Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 12:11:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it still my video card?? :(  (Read 3797 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
PandorasSecret

View Profile
« on: September 21, 2007, 03:28:20 pm »

I have all the games for sims 2 and patches installed, except FFS. When I play up to seasons I have absolutely no issues... I have more than enough hard drive space (way more), I have over a gig of ram, etc etc... That is not the issue. What is, is my video card (I think). I used to run a GeForce 6600LE, and my gameing experience with the sims was horrible, I couldn't run FFS or OFB it would do weird stuff, but I recently installed a new video card, the GeForce 8600 GTS plus I have the new driver nvidia released (162.18 forceware blah blah blah). OMG IT WORKED!! I could put back in OFB, and the game played perfectly!! I was AMAZED, this is Sims 2 with everything up to seasons... Then I decided to add BV... Then it crashed 3 times... I only tried playing 3 times... SO I uninstalled it. It would run fine as long as I wasn't combining actions. In otherwords I could make a family, but if I tried to put them on a lot and build a house it would crash. I could build a house, but if I tried to play the lot it would crash... Should I wait to see it the patch would fix this issue, or should I just not bother with BV?
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 04:43:05 pm »

Do not duplicate post. If you have an issue with the game then placing your thread in the BV help section was proper. Placing here as well is inconsiderate. Someone will answer your question. Just give it time.

EDIT: Are you playing BV with your original hacks in gameplay? If so remove them and check to see which have been certified compatible with BV. Crashes are invariably related to added incompatible content.

It is possible that some of your object D/Ls are corrupt or incompatible as well. You need to do some research here in the threads and on your own.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 04:47:49 pm by jinyc » Logged

Joey the Whinernator

http://www.insimenator.net/
PandorasSecret

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 10:59:45 pm »

sorry I duplicated the post... I actually posted here first then realized it was in the wrong place, I wasn't trying to be impatient...

I don't have any hacks in my game, and only a few custom content, which I did remove for some time to check if it was that... And it wasn't...

I only wanted to know whether I should even bother with BV, since it seems to not be compatable with my video card... Same as the game used to be with my older card the 6600LE.

I have researched this issue on both this forum and on the sims 2 forum, and didn't find anyone having posted who had the same video card as I did...

Sorry again
sweetswami77

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2007, 12:53:49 pm »

I have the same video card, and mine is crashing, too.  Not right away, but I'm getting less and less play time in before the crash happens.  (And I've removed all CC from my Downloads folder.)  I'm wondering if it's memory.  My system has tons of it, but, as I understand it, the memory allocated to the video card may be lacking.  There's a way to change the setting for it, but I don't know how.  I'm going to look into it.  

Anyhow, I hope you find the answer to your problem!

:)SS
PandorasSecret

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2007, 07:50:09 pm »

Heehee seems to be the same problem... Hopefully we can find a solution for it Smiley

PS
Mihura

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2007, 01:17:45 pm »

It's an Nvidia (good) card. Maxis seems to be working on a patch. Wait and see so. Wink
phoenix_risin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2007, 02:51:46 pm »

I have the 8600 but mine is a GT.
 I have not had any problems I did have lagging badly the more trips I went on. That was due to the whole character file issue
I reinstalled them all and added the fixes from MATY and I have had no more lag.
I have only crashed once that was due to bad downloads though. Something by Steffor I just yanked all her stuff out of the game. I got sick of looking for it. Well them as it was more than one that was causing the problems.

Have you tried possibly turning back your drivers to the one you had before the newest ones?
PandorasSecret

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2007, 03:39:42 pm »

Thank you everyone. I hope the Maxis patch works, I would really love to try the BV. I haven't tried turning my drivers back so maybe I'll try that next too. I didn't want to try because the new drivers that Nvidia released were supposed to be just for the gaming problems they have had and are supposed to fix that...
thanks again Smiley
Symanteco

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2007, 10:24:26 am »

Go into the USERPROPS.XML file in the CONFIG directory and using notepad and change this line:

If the number value is greater than 4 (like 5 or more) change it to 4.

See if this eliminates your problem.  The low end 8 series cards can't handle anti-aliasing greater than 4 in the Sims BV.  Don't adjust your EDGE SMOOTING control from within the game (leave it alone once you make this change).
Mihura

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2007, 03:48:48 pm »

Yes true Ammguillen. I have had too many problems with an Nvidia card and the Sims 2. Now I'm with ok (ati) and I haven't any problem *touch wood*. tongue

But I wonder why. Nvidia don't have to be "incompatible" with this game in principle. :roll:
tootle54

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2007, 09:33:30 am »

Well I am finally getting to play and I mean play happy since installing the new driver 162.18.....No more blue screen, black screen crashes, my graphics are so much better now....I can't believe it.....my game has never looked so good since the time I first installed just the sims 1....I am toatally amazed with how the colors are and everything in the game so sharp since chaing to this driver...I have even been able to add way more custom items...oh and the new driver has helped me be able to enjoy the stereos in the game.....before everytime I put one in a house and the sims turned it on...it got so slow that I could hardly scroll to be able to get the sims to turn it off and then remove it.....

But I have BV sitting here with me wanting to install it so much ........but I am finally being able to play my game so well and really enjoying it like it was meant to be played after all this time that I am to afraid to try installing BV
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 09:37:21 am by tootle54 » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: