Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 04:31:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Were did you get your sim names from?  (Read 21499 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Bloody_Tears

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2007, 06:55:06 pm »

Quote from: buggkiller;949011
i do what probably every other male person does. i ask my wife, i think she gets them from her romance novels she reads. and she's reading dark hunter books now. i think they are romance novels to.

Dark hunter books? Sherrlyn Kenyon by any chance? I love her books, they are a combination of horror and romance, but you do actually find them in the horror section of bookshops.

I use names from books I read, tv I watch, and also randomly pick names from real life.

"I am become Death, destroyer of worlds" Oppenheimer, taken from The Bhagavad Gita.
jadesstar

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2007, 05:27:05 am »

The phone book is my main source for surnames. Just open it up and look for something unique. I too, use two Baby Name books. In some neighborhoods though, I'll use names from books (I have several characters from Pride and Prejudice in one neighborhood) and another is stocked with Star Wars names.
xbabyxgemx

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2007, 07:14:03 am »

Thanks, thats really interesting, I guess I will have to keep my eyes and ears open. And thanks for the links too

xxx

To the rice crispie mobile Captain Curious! Na na nana na
Foxybaby

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2007, 06:19:46 am »

When I'm creating a sim I have a personality and backround in mind for them and then they carry on the traditional names down the generations, i.e. I have an Irish family, (The Murphy's), the man is Sean and his wife is Shannon, their son is Conor, and daughter, Niamh. I just google for "Irish baby names" or "African-American baby names" etc, and go back to them when a baby is born.

Ktara

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2007, 08:39:58 pm »

I usually take names from some stories I wrote when I was in a Klingon fanclub several years ago and had to delve up a character name and a family bio. Lately I've been using names from pics I've found on the internet of some of my ancestors.
BrittleBones

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2007, 08:31:42 am »

I usually get my surnames from album sleeves, TV listing book, names that stick in my head or just from random magazines etc. First names are usually from a baby names book (which has a lot of foreign names as well as the more traditional names, so it's useful when making ethnic families). I got it a few years back when I got the Sims1. Either that or I just decide for myself (not often though!)
Katheryne

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2007, 01:52:59 pm »

God, I'm glad someone necro'd this thread!  I've always had a hard time with names.  Coming up with names for newly-created sims hasn't been too difficult, as long as I remember which surnames have already been used in my neighborhoods and try not to duplicate one.  But coming up with a name for a newborn sim is much more difficult.  I think the suggestions given in this thread will really help me out. Cheesy
Stelio Kontos
Resident Reptilian
Loot Looker

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2007, 08:21:48 pm »

I use whatever name comes to my mind.
MistiMist

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2007, 09:56:25 pm »

I get mine mostly from books I read..though I do add in some ad libbing with said names!
AxelVal
Simmysim sim sim

Been away so long

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2007, 10:30:18 pm »

From behindthename.com
I use the random generator and refresh the page until I find a good one.  Sometimes I'll choose ethnicities to pull the names from, but other times I just use them all.

My Sims don't need to know it's not 2008 anymore.
Ghen

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2007, 11:01:42 pm »

Most of my names (especially the alien ones) are real names, mostly from kids I went to school with, people I've met or places I've been. I just spell them phonetically (spelling the way the word sounds)

DecoraChroi
Frigid Witch
Super Mod

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2007, 01:20:22 pm »

I make most of mine, organic names.

"The power to question is the basis of all human progress."
babyblue1387

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2007, 06:36:31 pm »

My thing now is weird names. I was watching some "it happened long ago" murder series and this one lady (a REAL lady, not a character) had the name Ro Morse. The weather channel featured a lady named Angela Deputy. Can you guess what name I'm going to use next:lol:?
Spongity

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2007, 01:07:35 am »

I make up most of my sims' names, that's why they're all so strange. XD Either that, or I name them after characters from Harry Potter, Final Fantasy, or whatever musical I'm currently addicted to. It's resulted in quite an odd variety.

My Flickr-Updated 5/26
My Picture Thread-Updated 6/26
"Michael always says K.I.S.S, Keep It Simple Stupid. Great advice, hurts my feelings every time."-Dwight Schrute
goody-goody

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2007, 08:20:58 am »

I

• get it from real life
  • see it on a movie/TV show/ect.
  • a friend suggests it
  • I google "baby names" and get a name from one of those sites
  • I look at what other people name their sims

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: