Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 05:17:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Were did you get your sim names from?  (Read 21896 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
joswan

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2008, 02:11:07 pm »

I use easy names like Craig, Dan, Ben, Jhon..the hardest part is the last name, well actually I careless with my sims character names tongue
Trepie22

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 17, 2008, 03:30:17 pm »

Hey^^
I always use the same names at least once per neighbourhood, and occasionally I find a new one :S

I tend to use names from singers, and sometimes just characters that have been on tv that I suddenly think 'hey... that's the best name ever!' [and I think that quite a lot]
e.g. Aubrey Ashburn - I'd never even heard the name Aubrey before I found the Devil May Cry 4 soundtrack!

I always have at least 1 Ivan per neighbourhood, and Helena, Alice and Clair are always used up first - I hate getting stuck, but usually I can't remember past these few - that is, until I come across an interesting name by accident.
Kivak

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2008, 08:30:16 pm »

My GF uses old graveyards, phonebooks, baby books, and occasionly she will say hey babe I need a name so and so had a girl or boy. I will pull some name out of my head, and she will either go yes or no. Ava Maria and Maurisa in her story are two of my names. Usually names I have used in my own hood and think they will go with her old 1700s hood. She has no problem coming up with modern names my favourite of hers is a girl named Lexie short for Alexandra but Lexie is such a cute name.

There is one thing in this world you can give others and still keep, and that is knowledge.
Ok maybe I will find a better siggy for now, keep on rockin!
-Little-CJ-

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: August 18, 2008, 08:37:18 pm »

I usually make mine up, or use names of the people in my class Cheesy Sometimes I take the names of my ex boyfriends...Or current boyfriends Cheesy I did have this program that used to create families names for me, but I couldn't be asked to start it everytime I wanted to make a new program...And it made my computer go strange T_T My dad wasn't happy Sad Cheesy

Clarissa xx

ashleigh goddard, babe your my everything, i couldn't want anyone else, after you. because baby looking in your eyes is like having a glimpse of heaven. 1/3/09 til forever i love you xxx
dlockett61

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 21, 2008, 05:47:40 pm »

I use a name generator, I use names I heard on television or movies, books I've read and this may sound a little morbid, but I also find names in the newspaper obituaries.
The Commodore

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 22, 2008, 06:10:01 pm »

I get a lot of my sim names by going on baby name sites, honestly. If I really cannot think of a name, that's where I turn.

But usually I just sit there and run random words through my head and most of the time I'll come up with something fairly unusual.

Ivoriku

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 29, 2008, 08:30:41 am »

I always just search "american girl names" on google.
Great names are on those sites, I use them most of the time.

We are all something, but none of us are everything. :snorting:
Stinkerbella
Site Santa!

Duchess of Dorks

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 29, 2008, 08:26:54 pm »

I get my names from some of the places everyone else here uses. Most times if I get really stuck for a last name, I read the labels of things I have closest to me. I once named a sim family Garnier. Cheesy I named another Gamble of that Proctor & Gamble Company. I sometimes use celeb last names or cartoon last names. I once named a sim Chase after watching a Chase banking commercial. I just hate when that part comes up I draw a complete blank.

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work -Thomas Edison
sabriena

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 30, 2008, 07:45:26 am »

I used to just look around my desk and pick out things and name my sims last name whatever it was. Then I would just sit and think of a name to actually name them.

Until I found this thread! Now I use the behindthename.com sites that people listed and love those sites! I even have some names written down so in case someone has a baby I don't have to alt tab out of the game and look up a name. Very awesome website for first and last names!
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 30, 2008, 07:08:32 pm »

I just copied one of the Census Bureau's "most popular names" table from the 50's..and have been converting it to a text file. Tons of names, all ranked from most to least popular.
I have a lot of names to choose from! Some of them are repeats, but many are just "alternative spelling" forms of the same name. I don't think I'm gonna run out of names very soon!

RanaAurora

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 05, 2008, 02:18:55 am »

The majority of mine are made up on the spot.  If I have a certain heritage in mind, I'll look up baby names of that culture.  I also will go pull movies and books off my shelves and look at actor, producer, author and character names.
hil34

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 09, 2008, 02:53:05 pm »

I usually just go to babynames.com where I have a list of my favorite names.

http://emia.myminicity.com/ <--- Visit my city so it can grow in population^-^

http://emia.myminicity.com/ind/ <--- Visit my city so it can grow in industry ^_^
pfctjoy

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 09, 2008, 04:32:34 pm »

One name follows me throughout the sims games and that's Joy (meeeee), however when I make multiples it depends on what the character looks like and what his/her aspirations are.  Right now, since I am FINALLY playing with SIMS 2, I have 6 different characters going, Chaos and Havoc are the two guys and there is an Adam who is an older character, Joy of course, and Prosperity, naturally with an aspiration of wealth and Eve the older of the women.
Jayde_lady

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 23, 2008, 05:54:55 pm »

i got mine from
my name
and the girl from the urbz [[jayde]]
Earcat

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 23, 2008, 07:53:22 pm »

http://www.incompetech.com/named/
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print