Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 07:07:02 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: This game is kinda boring :(  (Read 18910 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Jazza0

View Profile
« on: September 21, 2007, 06:59:07 am »

I kno people disagree with me but i really cant help it..I mean going on holidays is great but its too much like the Vacation expansion pack for the first just with updated graphics...Sad. I really am a hard core sims gamer lol and lurve it but i just feel disappointed and i hate myself for it!! GRRR
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 07:32:35 am »

There's no reason to hate yourself for not liking an EP.  This EP, like the others, is something you can play at face value, or find little things in it that can fit into your style of play.  

Maybe your sim needs some skill ups or friends for a job promotion.  Besides the cheating method (download some object and set all your skills to max, download some hack and never run out of friends), before BV you had to take a couple days to get the skills and friend while still going to work.  With BV, you buy a vacation home, book a 3 day vacation right after you get home from work and get your skills and friends.  Come home, and it's the same time as when you left on vacation.  

Or maybe you want to have a romance or popularity aspiration beach bum that doesn't hold a job because it interferes with that lifetime aspiration.

Look under the surface.
imogen.3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 06:25:58 am »

I agree i find it kinda boring and am disappointed. I thought it would have more exciting stuff. I can build better buildings than what they have. If we could access the stuff they used and it was available in normal mode instead of holiday mode it would be better. Their destinations are really not very interesting. So that's 2 of us not as happy as we thought we'd be!
SuperFake

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2007, 11:09:53 am »

Three;)
Instead of behaving like idiots some times, they are behaving now like idiots 24 hours a day, starving and peeing on the floor because they have to dance and tai-chi and all the other wonderful stuff they learnde on vacation- and it's spreading like a plague through the whole neighbourhood. And it's a real cheap EP- there's no expansion in the game, you've seen all that before, - only because it happens in a new neighbourhood and costs much more simoleons, it's nothing new. I like the beaches, that's the only thing I find useful.
I'm really angry because- as usual- you can't play the other expansions anymore. No pets allowed, no buisiness allowed, I wonder that it's possible to date there, but who wants to do that with those ugly thing running around- cheap made as everything there.

What I also got are really interesting, exciting new bugs and errors. For only 29,99€! Great.
SuperFake

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2007, 11:51:45 am »

I forgot one thing- after two years, after running mad and hating the game, they've stopped the phone terrorism starting at 4 pm: People calling and telling you that they have no time to speak with you right now. That's great.
Jazza0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2007, 04:42:58 am »

I like some of the new options dont get me wrong but this expansion just isnt right..Buggy as h**l
bre

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2007, 04:56:48 am »

Don't feel badly for not liking it. That happens sometimes... it isn't a bad thing if you don't like it. Wink I find it a little boring too, but I like it well enough I suppose. Eh.

Me on MTS2

(2nd) -  Olka Koval Wedding Makeover (tied), Newlyweds with Erica and David-Jacob, A Family Christmas with The Feldmans
(3rd) - Betty Goldstein Makeover
DokiePlayer
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2007, 09:32:16 am »

I had the same problem with Pets ,all the time I was thinking ,hurray Pets is coming!! and when I finally bought it it was like : That's it ?:icon9:
Jazza0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2007, 09:48:13 am »

Ive enjoyed most of the EP's back Maxis or whoever makes the game needs to sit down and think about what everyone wants in a game. Plus heal all bugs or at least some or even most of em
suanni

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2007, 07:40:34 pm »

Haven't bought the expansion as yet. I'm very undecided cos I absolutely detested Vacation. And reading these threads I'm going more on not buying it.
So truly is this just Vacation with updated graphics?
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2007, 09:57:45 am »

When I bought Bon Voyage, I found it as nothing new from the original Vacation exp pack for Sims 1 with maybe one or two new features - owning vacation homes and walking to other lots right away without having to wait for a taxi.

I was a little disappointed that they forgot to put some real stuff into BV like clam bakes, lauau (sp?) buffets, volcanoes (yes, that would be fun seeing it in the neighborhood) to name a few to give each vacation destination that unique cultural feeling..

With all these expansion packs they rolled out so far, I was hoping that the next one would bring what the game lacked sorely for kids - playground sets, treehouses, stuff for KIDS. Yeah, fun stuff for children instead of some dinky little toyboxes, remote controlled toys, dollhouses, stuffed toys and swing sets....

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
BrokenPrincess

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2007, 04:16:46 pm »

Wow, this thread has really put me off buying Bon Voyage - i didn't think that the original Vacation exp. was that bad, but this seems really disappointing.

Save me from myself.
BrokenPrincess
seapup

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2007, 04:50:47 pm »

I like BV. I love the option to "walk to", and I like that my rich sims can own more than one residential lot. the game has run bug free for me.
Sleepycat

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2007, 09:47:31 am »

it's what you make of it... I love BV and consider it worth buying even if you never take any sims on vacation.

Crazy Town - home of my Sim stories & SC4 Terrains, Sims, hairy Skintones and some clothes & stuff.
Simbology
xoJessi

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2007, 02:16:32 pm »

I'm not in love with it either! So don't feel bad. We all have EPs we like and don't like.

My Sims Journal/Photo Album Come see what my sims are up to!

Real Sims
Sims Oasis
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: