Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 09:35:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help, bug in Vince's story  (Read 8666 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
gwenie1232000
« on: September 23, 2007, 04:26:51 pm »

Hi, I bought the sims Life Stories for the PC yesterday and I am playing Vince's Story. I am at the part where Vince is supposed to invite the two girls over for the pool party, but when I invite them over the goal doesn't go away and when I get them all in the pool the goal doesn't go away either. I do not know why it is doing that but I have been trying that part for several sim days and it is still not working. Does anyone know how I can fix it or does anyone have any advice?? Thanks. -Gwen
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 06:49:29 pm by ~Marvine~ » Logged
viperchilli

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 01:40:22 pm »

I did that part last night. Worked for me, what is suppose to happen is that when everyone is in the pool, Samantha comes in and messes with your stereo. Then you get out and go to turn it on. Make sure u get in the pool and invite the girls in seperatley, if that doesn't work, I dunno, u might have to uninstall and reinstall - u might be able to save the game file and re-load that - but your'll have to look up on where that file is sotred and then place it in after a re-install.
thedom98

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007, 05:35:39 pm »

Hey, I had that same glitch. (At a different part but same concept) and I couldn't get it to go away. *sigh* So I decided to restart the game. :sad4: To do this go to Electronic Arts (Or whatever it says) and click on Sims life Stories. Then go to TSData and go to the folder res. Then go to UserData and neighborhoods. Hope I helped...If I didn't I can try to help you further. This is my only advise for that glitch. Sad
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2007, 06:48:33 pm »

Thread management notification:  3 Oct 2007: Two identical topic threads by the original poster have been merged.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
chelsamomo
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 02:02:07 pm »

i cant even open vinces story, even though i've completed rileys story.
his one hasnt even opened, its not on the main screen, only hers is and the leanr to play menu.
its really annoying me because i had to reinstall the game anyway half way through her story and had to do it all again, and for nothing!
angelrock444

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 12:40:49 pm »

Quote from: chelsamomo;1311832
i cant even open vinces story, even though i've completed rileys story.
his one hasnt even opened, its not on the main screen, only hers is and the leanr to play menu.
its really annoying me because i had to reinstall the game anyway half way through her story and had to do it all again, and for nothing!

i know i've gotten the same glitch except i started another game and the glitch went away just look in the 2nd page of the booklet it'll tell you how

::smilieiforgetwhi::::smilieiforgetwhi:::study::lurk:omg i love the stories here my fav is soul searching the author should really finish it!!!:lurk::happy8:::smilieiforgetwhi:::happy2::glasses7::color::color::group hu::wav:
SMILIES RULE!
check out Astral Faery's stories they are awsome and so are threavan's!!!:laughing:
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2009, 02:33:45 am »

ironically I was just about to ask the same question about this glitch I just started his story a day ago and I cannot get the 'invite over Naomi and Alexa' goal to roll over I will wait until about 4 P.M. and wait to be cheered up by Greg and call the girls as soon as the dialog stops popping up and they both agree to come over but when I greet everyone the goal does not roll over and also in his wants the hour glass in the three boxes that says please wait...and when I click on it, it says I have a pool and music all I need is guests. I have tried making Vincent dive in and ivite to join the 2 girls plus Greg but Samantha never shows up and the goal refuses to change and this has been happening since yesterday, I think I may know the problem though I have been playing my game in fast forward mode >>> to speed things up in the story and now I think maybe I borked the game but always slow the game down when I see a goal pop up or Vincent comment about something..I guess I might need to re-install the game Headwall
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2009, 05:15:25 am »

You don't need to reinstall.

1. Make a backup of Riley's Story (N001 in Neighborhoods)
2. Delete Neighborhoods folder
3. Run game once to generate fresh hoods
4. Play Riley to the end of Ch 3 or Ch 4, to unlock Vincent's Story
5. Save and exit
6. Delete N001 from Neighborhoods and put back your backup N001

Ta da! A fully played Riley's Story with a fresh unlocked Vincent's Story.

You have to play Riley until you unlock Vincent, but you don't have to play any further. I tried this and just replacing N001 won't work, you actually need to play until you unlock, and then you can delete the new hood and put back the pre-played one.

You don't, by chance, have the InSimenator installed in SLS, do you? It's one of the major causes of stuck goals. If you do have InSim or any other hack/mod installed, get rid of it (them) until you finish Story Mode. While in Story Mode you can only use cosmetic mods, such as default skintones and eyes, makeup, hair, clothing with it's own mesh, etc. You cannot use anything that affects gameplay, including InSim.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2009, 10:07:21 pm »

Thank you Engram, I will do that tomorrow and see if it fixes the problem which I am sure it will since the story line would start over.. No, I do not have Insimenator at all not even in my other game I do have SimBlender but its not associated with TSLS its in my main TS2 game with all my other wonderous mods and hacks, I figured out that TSLS won't accept almost any CC except what EA 'approves' angry I downloaded lots and lots the other night and found out the hard way that only maybe 5% of the stuff I downloaded would actually go into the friggin' game! ugghh I hate EA.. so I decided not to put in any mods into the game because I might mess it up
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: