Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 09:04:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Were did you get your sim names from?  (Read 21502 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
xbabyxgemx

View Profile
« on: September 23, 2007, 07:59:19 am »

Just a curious question, I see some wonderful names on the picture threads that you've all named your sims.

Were did you get them from?

xx

To the rice crispie mobile Captain Curious! Na na nana na
babyblue1387

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2007, 10:50:04 am »

I've got a couple name lists from somewhere (I think someone posted them here). I also love baby name sites. They're one of the best places for...creative names. Not to mention my all-time favorite 20000-Names.com. Also, if you're watching a movie, look for names that you like there, and in daily life.
Shaddeh

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 11:04:51 am »

Most of the sims I'm playing with now are roleplay characters from a Fire Emblem board I go to, so some of the names I chose, and some are other people's characters. Cheesy

For their kids, I just use whatever names I've heard and personally like, or I even name them after their parents. Like one of my sims, Dianna, is named after her dad, Dian. Or if I hear a name that I like, I write it down for later.
buggkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2007, 11:28:50 am »

i do what probably every other male person does. i ask my wife, i think she gets them from her romance novels she reads. and she's reading dark hunter books now. i think they are romance novels to.

maniac19642003
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2007, 02:09:26 pm »

I use real names of friends from this site as well as my woman and myself plus I'll at times use celeb names when I download those sims. I don't use fake names or anything in my game.
carrotman42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2007, 02:21:49 pm »

I've got about 3 called Jane but I will only show one to hide this fact... muwhahaha

REBEL AGAINST THE REBELS
slowdance
Quote from: Some other Guy
Words...
charlotterose23

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2007, 04:06:56 pm »

I got a Baby Names book and it also has surnames so I use that or I'll use a Baby names website or ones that I know and like Smiley

1st Place ~ ANMM
2nd Place ~ RTS, Miss F.A.T
3rd Place ~ Wedding Nightmare, Makeover Remmington, DTS, X-Men Academy, Imaginary Friend
[/COLOR][/FONT]
Naima

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2007, 05:29:37 pm »

I make up a lot of my names, or I take names I like and change them a little. I also like to use ethnic names a lot, and sometimes old-fashioned names. I just love making up names, lol.

¤¤¤
1st Place MTB5 : Unity
2nd Place 7 Deadly Sims : Kimora[/SIZE]
SynapticSim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2007, 05:33:02 pm »

The phone book is also a great source of material!  I sometimes use the credits in a movie too, there's some pretty interesting names there, even just the crew.

~ Syn

Join SynapticSim's Lair Today!
Downloads!  Discussions!  Stories!  Art!  Check it out!
AjaAja

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2007, 09:46:23 pm »

Quote from: carrotman42;949337
I've got about 3 called Jane but I will only show one to hide this fact... muwhahaha

I don't mind having several with the same name. People in real life can have the same first name, so it's not a big deal for me.

There are different groups of names I use depending on what the sim's initial role is. I have just "normal" type sims and give them names that are average. I may have themed names, e.g. for many of the mafia sims - they have Italian names. I also can make names based on a specific characteristic in the sim or a specific trait. I also like making references and using word play with names. I often have themed last names and "normal" first names - e.g. Peter Pound is the owner of the pound; his wife is Ezra Pound (kinda "normal" and word play with the author).

If my avatar is a girl, it's most likely me
CBC (Come Back Campaign)! One post can make a difference. Join here!
Best contest ever, Beauty of the Decades. Join here!
Have my self-sim for yourself Wink. Get me  here!
Jazza0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2007, 04:45:30 am »

Quote from: buggkiller;949011
i do what probably every other male person does. i ask my wife, i think she gets them from her romance novels she reads. and she's reading dark hunter books now. i think they are romance novels to.

Yep! i agree with you there lol
babyblue1387

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2007, 06:04:45 am »

Quote from: SynapticSim;949605
The phone book is also a great source of material!  I sometimes use the credits in a movie too, there's some pretty interesting names there, even just the crew.

~ Syn

Wanna talk interesting? I was looking at the credits for one show, and this girl's name was BlueJean Ashley Secrest. Maybe there's a sim in the works...
mintcookies123

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2007, 03:00:02 pm »

http://www.behindthename.com/ has all types of names from all types of nationalities and meanings.

http://surnames.behindthename.com/ is just like Behind The Name except it has surnames (last names). These are the only sites I use for my sims' names.
Redrew25

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2007, 03:34:54 pm »

What a great questions!  Thanks for some of the links! I was running out of names. Smiley
wyntersdarkness

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2007, 03:54:23 pm »

I pick the most dark names I can find.

.:Embrace the pain behind my lips:.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: