problems with BV and my custom content. I thought I was going to have to do a restore on my computer for the day before I installed it. It was the biggest pain. Some of my cc hair & clothes worked, but nothing else did. I exited the game, restarted my computer, clicked enable custom content. Still blue stuff and nothing in buy mode. I decided just say Bon Voyage to BV for now and uninstalled it. Thank God I did a back up right before I installed it. I'll just wait for updates of my cheats/hacks/etc... oh and EA's patch to fix all the glitches everyone's talking about.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: