Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 05:37:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Were did you get your sim names from?  (Read 22021 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
underoath222

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2008, 09:14:33 pm »

I have two neighborhoods right now, medieval, and modern. The medieval one is celtic themed, so I search for old celtic names. I really like Siobhann, or Aodh & Damhlaic. I think the different names really give a cool unique feel to the sims. And the modern ones, I  generally use names I like or names that are common, that the average person has. Because I like a bit of realism in my game.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 09:16:09 pm by underoath222 » Logged
Tomkat

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2008, 07:20:16 am »

TV mostly, but actually when I hear a cool name I remember it.
I usually watch TV and play at the same time (when I play, otherwise it gets boring), so whenever the show or movie ends and the credits roll Id read that and see if any names stand out.
spiderviveka

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2008, 11:21:22 pm »

Quote from: heidi_aston;1288108
I know it's really sad but I usually get my Sims names from a baby name book thats on my computer desk.
It's really helpful if your stuck on a name. Also the names in the book I have are a little weird and they give the meaning and origin of the name.

I do the exact same thing! Well... for my human sims, at least. And I don't have an overabundance of humans these days. For my alien sims (the majority of my sims) I just make them up. Sometimes I use the names of various bit-part Star Trek characters for inspiration.

I also sometimes randomly pick names from the phone book. I especially love the foriegn names.

Maggots are just flies in sleeping bags.
aqua-sheep
Plaid Freak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2008, 08:42:10 pm »

They're my imaginary friends Cheesy Mostly just names I like or ones I find interesting...
lonleyma1000

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2008, 06:50:23 am »

i name them off the top of my head or what i would name my kids

laugh a little louder, smile a little larger, dream a little further, love a little extra and live a little happier! Cheesy
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2008, 07:12:55 am »

^^ I tend to do the very same thing.  I did it with my main two sims really, mostly because of the back stories behind them, and they were the first names out of my head that suited both of them to a 'T'.  :lol:  

But in actuality, most of the names I've come up with in the past are different spellings of names and nicknames of people I know of, or names I've always liked... and with each name comes a part of that person's personality, which makes them seem like their name describes some of what they are.  :smile bi:  Seeing my sims by any other name from their original is kinda awkward, but interesting, though.  :angel:

Annoree

Check out my new site!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2008, 07:20:02 am »

Lately I've been using http://www.behindthename.com/  - I type in a meaning at the top and it comes up with names that mean the same.

Or I just make up words and change the spelling until it looks right.

Smiley

15 April 2010:  Hey everyone!  I'm sorry to disappear for a while.  My life got busy.  My new site where I will host all my uploads is http://annoree.blogspot.com  ^_^
verenaheu

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2008, 07:46:12 am »

Where I work, we get some spam, they have some really cool names there!:smt106

I work at a museum, when our exhibitions change, I pick some of the artists names, which are so far out, also!:tongue5:

The full sims that I download keep the names their creators gave them, if they don´t have surnames, I name them after the creator!:love4:

But sometimes, I just take the first name which pops up in my head, like from a friend or a collegue, or a mixture of both...:flower:
stardrog

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2008, 05:35:38 am »

mmm..... I mostly create fantastic names or use names from celebs, cartoons..... and others...

BEST FARMER OF THE YEAR NOW OPEN!!!!

I would love to be your judge...just pm me
icequeen6767

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2008, 08:15:58 pm »

I usually name them after people I know or look in the phone book, hehe. xD

Call me Alyssa :]
ClairMunster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: August 06, 2008, 01:27:09 pm »

I usualy use my friend's names, or my personal favorite.. the yearbook. :]]
chibymethos

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2008, 02:40:03 am »

I have about 6 baby name books that I use. I try to keep a theme to the names--father's name begins with ---so will the son's, ect. But most times, it's just whatever catches my eye while I flip through the book.

:spanish:
chelsey151

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 08, 2008, 03:10:05 am »

I normally take normal names, for example: Taylor or Sophia and then i change the spelling, to Tayhla or Sofia, i also use websites and unusual names! x
DarkAmaranth

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 10, 2008, 09:31:05 am »

I use the names of my favorite fictional characters from film and television as well as the real names of friends, favorite celebs, family etc.. a few likw Alma, Galaxy, Autum, Summer and Zetta I just like so I use them in almost every town I play.
cmserene

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2008, 11:05:15 am »

I use a baby name book!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  

Jump to: