Insimenator.org
April 23, 2024, 09:31:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sims don't do anything  (Read 2128 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
summer_wine

View Profile
« on: September 21, 2007, 07:21:02 pm »

I just noticed this recently but my sims don't do anything unless i command them to. freewill is on.

this is really strange because they don't even do the idle anims that they used to even when when freewill was turned off.

has this happened to anyone else? i haven't downloaded new hacks, btw. thanks

The Price of Redemption ~My Sim Story! Check it out!
CynaraBlade

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 07:40:13 pm »

It's possible you have downloaded something which is causing a jump bug in your game. Switch on "boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true", and an error message should pop up (be warned, you're probably going to get stacks of them if you have got a jump bug!). As you get the error messages, documents will appear in the Logs folder which the game will generate (EAGames/The Sims 2/Logs, under My Documents). You can determine what is causing the jump bugs by reading the reports, so you can remove the culprit file. Meshes have been known to cause jump bugs as well.

That's all I can suggest, as I've had the same problem myself, and it ultimately turned out a bed mesh I had downloaded was causing the jump bugs in my game rather than a hack.

:blob6:
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 08:40:39 pm »

That or you have a mod which is not compatible with the bv ep.  Many needs update.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2007, 10:53:43 pm »

Babies aren't compatible.  Cheesy

Actually I've noticed I'll have sims standing around more when there are infants and toddlers in the house than not.  Even if someone else is doing something with the little ones, teens and older must get the thought "I can't do anything with that kid right now, but as soon as that other sim stops I'll own that kid."  And this is without anything in the action queue, kinda like there's an unseen queue that's blocking anything else from happening.
nova-storm

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2007, 11:32:57 pm »

Quote from: ancienthighway;946515
Babies aren't compatible. Cheesy

lmao!! where wereyou to tell me that 13years ago!

:happy8:A closed mouth gathers no foot. :smile:
resistance is futile you will be assimilated
summer_wine

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2007, 04:56:48 am »

i'll try that cynara. thanks. Smiley

The Price of Redemption ~My Sim Story! Check it out!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: