Insimenator.org
April 24, 2024, 02:17:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Custom Beach Lots Making my Game Crash  (Read 3971 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
gali

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2008, 02:33:25 am »

I suggest you to read about Beach Lots here:

http://laverwinklesims.com/index.php?topic=707.0
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2008, 03:15:26 am »

At least you're still able to place them and enter. I went into my game last night and tried to install several of my favorite houses. Most worked but all the ones with any water whatsoever, swimming pools, lakes, fake beach property crash to desktop when I try to enter them. I moved them out when I installed BV, but I'm getting the sneaky feeling I'll have to do the same thing I did with Uni. Delete them all and then re-install them. Thank you Ancient, Shanow for the information and Jinyc for the update.

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2008, 03:52:21 pm »

Gali, thanks for the link! Happily, Twikkii has never been a problem for me as all lots there were new and not "reused." Twikkii functioned beautifully so I never knew that beach front lots could not be reused. Whatever!

The one thing that annoys me to the Maxis is that EAxis, to the best of my knowledge and snooping, has never stated the lot anomalies for either UNI or BV. When I found that Bluewater was rich with beachfront availability, I plopped down my Three Lakes home in 6 places on one side and built a new lot (and reused it) on the other.

I was initially convinced (as we always advise here) that I had a hack that was causing the swimless problem...but how, as my game has been hack sanctioned okay for months?Huh?Huh?? Oops, came here and discovered ShanOw's wise words. Now I am building again (and hating it so).

Diana, pre-BV I re-installed my games as we had bought a new PC; I had saved my old beloved houses as S2P's, added them back and had no problem, Well, one prob...a house that is in game and working fine after re-installation, crashed the next time I tried using it elsewhere for a different family [again, pre-BV]). There's no real explanation as the house does work fine with the original family. Three other old houses are working on different lots with no problems.

All of the old lots were placed before BV so I wonder if the "water" theory will prove a problem now that BV is installed? Time, and a future update, will tell!

Joey the Whinernator

http://www.insimenator.net/
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: