Insimenator.org
January 18, 2020, 12:28:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: InSim only exists due to the generosity of our awesome community. If you'd like to help out, see this thread and toss some change our way. Thanks!
 
  Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm such an idiot!  (Read 6957 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
phoenix_risin
Member

Posts: 131


View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2007, 07:11:56 pm »

Thank you Vita  and Thank you for the link.
My game files actually were lost due to a computer dying and taking everything with it.
When the game died it only took what wa actually installed from the collection I have started since getting my new system Thankfully I have recovered rather well.
 I lost close to 50 or 60 GB's worth of files. Thanks to Many close friends sending me things through email to help me recover things and The Graveyard and that site no one can name. I have managed to recover many files I once had. Let me add that I did PAY for MANY of those files and FEW of those I contacted regarding it even acknowledged my email.

 I just REALLY Miss those darn Sims 2 lux dogs especially that Pit Bull Terrier.  No one has made one quite like it. Since it was in fact a free file well no one seems to have it. That and few sites allow you to even post that you are looing for a file. Even when it is a freebie from a now gone site.

If anyone happens to have that file, I would be eternally grateful and am offering a small reward. :0)
Logged
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie
Member

Posts: 1403


On hiatus from Insim


View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2007, 07:24:10 pm »

Ugh... just happened to me; not my main game thankfully, I keep a separate one for my fantasy themed hoods. I'm using Numenor's AnyGameStarter, had trouble with his first version and found he updated. So, I back-up my existing folder, or try to, thought it hadn't copied properly and deleted the folder... you can guess the rest :doh: Thankfully I hadn't started playing, but what I had done was make a good few sims to start with *sniff*

Oh well, with any luck they'll turn out better than they did at first... Still gotta download all my themed stuff again though, and there was loads! Sad

@phoenix: I found this site recently if that's any help - I liked what I found so much I bookmarked it Wink
Logged

No requests please
earth9876
Member

Posts: 6


View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2007, 02:01:21 am »

This is just my opinon but I thing you are ahead of the game. I have all the ep's and no matter what I backup and scan or reorganize I always end up in your exact position anyway. Currently I have only redownloaded the insimenator, a few of my must have hacks and only recolors. Believe me I do understand your fustration though and no matter who says what you are still pissed.
Logged
phoenix_risin
Member

Posts: 131


View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2007, 10:07:03 pm »

Quote from: Sadie79;963887
Ugh... just happened to me; not my main game thankfully, I keep a separate one for my fantasy themed hoods. I'm using Numenor's AnyGameStarter, had trouble with his first version and found he updated. So, I back-up my existing folder, or try to, thought it hadn't copied properly and deleted the folder... you can guess the rest :doh: Thankfully I hadn't started playing, but what I had done was make a good few sims to start with *sniff*

Oh well, with any luck they'll turn out better than they did at first... Still gotta download all my themed stuff again though, and there was loads! Sad

@phoenix: I found this site recently if that's any help - I liked what I found so much I bookmarked it Wink



Thank you for the link. I am very familiar with that forum. Due to differences of opinions I no longer visit that forum. I still have many friends that are there and whom I stay in touch at other forums and in emails. I will also forever be loyal to it. I have had many a great time there and shared many a laugh and cry too for that matter. I have had friends check and have had no luck.

I think I may have to give up the search. These darn doggys are getting to be a pain. Thanks to the WCIF area I did locate some nice ones.
 I wish there was some way to get the old files off my old hard drive.

Thanks Again
« Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 10:15:00 pm by phoenix_risin » Logged
Diva1108
Member

Posts: 31


View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2007, 10:35:55 pm »

I do it all the time. But i like starting over again too. And i always start in Pleasantview. I love that town. I keep all my downloads in discs pretty organzied so I just load it to my computer and BAM back in buisness. Or i just put the downloads on my desktop
Logged
CuriousSimmer
Member

Posts: 209


View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2007, 01:55:14 pm »

I updated to the patch 1.1 last night and after that it would not let me enter lots. It would freeze with the blue family screen up, playing that awful techno-ish music for ten minutes. So I uninstalled and reinstalled, not knowing that it would delete my entire downloads folder Sad
Logged
~Crysta~
Member

Posts: 43


View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2007, 11:51:01 pm »

i decided to uninstall/reinstall my sims 2 but i was not as stupid as i was last time i did it! i now keep my .rar files in my documents as backup and put them into a cd when putting a new ep/sp in especially Bon Voyage but i didnt with pets.
Logged

{ $ If Money Is Runing Your Life, Send It To Me And I Will Suffer For You $ } Cheesy
cheddarwood
Member

Posts: 7


View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2007, 06:14:13 am »

Everytime I get a new Ep I start over from scratch...I try new things, new sims...it's exciting all over again.
Logged

"Sail the seas of Cheese"
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

Gender: Male
Posts: 5021



View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2007, 06:43:56 am »

OK - I am a really old hand at this sort of thing, I never fail to make a back-up... although sometimes in a fit of madness I have been know to reformat all my hard drives  and re-install windows from the grounds up and discover at that all important moment that my last back-up was un-burned and my most recent DVD back-up is from 6 months ago >_<

or sometimes I will decide that my desk is just a doomed mess and scrape everything on it into the dustbin and gleefully carry the bin-bag out to the curb -- only to remember that my latest DVD back-up was at the bottom of the heap... remember at 06h30 just as I hear the giant masher on the lorry reduce said back-up to flinders >_<

or sometimes through the glory and the mystery of EA,  during the install of a new EP or SP the update goes *boink*gag*choke*die*fizzle* and the entire user folder tree vapourises >_<

so no, I have no idea what you are talking about >_<
Logged

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie
Member

Posts: 1403


On hiatus from Insim


View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2007, 07:44:13 am »

Quote from: CuriousSimmer;988257
I updated to the patch 1.1 last night and after that it would not let me enter lots. It would freeze with the blue family screen up, playing that awful techno-ish music for ten minutes. So I uninstalled and reinstalled, not knowing that it would delete my entire downloads folder Sad


I'm getting that now with no patch installed Sad About to try now I have a new graphics card, in the hope that extra memory will help, but if not I'm seriously considering patching it :?
Logged

No requests please
Raycee
Member

Posts: 5



View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2007, 08:47:26 pm »

I have a large hard drive so I backup about once every two weeks depending on how much I have added to the Downloads.  I also save everything that I download fron the web.  I save it by category, site I got it from and date.  I also save a picture of the Item.  If I get a file that cause problems, I delete that file, delete my "downloads" file and replace it with my latest backup.  This also helped me migrate my game to a new computer.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 08:48:27 pm by Raycee » Logged
~Aussie
Member

Gender: Male
Posts: 862



View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2007, 06:07:53 am »

Thank guys for the story. I have never backed up my download folder, will start doing it from now.
Logged

See my other uploads at Sim Oasis
marsha_best
Member

Posts: 2


View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2007, 04:50:17 am »

please help!!! my sims carnt go on holiday without hearts and teddy bears ECT, popping up everywhere, on the beach and in doorways, ALL OVER THE PLACE. What do i do?:smt106
Logged
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie
Member

Posts: 1403


On hiatus from Insim


View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2007, 07:37:55 am »

Download the updated Insim.
Logged

No requests please
Kielen
Member

Posts: 96



View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2007, 11:24:03 pm »

Quote from: beosboxboy;1006346
OK - I am a really old hand at this sort of thing, I never fail to make a back-up... although sometimes in a fit of madness I have been know to reformat all my hard drives  and re-install windows from the grounds up and discover at that all important moment that my last back-up was un-burned and my most recent DVD back-up is from 6 months ago >_<

or sometimes I will decide that my desk is just a doomed mess and scrape everything on it into the dustbin and gleefully carry the bin-bag out to the curb -- only to remember that my latest DVD back-up was at the bottom of the heap... remember at 06h30 just as I hear the giant masher on the lorry reduce said back-up to flinders >_<

or sometimes through the glory and the mystery of EA,  during the install of a new EP or SP the update goes *boink*gag*choke*die*fizzle* and the entire user folder tree vapourises >_<

so no, I have no idea what you are talking about >_<

LOL!! I love it... :angel:

I have yet to actually toast my game. I was getting some nasty errors a few months ago. I'd had the game installed for 2 years with no problems at all, so I figured a reinstall might be in order after all this time. So I just backed everything up and started over with clean hoods. I've reinstalled my laptop game a couple times as well, but that's due to my Body Shop being the spawn of the thing from nightmare swamp...
I've just found that I don't dispose of my backups properly very often. I think I have around 70 gigs of extra backups just hanging around between my two hard drives. And we won't talk about the 50 gigs on my external drive that bought just for these backups... >_> <_<
In my case, the delete button is your friend...
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 11:26:20 pm by Kielen » Logged

"I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
 
Jump to:  


Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!
Page created in 0.084 seconds with 29 queries.
SimplePortal 2.1.1