Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 08:28:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: This game is kinda boring :(  (Read 19374 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
xangelx

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2007, 12:39:17 pm »

I actually quite like it, or at least the idea, however I am wishing that I'd never installed it.
One of my sims no longer works, which I still haven't got round to fixing and I miss SimPE.
I acutually have a question: If I uninstalled my game, is there anyway to save some of the characters (like copy their files) or would that not work?
Mihura

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2007, 01:30:10 pm »

Yes sure you can save before a reinstallation. All characters are in the My Documents / EA Games / The Sims 2 / Neighborhoods. But if you want to keep the aspect of these caracters you would have to save too the Downloads folder. The better is to save all the My Doc / ... Sims 2 folder in fact... Smiley
moonguy

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2007, 08:26:02 pm »

I held off getting BV for months! As like has been said, each expansion lacks alot of things that you would think should be included!
esp with BV -where are the beach towels?
When I got BV I couldn't make hotels or vacation homes but persisting finally could, Also finally updated my ram from only 246 (128 left for sims 2) to now 1 GB ram and this has sped the game up heaps.
The best thing about BV is the ocean waves and surf sounds and making a home near the beach next best thing to living there:)
AlbinoBambi

A.k.a. Ilse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2007, 12:15:31 pm »

Moonguy, they have beach towels when they sunbath, so that's good enough for me. Smiley

Why can't life be like The Sims, where you can control someone with just one click?

moonguy

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2007, 01:36:34 am »

Quote from: MissMus;1004794
I like the fact that your sims can actually swim in the sea now :angel:

Yep that part is good except when they get out, they float on the next storey
(when using objects on the ground floor?)
Kinda strange popping up in the air then back down again, must be another bug?
Firestar

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2007, 05:28:01 am »

This reminds me of a glitch I had once.  One of my sims was swimming in the pool then continued swimming all over the house, stopping only to walk upstairs or cook.  I had to get her to move out then back in to solve it.  Very weird.

Always trust your first initial feelings, Special knowledge holds true, Bares believing, I turned around, In the crystalline knowledge of you.
raiven426

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2007, 11:37:15 am »

The thing I like about Bon Voyage is the fact that you can now walk somewhere but I'm kinda disappointed about the activities you can do while on vacation.  But I do like the fact that you can now build a house on/near the beach
b@ mang

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2007, 05:39:08 pm »

Wells, I spent countless hours on home design and solidifying relationships; sometimes I feel my sim needs to really get away, lol.  Sure it's like a big community lot but the scenery rather helps.
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2007, 03:38:36 am »

I hated it, half my CC wouldn't work. Uninstalled/reinstalled still couldn't get some CC to show up. Not mod's or hacks. So played it for awhile didn't do a thing for me, went back to Season's and got rid of their spyware Securom. I have katy's boats and rafts that take me out into ponds/lakes. Don't know if I'll ever reinstall this one. I'm happy with Season's. This thing has to be the worst for bugs. I never experienced most the bugs other's did with the other EP's or they were bugs I could live with, this one made me want to pull my hair out.

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
CrossCountry

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2007, 11:34:50 pm »

If I ever got Bon Voyage - which I haven't yet - it would only be for the Beach option. That would be really useful in movies, but I have so much CC on my computer that I would hate to lose any of the stuff in my game. And if the overall review is that it's not even worth the money, then I might as well bypass this one and wait for the next.

For the Vacation expansion, the only thing that I actually enjoyed was building the lots. That might be the only thing I would look forward to doing in Bon Voyage. Getting to build a beach resort or something might be kind of cool. But in Vacation, my sims would get to the hotel and then I would kinda think... "Okay, now what?"

Maybe the next expansion could fix all those issues we are bringing up - being able incorporate all the EPs at the same time. Like, being able to build a business on a Bon Voyage lot, or have pets be able to come along with our sims on their vacations.

As of right now, it doesn't sound like Bon Voyage is worth the money, or the hassle. :sad1:

Joe Walsh. The Next President of the United States.
ravensunn
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2007, 11:56:57 am »

i hated vonvoyage too until i uninstalled it. then i noticed most of the stuff i used came from it. so far i dont like pets or university. i do like open for business and i just put in seasons so i haven't tried it out yet. i just hate the hair styles they have. and the ones i have down loaded on the net wont work. something else i wish the bodyshop was like the one in the sims 1
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2007, 08:10:14 pm »

I uually look at the packages in a whole - not one by one. there's things about each one I like (and yes, I have them all, except 2006 holiday - have 2005, and regret not waiting...wish they could make one this year, too - and I haven't installed teen stuff yet.)

as an example, I really like cars with nightlife, having pets ingame at all, the new toys with OFB, growing things/having snow from seasons, and many of the funny stuff from bon voyage (especially bigfoot, because it gave me a good idea for a story, and the ninjas - finally a use for those stupid costumes i never use from OFB, and makes me wonder if we'll see a purple gorilla in the next game).

I was also thinking "is this all?" after the first time I tried each game(mostly because I tried all the new stuff at once) , but because of the possibility to download custom content that often tend to use a little of each game, I'm happy to have all the games (and jumping on my chair for the new that comes in february).

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
JimenaRV

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2007, 06:13:46 am »

I think BV is the most boring EP of the Sims2
Nita-Chan

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 25, 2007, 09:54:45 pm »

Honestly, the only thing I like about it is~ -drumroll-

MOAR TURNONS. 8D
And now I can walk to community lots!?  HOT DAMN~!  -squeals and skips around-

The vacation aspect in itself I'm not too fond of though. Which is the whole reason I bought the game. xD;
Artistic Sims

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2007, 11:07:35 am »

I'm enjoying playing BV. As Nita-Chan says, it's good that we can now walk to community lots instead of having to wait for a taxi or to drive there. What I find the most fun is collecting vacation mementos and memories, and learning new greetings from the locals. It is quite hard to do (collecting), and I usually end up running out of time! The only disappointing thing that I find with it is the tours. Yes, we know that they go on them, but we don't see them on the tours! I think it would've been fun if they'd added a video of the tour that can be handed out so that you can play it back on the TV. Only something short, but I think it would've been really funny to have watched.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: