Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 08:05:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Custom Beach Lots Making my Game Crash  (Read 3979 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Ulario

View Profile WWW
« on: September 22, 2007, 04:00:10 pm »

So, here's  the deal.  I've downloaded several beautiful beach front residential lots for my sims to live in, but whenever I try to load them up, they crash my game.  Does anyone know how to fix this?

"We're going to explode?  I don't wanna explode!" - Jayne Cobb, Serenity
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2007, 05:21:27 pm »

Delete the custom lot.
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2007, 05:55:36 pm »

Whao, Ancient, don't hold back!!!!!

Ulario, Ancient is right. Unless you have already tested these S2P lots with Clean Installer, it is very likely they contain (most likely unintentionally) objects or even MODs not compatible with BV.

You must always be so careful with any Sims2Pack you are putting into your game.

Joey the Whinernator

http://www.insimenator.net/
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2007, 06:12:58 pm »

I wasn't thinking so much in terms of incompatible objects/mods/hacks but in terms of the lot itself.  It looks like beach lots are very finicky objects.   Even houses or community property built using BV  and beach lots won't always import properly to other BV installations.

On top of that you have several talented builders that have been able to simulate beach front property that's actually placed on the normal property lots.  Those definitely are not compatible with placement as a BV beach lot.

There's a number of island .sc4 terrains available also.  However, care must be taken in using those and deciding because it is an island, it can handle the beach lots.  That's not true.  The road has to be a set distance from the water front.  If an empty beach lot from in game can be placed at a given location, theoretically an uploaded BV beach lot should work there.  It's not always true.  

Until the community can develop marking standards saying a lot is BV Beach Lot compatible, the only recommendation I'll give is delete the offending lot.
Ulario

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2007, 07:43:03 pm »

Well, I think I've figured out what the problem is.  This only seems to happen when I move a beach side house to a different location.  I think I can handle things from here.  Thanks guys.

"We're going to explode?  I don't wanna explode!" - Jayne Cobb, Serenity
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2007, 03:49:43 pm »

Okay, two stupid questions:

1. A beachfront house that I built for 3 Lakes I also used in Bluewater. Will that cause problems?

2. A new beachfront that I added to Bluewater will cause problems?

I ask only because the new properties in Bluewater are unoccupied for the moment. I used the beach lots to make the builds. I guess I have to test and see! Oy vey Maria.

EDIT The reused houses are working as they should. No problems!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 02:20:01 pm by jinyc » Logged

Joey the Whinernator

bizzygirl71

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2007, 12:05:56 am »

That also happened to me I. deleted the lot.

I would rather be laughing with the sinners, than crying with the saints:blob6:
tylersada

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2007, 08:27:30 am »

I've noticed some issues also.  Until now I have built a house and put it in my bin to store it, then place it wherever I want to test it.  Doing this now causes some odd interactions such as discolorations of the lot views from the neighborhood view etc.  I haven't had anything crash yet but this is good to know.

Sims Mommy
trl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2007, 02:22:47 pm »

I am having this happen as well. Just a thought, if the beach lots are created in the BV neighborhood template, such as Twikkii Island, would they still cause a problem? Some of my downloaded beach lots work with no problem and others will crash. I am wondering if the lots created in a custom neighborhood are the ones causing issues. Hmmm...any thoughts on this?

loopsydoo

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2007, 11:04:28 pm »

My game crashed with a downloaded beach lot.  I deleted it but the crashing is still happening.  It did not crash prior to this download.  I have deleted the lot and any possible hanger on's concerning this lot, IE the furniture, objects and even wallpaper that came with it but the crashing continues.

A reinstall do you think?

Kind regards
ShanOw

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2007, 03:16:21 am »

beach lots can NOT be placed in the lot bin. It causes them to corrupt and the beach is no longer swimable. The problem where your game crashes is caused in beach lots that have been downloaded and installed using any tool other than the bodyshop installer. The best option would be a re-install.

Janis2005

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2007, 09:53:51 am »

How do you use Bodyshop installer to install downloaded lots? I always Clean Installer. I thought Bodyshop was for creating clothes.
trl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2007, 10:51:22 am »

I think ShanOW meant the Sims2Pack custom content installer that comes with the game instead of clean installer. Smiley

jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2008, 04:31:58 pm »

Quote from: ShanOw;990827
beach lots can NOT be placed in the lot bin. It causes them to corrupt and the beach is no longer swimable. The problem where your game crashes is caused in beach lots that have been downloaded and installed using any tool other than the bodyshop installer. The best option would be a re-install.

Yea! I found my answer!

Eons ago I built a beach front house for Three Lakes. I added it to the bin and placed it on 3 beach lots there. I have only one sold to a family so I know it works.

When I discovered that I could place beach lots in Bluewater I went wild. I placed the mountain beach lot in 6 locations on one side of BW Village and built  a new property on the other side.

(I am so long winded) I had a family buy one of the tranferred mountain beach lots and was so frustrated because I could not get any family member to swim in the lake or ocean.

I have to check the lot that was built for BW to see if the problem is only specific to imported (binned) lots built on vacation destinations. If the swimming option is available for lots built for  only for Bluewater then I think it proves that beach front lots can be binned and used only within the community that they are built in. I am hoping that this is the case.

This problem may be similar to the one created with UNI.  If House Lots built in a UNI community were binned and placed in Veronaville, Pleasantview etc. any UNI graduated Sim placed in that lot would not age. Vice versa, lots built in regular communities will cause problems if used in a UNI community.

Input please!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 04:45:17 pm by jinyc » Logged

Joey the Whinernator

jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2008, 07:47:25 pm »

It's official (I should have listened to ShanOw). While you can bin beachfront lots, only the first one you place will work properly. If you place it again you will not have the swim option. Beachfront lots from Three lakes or Twikkii will not work in Bluewater. Now I have to see if the beach house I built in Three lakes and placed on three different lots will work. I still have not placed families in lots two and three. I ahve a funny feeling that they will not work. Fingers crossed.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 03:59:04 pm by jinyc » Logged

Joey the Whinernator

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: