Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 06:22:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I wonder how room cost is calculated?  (Read 5258 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« on: September 22, 2007, 06:47:50 am »

I have build several hotels and motels in my game and I wondered how rooms cost calculated? I built some scruffy motels for 3 lakes and the room cost was still kinda high, like 500 to 600 simoleons a piece.  I don't have a guide and wondered if anyone has a link to that information or may have a few pointers to help me lower the cost for my college sims to go on vacation. Thanks for any help I can get.  I don't want to cheat but I use Monique's Bank Computer, for a loan so my sims have debts.  I just don't want them to have too large a debt by the time they graduate. Just the way I play. LOL Cheesy

Oops, forgot to ask. How can I get some of my custom made beds in the community lots? I can't use them to make my rooms cheaper.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 06:50:09 am by lewisb40 » Logged

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
Mihura

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2007, 07:19:52 am »

I haven't any idea how the rooms cost is calculed Lewis. I've heard that the furniture employed modulate it but... I haven't try to build an hotel.

However you can maybe use the changelotzoning code for transform your hotel in a normal lot, buy your custom stuff and use the code again. Wink
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2007, 12:27:39 pm »

That's a thought, hmmm. Thanks Mihura.

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
Sable S21

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2007, 12:51:47 pm »

I thought it was depending how much the furniture costs in the room and how many pieces there are.

If you had a cheap bed, cheap table and chair as aposed to an expensive bed, bed side table, TV etc that there would be a huge price difference.

:: Do you play on a Xbox 360?
want to join a friendly clan? Veteran Elite ::

:: If you're a female gamer join V E's
growing sister clan Vixen Elite ::
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2007, 02:20:49 pm »

I used the cheapest maxis bed, and 1 simoleon wallpaper and some custom cheap tables and chairs, along with a very cheap tv in the rooms, still it was kinda high. The room may have reduced 75 simoleons.  I have some cheaper, custom beds, but cannot access them in the community lot buy mode. I am gonna try Mihura's idea and see if I can get a difference.

Mihura

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2007, 03:38:31 pm »

Maybe the surface of the rooms form a part of the price too. Have you test without furniture just the expanse ? Arf, I hope you will be able to lower the price of your (nice) hotels Lewis. Smiley
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2007, 05:04:55 pm »

Other amenities on the lot will play into the cost of the room too.  Beach lots are probably more expensive that regular lots. Swimming pools, saunas, etc all are most likely factored in.
fytj

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2007, 06:41:04 pm »

The price of your custom stuff might be cheaper but the fun, comfort and stuff tend to be quite high so maybe that also adds to the price.
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2007, 06:53:28 pm »

I just finished rehabbing a motel with custom walls and furniture, even plumbing that's cheaper. It brought the total cost of the lot down by 30k simoleons. I am about to test it to see how much the rooms cost now. I was only able to access one of my cheaper custom beds through community buy/build mode, I guess because it's cloned from a maxis bed. It was only 100simoleons cheaper than the country beds from seasons.  I couldn't access the cheap maxis bed, because they are hacked for more comfort.  Oh well, I have a wish for somebody to mod, making residential items available in the community buy/build mode. At least all the beds.  Funny, I had a bed in one of the collections files, and was able to click on it and pick a design. When trying to place it, it disappeared. LOL! Should've figured that out since it was grayed out in the thumbnail. Cheesy

Oh yeah, I couldn't change the lot zoning to residential either. I tried several ways, ie changing to community then change to residential, etc. No can do.  I have another idea of lodging, so I will try making it residential first then make it community and so on.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 06:57:13 pm by lewisb40 » Logged

fytj

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2007, 07:17:11 pm »

Changing the lot zoning IS possible, I've done it myself. But the thing is; after you've put in the cheat, you have to exit to neigbourhood view and then enter the lot again. The normal residential objects will then be available. Build your hotel as you like, change lot zoning to hotel and save. As soon as you exit and enter again, it will be a hotel!  Wink
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 07:43:29 pm by fytj » Logged
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2007, 11:40:44 pm »

This method worked. I have to start off a new lot as residential. Once I was finished building, used cheat "moveobjects on" removed the mailbox and put a community lot payphone in. Then "changeLotZoning hotel" I was able to use many of the things from the residential side.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: