Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 09:34:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Curious Question  (Read 2952 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
MaryH

View Profile
« on: September 23, 2007, 03:05:31 pm »

I've been wondering about this all day:
 Say you have 1 Pleasantview  (or one of the other 2 neighborhoods) in your game-altered from the original setting-is it theoretically or technically possible to put another original Pleasantview as a neighborhood in your game, by copying it to a folder you create as "Neighborhood 7" or whatever in your game?

It sounds intriguing, just wondering if it is possible to do this.

Thanks for any replies.

kaitco

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 09:58:48 am »

It is very possible! Doing that saved me a lot of heartache when I was making the beginning of my story. Here is what you do:

Find the folder where you actually have the game installed. This is different from the folder where you would put custom content and the like. If you did a basic install, the path on your computer would most likely look like this:
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\UserData\Neighborhoods

Folder N001 =  Original Pleasantview, N002 = Original Strangetown and N003 = Original Veronaville.

Copy the neighborhood you want and paste somewhere else, but DO NOT delete or cut it. I would paste it onto your desktop for ease of finding it later.

Rename the folder something like N007 or a number that is not the same as any of your other neighborhoods. All of the files inside that folder will also need to be replaced. If you have some time, or just like to click around with your mouse, you can do this by hand, but if you are you impatient (like me, Wink), you should use this program (http://www.antp.be/software/renamer) and have it rename all the files like it suggests in this link (http://forums.thesimsresource.com/showthread.php?t=337587&highlight=ant+renamer).

Once you have renamed the folder and all its contents, move it to the folder where your saved games are stored. If you have a basic installation, it would probably go into this folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\(User Name)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods

When you start up your game again, you will have a new neighborhood at the end and it will be Pleasantview/Strangetown/Veronaville exactly like it was when you first installed the game. Cheesy

Happy Simming!

DorienneSmith.com ~ where life finds meaning...or at least, that is what I claim

MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 08:45:03 pm »

Thank you for the very precise and helpful reply-I had thought it was possible, because if the original files (as in the installed game files) were not corrupted, and you have enough memory, it would be possible to have the two of every neighborhood. That way I can play Pleasantview as variable as the one I have right now. Watch out, Dina-your life is about to get even more miserable! Yippee!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: