Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 12:27:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: This game is kinda boring :(  (Read 19375 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
dnog86

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2007, 09:43:14 pm »

I think that the expansion is ok. The problem is that Maxis is not giving us complete new things, it´s just copying the sims 1. So it would be interesting to find out if they´re going to create something new (really new) for the sims 2.
Tomkat

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2007, 09:27:43 am »

It is a little disappointing yeah... but I didn't go into it expecting much anyway, so Im all kinds of mellow.  The beaches are cool, I like that... and the new buy/build mode stuff is also very usable, nothing in primary colours only like the EA monkeys usually give us.

Also: Accessories is "nice"....considering: not a huge range, and the new face piercing options only available to adults.... even though teenagers would have benefited 100% more from them.

...and of course the annoyances.  Tai-Chi, chanteys, greetings, "dances"... those have sent a few over enthusiastic sims to their early deaths before InSIm came along with the option to remove the "skill".

Sauna's and massage tables...a nice touch yeah.. but there's no real place for them in my game.  I dont see myself ever using them.  Maybe one day Ill create a "spa" business.  But I have no interest in that yet.

Im 50/50 on BV
Big_imagination

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2007, 04:00:07 am »

I know what you mean. I started playing it and felt a little disappointed. But i don't think i played it enough.....i think i might like it
duchesse95

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2007, 04:32:02 am »

hi

i even don't know if it is good or not,since i can't play with it
the game just don't work with the downloads
i am very disappointed and:angryfir:
Jazza0

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2007, 07:19:21 am »

Custom content is fine in the game but the vacation is like staying at a normal house with a sea
missaaliyah

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2007, 07:26:28 am »

Well as it takes longer to go from lot to lot, I do find myself feeling bored with the game, so that when I take out my mobile and listen to music, make some coffee/tea get a drink, etc..  When you get back the lot has just loaded and ready to play.
shunt71
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2007, 12:21:46 pm »

I've been playing BV for about 3 weeks now and have had no problems with any of it other than slight freezes now and then. I'm very happy with it so far and the vacation homes are awesome because you don't have to pay all that money per day to stay in a hotel.
DocFX

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2007, 02:14:04 pm »

Hmmm, is 'BV' boring? - this is a toughie...

As long as you've already got the vast majority of the other EP's enabled, then I'd say it's an 'OK' addition to your Sim's World - there are some nice features in there.

However, playing it via Numenor's "AnyGameStarter" utility with only a couple of the EP's enabled - I did find it quite limited, and yes! - boring in places, especially without 'Seasons' enabled.

So, the bottom line is - you pays your money, you makes your choice!...

Just one more go!.. Wink
nuttyspiritual

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2007, 06:19:37 pm »

I agree it is kind of boring but i enjoy BV its a shame they didnt put more into it cultural wise etc... but i use all the cheats and have heaps of fun i think its what u put into it and how u make it that makes the game ive created my own towns and fun but it is dissapointing to but i do like it i love the sims2 all of my custom content works only prob i found installing BV is my hair, eye, skin tones and colors wont work now grrr but everything else does
as for pets i havent reinstalled that what a waste of time that was a really dissapointing EP i think the one in sims 1 was more interesting than this one it really annoys me the pets one and it slows the game down heaps
~Crysta~

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2007, 09:17:31 pm »

i am 50/50 on the subject...my computer was nice and happy with everything (all eps) and then i had to get BV it slowed my computer down so much it was almost impossible to play, even on the smallest of lots it lagged quite a bit but then i did the unthinkable and uninstalled it for about a month because i got so peved over it. then my bestest friend came over one day and we re-installed it (im a softie Smiley) and now it works fine...

and i am quite happy about it and there is something really big you can do, and that is find the secret lots ive done one and i am looking forward to doing the other two and learning all these new things....everyone is complaining that BV is not up to scatch and yea i can understand but you gotta have patients...look forward to getting those momentos and sharing the new 'skills' with your other sims.

thats all i gotta say lol

{ $ If Money Is Runing Your Life, Send It To Me And I Will Suffer For You $ } Cheesy
Sophiaa

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2007, 12:40:42 pm »

Quote from: missaaliyah;989411
Well as it takes longer to go from lot to lot, I do find myself feeling bored with the game, so that when I take out my mobile and listen to music, make some coffee/tea get a drink, etc..  When you get back the lot has just loaded and ready to play.

haha i do the exact same thing when lots are loading coz they take the pee on mine. Bon voyage just made the waiting longer...meaning my phone needed more music and my charger needed to be closer.

BiscuitTheGreat

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2007, 05:18:38 pm »

Put custom music in your game and it'll play that as it loads Wink
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2007, 05:19:02 am »

*just returned from debugging the BV expansion on a friend's system*

Well, I have to agree with missaaliyah here.  About the only addition of any merit is the swim-able sea -- it appears the mongs at EA learnt nothing from the defects and player dissatisfaction of the Vacation EP for the original game.  Both are probably equally buggy and insipid, but thankfully the hideous, piss-poor, annoying theme mascots are largely absent from Bon Voyage.

Also, I agree in part with DocFX here, the enjoyment of BV hinges largely on the presence of Nightlife & Seasons EPs, the rest of the EPs you can totally avoid with no appreciable loss; but this speaks more to the benefits of Nightlife and Seasons than to anything dealing with Bon Voyage.

Also, nuttyspiritual is right, unless you have some unaccountable obsession with digital pets, the Pets EP is a total waste of time and money, and does nothing to help Bon Voyage performance.

So the final analysis I have formed is "Thanks, but no" -- I can survive without adding swim-able seas.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Firestar

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2007, 07:04:16 am »

I've got to say that after everything I have gone through to get this damn ep to work, I haven't found it as good as I'd hoped.  Sent one of my couples on a romantic weekend with the intention of getting them wed in a romantic setting, for example.  Didn't work out.  beach front, camp fire, nice accomodation and guess what?  No option to get wed.  Had a honeymoon with no wedding.  Still, after attempts to rectify issues with driver downloads, defragging disks, unloading and reloading I now have all my issues apparantly solved.  How?  Well, hubbie wanted a laptop for his new college courses and my two year old Evesham is a very well spec'd machine that more than meets his needs, so for three hundred pounds more than his budget I have got myself a lovely new one with a Ge8800 graphics card and 320 gig of memory.  Only thing I'm unsure about is that it runs on Vista, which is fine except that the SimsPack downloads install very slowly and have a tendency to hang up.  Thanks to everyone in this site who helped me and gave me advice.  With all this I'm actually starting to get a bit computer literate.  I love my new laptop.  Oops.  Geasy fingers.  Where's that duster?:happy8:

Always trust your first initial feelings, Special knowledge holds true, Bares believing, I turned around, In the crystalline knowledge of you.
Firestar

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2007, 07:14:34 am »

Hi Tomkat, you didn't think you would use the massage tables, but they are one of the things I like.  Ok, so I'm an aromatherapist.  Don't like the restrictions on who seems to be get a massage, though.  For example I massaged my son when he had colic and when he was in pain from an illness when he was young.  Also, after watching the extent of the massages and the technique - that's not much of a swedish massage - I think that they are way overpriced!

Always trust your first initial feelings, Special knowledge holds true, Bares believing, I turned around, In the crystalline knowledge of you.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: