Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 05:11:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm such an idiot!  (Read 12082 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
verenaheu

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2007, 04:58:49 am »

I´ve also learned the hard way. But I also prefer to save only the DL Folder to the desktop when installing the new EP and letting all the stories start anew with different constellations! My DL Folder is like a tidy shelf and I know every piece in it, there is nothing needless in it. I learned to keep it like this after it was xxxGB and the game took 10 minutes for loading. Now I keep it just about 1GB, that´s just big enough! Smiley
Firestar

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2007, 07:18:04 am »

I thought I had backed everything up.  Apparantly only got part of my downloads, so I have lost loads.  Still hunting for the lovely lemon house on a high cliff I downloaded and having finally sorted out my floating head problem it is back and I can't remember what download fixed it, so you have my sympathy.

Always trust your first initial feelings, Special knowledge holds true, Bares believing, I turned around, In the crystalline knowledge of you.
jessiegirl37
hi
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2007, 01:31:42 am »

yea ive done that like ten times before so im really dum and i dont blame u i always think i need to redo the whole sims:snorting:
lovenpower

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2007, 08:14:45 pm »

i've done it before. it's not pleasant. i had to install evrything again and download my things over.it works faster than b4.

To the world you are one person,but to one person YOU ARE THE WORLD.
ashleymarie

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2007, 06:06:45 pm »

Yes, I don't mind starting over, since in my last game before my system crashed i had way to much cc. Now, I'm moderating my download amount.
Mihura

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2007, 02:31:16 pm »

Yes me too. So save the neighborhoods at least. Wink
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2008, 01:36:47 pm »

Find the map to the "hidden burrow", then while on hols get the sim with the map to go there. Talk to Bigfoot enough to befriend him, but thankfully you don't need to move him in Wink

No requests please
Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2008, 09:47:44 am »

if i have to reinstall an episode i always put my download folder on my desktop nex i uninstall the episode that i need to reinstall when reinstalled i enter the game quit then replace my download folder that way i protec my custom content hope this tip helps you.

Please do not pm me about happysimmers this site has been close now if you need any thing please look up this forum thank youhttp://delightfulsims.net/index.php
pikkonoloidlee

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2008, 11:00:20 pm »

yea, that's happened to me. now I just move them to my hardrive for awhile until I can get everything back up. although there's nothing quite like a fresh start, I can't stand to lose all of my precious downloads...
Elven_Song

=3

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2008, 06:49:53 pm »

Whenever I install a new game I make a copy of my downloads folder. Truthfully, most of my families aren't that important to me. Half the time I'm just playing with the maxis sims anyways.

But the starting fresh with downloads and organizing them is a great idea. I wish I had been more thoughtful when I first started out... 'cause that would've been so helpful. x.x I think I may do that one of these days... My game can't take another expansion without a good cleaning. I'm so attached to my downloads it's hard to do.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: