Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 05:31:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm such an idiot!  (Read 12074 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Bloody_Tears

View Profile
« on: September 24, 2007, 02:05:38 pm »

I finally decided that I was going to uninstall the entire game, and build it up again from scratch. And despite reading repeated warnings not only on this site, but many others, to make backups: What did I not do?! And now I'm going to have to go recheck every website I've ever visited and hope that I can find all the stuff... Ugh. Anyone else ever done this?

"I am become Death, destroyer of worlds" Oppenheimer, taken from The Bhagavad Gita.
DokiePlayer
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 02:33:49 pm »

Yeah ,I've done that 6 times ,also with this EP ,but in the end I'm always happy to start over again .
The game runs faster and I'll try other downloads ,just a brand new start:-P
phoenix_risin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 02:37:57 pm »

I just uninstalled and reinstalled. I actually save all my downloads on my system then move them to disks. I plan on getting a external drive just for all my Sims files so I never lose them again. When my system crashed a few months ago I lost ALL my downloads both pay and free From as far back as when Sims 2 first started having custom content.

I am heartbroken that the one thing I really LOVED the site is now gone.
 The site was Sims 2 Lux I wish I could find those dogs again. They done a great Pit Bull, Rotti, and Doberman. They were the BEST. They are gone now forever. Even the graveyard does not have them :0((

It is a time consuming thing but I honestly have found so many new things that I do not miss that much the older things. Well ok except those dogs. :0(
I did find that looking through the finds pages and archives was a huge help.

Good Luck
Mihura

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 02:40:05 pm »

One time I have all lost when I have installed one EP (Nightlife or OFB). Since I make a save at each installation / reinstallation / or in any time...
But the more important (for me) isn't the downloads who can be redownload without problem but the stories of the families. :roll:

Ok it's not a good news for you but you're are not an idiot, error is human tongue.
Good suite to you Bloody Tears. Smiley
vita4all

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 02:51:25 pm »

To Phoenix and others who had this unfortunate experience of losing their stuff when installing or from a game crash:

At http://files.sims2graveyard.com/
you can find a lot of stuff from closed sites, including items from Sims2Lux.

Sorry about losing those dogs, though.

For a few nice downloads, visit our site, http://gangstersims.com.
Bloody_Tears

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2007, 06:37:20 pm »

This is the first time that I've forgotten to copy my downloads folder Cry I've spent the last couple of hours trawling various websites getting my downloads back. The one advantage though is that this time, I'm organising everything. I've got sub-folders for clothes, genetics, default replacements, bodyshapes, hacks etc. and checking everything that I'm installing and making sure it's stuff I really want, as opposed to the random things that I always ended up getting as well. Problem is that since Squinge isn't making anything new, and all his other hacks are gone too I can't get things like my pregnant sims wear any outfit hack, and various other ones. Combine that with all the custom sims that I've downloaded and now lost and it's just a pain in the ass!
Error may be human, but I still feel like a moron! Smiley

"I am become Death, destroyer of worlds" Oppenheimer, taken from The Bhagavad Gita.
~Angel~

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2007, 04:22:25 pm »

Quote from: DokiePlayer;950749
Yeah ,I've done that 6 times ,also with this EP ,but in the end I'm always happy to start over again .
The game runs faster and I'll try other downloads ,just a brand new start:-P

Thats same as me Cheesy Its cool starting afresh Smiley

~Mum to beautiful Ella Rose Isherwood,
              Born 21/10/08~
Scotty

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2007, 05:13:18 pm »

I've never done that. I am very anal with my downloads. I have stuff I've downloaded when the base game first came out. I just have no desire to start all over again. Some of that stuff would be impossible to find.

And even though I don't play the Sims 1 anymore, I still have all my Sims 1 downloads backed up on CD. Smiley

For discussions and downloads, come to The Gay Sims Club 2

We are MORE than just a forum!
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2007, 10:03:42 am »

@Bloody_Tears: Squinge's mods can also be found on that link vita4all posted. Just be aware that they're no longer supported, and mods like pregnancy wear any outfit has had mixed reports concerning BV. That said, a lot of his mods will work, it's just a case of choosing carefully Smiley

No requests please
ladyfaenya

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2007, 10:31:40 am »

well when my hubby decided to muck with our comp, he effectively made it not work. SO we got a new one, meaning no sims nothing for me... Sad After getting the new comp we found nothing got wiped from my hard drive. So I still have all my sims stuff.

Needless to say I started with a clean install for BV on the new computer. In the long run it was probably the best idea to do too. Now I can actually organize my downloads as I put them in Smiley

Mirin in ANTM :: Winner ::[/color]
Naquadria in ANTM2 :: 3rd ::[/color]

Our destinies have been intertwined, they never met.
-James Norrington
Bloody_Tears

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2007, 03:10:48 pm »

yeah, that's what I'm doing. It's just a long and extremely tedious process. I haven't actually played it since I reinstalled as I've been so busy trying to download all my stuff again. It's going quite well.

ronnie211797

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2007, 05:15:03 am »

I have done that at least once with two or three different expansion packs. I tell you this, it is no fun searching for and re-downloading thousands of files.  :-x I am a hardcore downloader, that reminds me got get rid of some of this stuff.

"Remember the past but don't dwell on it, Prepare for the future but live in the present!":worship:
                            by: "Ronnie" Ronetta Bryant
xbabyxgemx

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2007, 06:43:01 am »

Oh gawd yes! I do it constantly. espesh when the game crashes due to a download. So now I go to my safe sites. And Zip my download folder when I'm finished and put them in my documents. It's saved alot of heart ache!
xx

To the rice crispie mobile Captain Curious! Na na nana na
xoJessi

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2007, 09:27:28 am »

I did it once and it was not fun!

My Sims Journal/Photo Album Come see what my sims are up to!

Real Sims
Sims Oasis
KacoshiAjewl

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2007, 06:02:46 pm »

hmmm i do it every time i put in a new expansion pack XD but thats just becuse it takes to long to back-up everything i want to so i just scrap it all and start over again, quite happily i might add.

"You told me today...that the demons are the good ones...then why do the angels try so hard to be good?"
"They say Angels are perfict...well I dont belive that Propganda spread by there leader the Dark witch..."
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: