Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 08:16:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: This game is kinda boring :(  (Read 19272 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
chris626

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2008, 08:49:50 pm »

Jeez all these comments about BV have made me regret ever buying the EP. Ive had the game already for a while but ive been debating if i should or shouldnt install. I knew there was something up with this EP. As if seasons and cc havent slowed up the loading period:roll:
DiamonteGirl

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2008, 12:02:43 am »

I haven't bought Bon Voyage yet, and I don't want to!!
I only own The Sims 2, University, Nightlife, and Seasons...
And it's all good! The last Expansion Pack I'm ever going to get is Free Time but that's in February and it depends if I even like it or not!

Bon Voyage seems stupid to me...The holidays are awesome but I'd sctually want to do that in REAL LIFE!

The items seem cool and that's the ONLY reason I got University or Nightlife (sorta, I like YAs and Nightclubs) THE ITEMS!

Bon Voyage has too many bugs for me and I want ALL my Custom Contents!
I don't want sims hungry all the time or collapsing...Peeing on the floor for that matter all the time because they're too busy doing the slap dance with random, fuglies at the holiday resorts...Nu-Uh!

If you are looking for another EP, PLEAZZZ don't waste your money on Bon Voyage...It was just a filler until Free Time comes out! Get Seasons or H&M or wait until February for Free Time...Cause that's what I'MMA doing :king:

machia1978

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2008, 06:17:47 pm »

I like Bon Voyage ... I debated about getting it for quite sometime.  Once I finally decided I was going to get it.   I procrastinated for awhile as well.  Well ... I am glad I got it.  Finally, something more realistic going on in this game.  The parents in my game need breaks from time and time and WOW ... Now they can go on vacations, sit back and enjoy.  

I can walk to community lots ... wooowhoo!  I can also buy some of the items on the vacation lots at home ... Massage table, mahjong, dart piece, log roller etc ... I cannot figure out where the zen garden baby is but I read that it can be bought too.  I have just about all of the custom content/hacks that I previously had in my game.

One thing about it that I don't like or thought would actually make sense to have with this game.  Would be for the vacation days to actually be taken away from the sims vacation time they get from their jobs.

Their needs tend to go down quickly also during vacation or it could be just me.  They seem a little preoccupied with whatever they are doing and won't handle their business until it is way too late.

Minor bugs to be though ... I remember when seasons had it's bugs, pets etc ... it all worked itself out so that is cool.
kwazy Wabbit

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2008, 07:23:44 am »

I have'nt bothered to get BV EP as yet, and it looks like I may be better off saving my cash. It's all a question of "what do I get extra in the game for my cash." Besides, I'm still missing the university EP.

So what's the Pros and cons of this EP? :blob6:

As for putting in features that we really want too see.
I get the feeling it's all decided by comitee rather than asking the people who actually play and love the game. It's not like they don't know where to find us.

Aim for the Moon. Even if you miss, you'll still reach the stars. :jester:
ohjewgirl

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2008, 03:51:00 pm »

i like it for the most part, but i agree with you guys on how it becomes boring. i mostly enjoy it for the honeymoon option..a little more realism to the game i suppose. i don't really think it's much like vacation with updated graphics, i mean there's more stuff to do rather than just go to a hotel, swim, eat, go home... but with only 3 tours and a few outdoor activities, it gets EXTREMELY boring. i have yet to send any sims on vacation for longer than 3 days, there's nothing to do after a while. i always get really excited for any new EP, and i'm usually disappointed once i see what all is there to do, but oh well..

"Oh no, Mr. Donutman! Whose trying to kill you? I don't know...but they better not."
Ark_Sky

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2008, 03:57:03 pm »

Don't feel bad,I hate it too!(but not as much as Uni)it wasn't what I thought it would be.You can do almost anything you can do on vacations in your own home,that really brought it down for me. The only good thing about it is the enviroment.You can get some gorgeous photos with it because it provides for a nice backround =) that's about it.

ohjewgirl

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2008, 04:00:51 pm »

Quote from: kwazy Wabbit;1111801
I have'nt bothered to get BV EP as yet, and it looks like I may be better off saving my cash. It's all a question of "what do I get extra in the game for my cash." Besides, I'm still missing the university EP.

So what's the Pros and cons of this EP? :blob6:

As for putting in features that we really want too see.
I get the feeling it's all decided by comitee rather than asking the people who actually play and love the game. It's not like they don't know where to find us.
kwazy wabbit, here's my take on BV.

pros: honeymoon option makes the game more realistic (IMO), taking pictures is a lot of fun and putting the pictures in your house makes it more fun, i like the beaches and getting a tan, the jewelry and such, the photo album and souvenir racks are cute as well, and the *secret* lots are kinda neat the first go-around. the sauna is alright, the way woohoo appears in it is really weird-looking.

cons: well, of course..the size of the game may devour a computer if it's not up to the games standards, the townies from the vacation islands are hideous. the limited amount of stuff to do on vacation is annoying, but if you're just looking for a romantic getaway from your simmies, i think it's perfect. i also HATE the way that tvs are set up in hotel rooms, if my sims are relaxing on the bed about to woohoo, one of them turns on the tv, thus interrupting their slumber right after. talk about ANNOYING. the interior design of most of the hotel-type places is CHEAP. housekeeping never seems to come, either.

i guess there was more cons, but i really do love the game, althought i complain. it's a love-hate relationship. hope that helped! Smiley

"Oh no, Mr. Donutman! Whose trying to kill you? I don't know...but they better not."
wanturs

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2008, 01:16:57 pm »

PS  why CARNT we make Our  own hotels Huh?Huh?
Can some 1 help plz ty

you could in superstar and I spend ages doing  UP hotels .for sims
and i  hope sims 3 is like the  best of the best ....of the best
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 01:21:34 pm by wanturs » Logged
mizmudgie
Site Santa!

Yes...I bite.

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2008, 07:51:49 pm »

Quote from: wanturs;1273490
PS  why CARNT we make Our  own hotels Huh?Huh?
Can some 1 help plz ty

you could in superstar and I spend ages doing  UP hotels .for sims
and i  hope sims 3 is like the  best of the best ....of the best

Just make your hotel as a community lot...or residential....and bring up the cheat box (Ctrl+Shift+C) and type in-   changeLotZoning hotel  -and hit enter.

You can use this cheat to also create dorms on campus or change a residential to a commercial for a home restaurant business.  All with the proper EPs of course.:-P

If you want respect...SHOW RESPECT!!
tizerist

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2008, 01:10:06 am »

not the strongest EP I'll agree, not in the uni or seasons league, but the house building options become better with this one, and theres always three new sub-hoods (okay, sub-minihoods), new animations, and a break from the current climate. I like it overall.
AlbinoBambi

A.k.a. Ilse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2008, 01:01:13 pm »

To me, Uni is the weakest EP of all. Sooo freakin' boring and loooong! if it wasn't for the new items and interactions, I would've thrown it out a long time ago. After Uni we have Pets and OFB, and then there's BV, so it's not really low but not really high either on my list.
I do agree that it tends to get a bit boring sometimes, but there's still só much to do in the game that I don't really mind of one part bores me a bit sometimes.

Why can't life be like The Sims, where you can control someone with just one click?

hiiammregg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2008, 04:14:05 am »

hi

the best thing about it is the fact that your sims can live on the beach but i wish you could have smaller lots.

going on holiday is a bit boring

TeghieGal
« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2008, 10:39:18 am »

I also agrree, i thot it wasn't that good as an EP....so what i did was kinda think of it as a stuff pack Wink
desrae118

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2008, 10:44:11 am »

I must admit it was a bit of a disappointment, but I really had to get into it. I didn't like how it took a million years to load and I found it just a bit... well... flat. But then I discovered all those little things in it like those vacation memory things and the secret lots and stuff. I do wish it had better lots though and more things to do.

rockguitardevil

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2008, 09:30:56 pm »

I wouldn't say its completely boring I do like a lot of the new features and items but its not my favorite either. I never had a real problem with my game running slow so that was never an issue in me not liking it I personally just think there was a lot more they could of put in to it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: