Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 06:20:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Change Lot Zoning  (Read 1791 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SusDK

View Profile
« on: September 17, 2007, 03:55:27 pm »

Hi all,
I had a note asking me to post something here, and this was a good opportunity for me to ask for help rather than keep searching for the answer.
I was wondering if someone could help me with this: I want to change a few community lots to residential lots. The cheat code changeLotZoning does change the lot, but when I move in my simmers the mail box doesn't appear and neither does my sims, although they show up when I point at the lot form the neighbourhood. Also, when I enter the lot - after moving in sims - the buy mode is gone.

Another problem I would like to solve is the floor limits. I have found some tutorials about adding an extra roof or something, I can't understand it - I'm not english. Besides, I've seen lots with 10 stories or more.

Hope someone can help
SusDK
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 04:36:38 pm »

Prior to Bon Voyage, you could download replacement mailboxes and trashcans from places like MTS2.  After converting a lot from commercial to residential, just place this on the lot and everything's good.

With BV and changes it did, I'm picking up vibes that these aren't working.  If you have BV, you'll just have to keep checking MTS2 to see if they've been updated.
SusDK

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 11:20:12 pm »

I do have replacements, but somehow they won't leave the buy-window and go to my cursor, if you know what I mean. Besides, my sims don't appear on the lot either.
SusDK
Sleepycat

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007, 07:19:13 am »

try buying the mailbox and trashcan while in Build mode

Crazy Town - home of my Sim stories & SC4 Terrains, Sims, hairy Skintones and some clothes & stuff.
Simbology
Lady Moiraine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2007, 09:44:25 pm »

Quote from: Sleepycat;940769
try buying the mailbox and trashcan while in Build mode

That doesn't work either.  

Quote from: SusDK;940466
I do have replacements, but somehow they won't leave the buy-window and go to my cursor, if you know what I mean. Besides, my sims don't appear on the lot either.
SusDK

The buyable mailbox/trashcan collection does not work for BV, that's why it can't be moved to the game.  I have been haunting sites hoping someone would update the buyable mailbox/trashcan.  I have all the BV lots in my lots bin and no mailbox to set by the door. :-|

Sleepycat

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2007, 07:28:43 am »

well I know the old mailbox and trashcan collection and the others don't work in BV but the OP never said if they had BV or not (and either Pets or Seasons broke them so you had to buy them in build mode)

twojeffs has been trying to get his buyable rewards collections working but hasn't had any luck so far. Hopefully someone learns the trick to it soon.

Crazy Town - home of my Sim stories & SC4 Terrains, Sims, hairy Skintones and some clothes & stuff.
Simbology
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: